Moussa Sissoko

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He had a good game period. Looked very tidy today. Playing him in a central midfield role is how you get the best out of his strong points and hide most of his flaws.

Offers us a lot of power and some composure in the midfield allowing out attacking players to focus on that.

Not to mention he was almost everywhere today. He slotted in at CB, RB and even LB at times depending on how our defenders moved about

Had a very good game today. Kept it simple, covered ground and read the play well. Looked a different player, Poch must have worked with him. Only when he started to get a little excited did the odd pass go astray. Got in some great positions around the penalty area but failed to pull the trigger. Desperately wanted him to score.

I'm really warming to him. Sure he's not our best, but by golly he runs his heart out. I now don't think "oh s***, Sissoko's playing" when the team is announced. He may not always be first choice but definitely an important part of the squad.

I'm really warming to him. Sure he's not our best, but by golly he runs his heart out. I now don't think "oh s***, Sissoko's playing" when the team is announced. He may not always be first choice but definitely an important part of the squad.

His brains seem to fall out when he gets anywhere near the opponents' goal, but he does the simple stuff well, and links defence and attack - hope he gets a shout for France in the world cup and comes back on a high.

yes for him he had a good game, his passing is still hit & miss, but hopefully this is the start of him making me eat my words

He had an assist, a 92% pass completion (hit and miss?) and completed the most dribbles of any player .... not at Ericksen's level maybe, but then who is, put in a top performance today .... Poch can make anyone look good, he's magic you know ......

The thing with Sissoko is consistency.

Of all our players, he’s the one with the biggest margins between poor and great performances. Often within the same game. He can be playing terribly and suddenly produce a moment of pure magic (away to Burnley being a case in point), or be playing brilliantly and deliver a pass straight from the deepest regions of hell.

It’s a weird brand of unpredictability. He’s like Zokora, but somehow considerably better and worse.

CM is his best position on this team alongside Dier or Wanyama. Just seems to suit him better.
Agree. People complained about his lack of end product. Play him deeper and rate him not on goals and assists. Like Modric, Dembele, Dier, Wanyama, rate him on other things that he can do better from deeper positions.
He can be a Wanyama with better dribbling. Like many mentioned, keep the passes short.

The thing with Sissoko is consistency.

Of all our players, he’s the one with the biggest margins between poor and great performances. Often within the same game. He can be playing terribly and suddenly produce a moment of pure magic (away to Burnley being a case in point), or be playing brilliantly and deliver a pass straight from the deepest regions of hell.

It’s a weird brand of unpredictability. He’s like Zokora, but somehow considerably better and worse.
I would say he isn't this bad. I'd say he's fairly consistent. The entire fanbase has confirmation bias, the moment he miss-controls a ball in a game then he's shit and therefore justified in calling him shit, the fact 40k fans are also saying it, means they are all right and a further 20k jump on board the bandwagon. Kane will miss control a ball twice in a match but is a god.

And no, I'm not comparing the two and no, I'm not saying Sissoko is a top quality player, just not as bad as people still maintain (just checkout literally every time he's named in the starting eleven on Twitter, the only response will be thousands of confused face gifs with his name hash tagged). The weekend was his best game for us, but there have been many times this season his performances has been close to that of the weekend and when he's come on as sub he has rarely put a foot wrong, not scintillated but just gone about his job he's been asked to perform.

So, to put the consistency theory to the test, list the poor games he's played for us this season (could extend this further but memory can't go back that far). Whilst you will not pick out MOTM performances I bet you will find a calamitous one either, ergo he's consistent.

When no one in the squad is guaranteed a game it's a good thing. If this means Dembele and Dier upping their game and Wanyama fighting harder to get back into the starting 11, it's all good.

I would say he isn't this bad. I'd say he's fairly consistent. The entire fanbase has confirmation bias, the moment he miss-controls a ball in a game then he's shit and therefore justified in calling him shit, the fact 40k fans are also saying it, means they are all right and a further 20k jump on board the bandwagon. Kane will miss control a ball twice in a match but is a god.

And no, I'm not comparing the two and no, I'm not saying Sissoko is a top quality player, just not as bad as people still maintain (just checkout literally every time he's named in the starting eleven on Twitter, the only response will be thousands of confused face gifs with his name hash tagged). The weekend was his best game for us, but there have been many times this season his performances has been close to that of the weekend and when he's come on as sub he has rarely put a foot wrong, not scintillated but just gone about his job he's been asked to perform.

So, to put the consistency theory to the test, list the poor games he's played for us this season (could extend this further but memory can't go back that far). Whilst you will not pick out MOTM performances I bet you will find a calamitous one either, ergo he's consistent.
Just look at any time the dude posts anything on social media there is a minimum of 10-15 people going "go away" or something similar.

The level of abuse the guy gets is silly now

Back
Top Bottom