Moussa Sissoko

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Thats my last entry on this, I know some people feel a lot more strongly about the guy, than I do - and I don't want to start upsetting people.
I love to see the guy have a good game, and his last one was the best shift he's put in, and it was good to watch.

Don't go down that route, please. We both know that if Dembele was 25 and super fit, he would start every game

(NB - But this discussion should be in the Dembele thread)
You started the convo Mick.

You may find it difficult to accept but he has been a key member of our squad this season, played and contributed in our teams record unbeaten run. Once you accept that this is indeed the case it will not make you quite so obstinate and life will become a happy place again, spring is in the air, birds are chirping and we are in the mix to equal our highest ever finish in the league since '63 again and we're in our 2nd successive FA Cup Semi-Final, where he has played and started in every single one of the 6 FA Cup games.
8448722.png

You started the convo Mick.

You may find it difficult to accept but he has been a key member of our squad this season, played and contributed in our teams record unbeaten run. Once you accept that this is indeed the case it will not make you quite so obstinate and life will become a happy place again, spring is in the air, birds are chirping and we are in the mix to equal our highest ever finish in the league since '63 again and we're in our 2nd successive FA Cup Semi-Final, where he has played and started in every single one of the 6 FA Cup games.
8448722.png
When I feel the need to have a lifestyle guru, I'll be sure to PM you!
:):):)

We're roughly 70% into the season and the Sissoko debate is still on going.

When the nukes hit all that will be left will be cockroaches, mutants, the Sissoko debate and Liverpool supporters hate for the penalties at Anfield

We're roughly 70% into the season and the Sissoko debate is still on going.

When the nukes hit all that will be left will be cockroaches, mutants, the Sissoko debate and Liverpool supporters hate for the penalties at Anfield
They will definitely have moved on to the conspiracy that we ended the world to prevent them winning the league next year.

Actually I am amazed that I see myself saying this, but Siss has been decent in recent past! Quite noticably stepped up his game. Still nowhere near "a top player" nowhere near "first pick" but he has proven in some circumstances he could do the job and help the team. Which is nice!

I would say I am feeling most optimistic about him since he started and played 72 minutes in 2:0 WHL win over Shitty. After that his stocks started to decline in my eyes, but now from the start of this year they began to rise once more.

I believe that we should give credit where credit is due (and for the point in case, can give him stick if he plays bad). And this is one of the cases when he deserves some praise in my eyes.

Still nowhere near "a top player" nowhere near "first pick" but he has proven in some circumstances he could do the job and help the team.

And the people who have given him credit for over a year have never claimed any of that.
Thats whats always confused me....the level of animosity towards a clearly useful squad player who has stepped in and covered numerous injuries, contributed in some huge moments, and is clearly rated by the manager as quality back up.

Sissoko's not really skilled enough in possession to start in CM alongside Moose/Dier/Wanyama. He's not skilled enough in attack to want to start in the AM slot. Hes not really an RB type either. He can play a utility role and cover all those slots, which is nice. He trains well and doesn't disrupt the squad despite little playing time, which are both needed qualities. I think the (obvious) disappointment though is that you would hope to be able to get that without spending "club record" type money. In that sense, he'll always be a bit of a disappointment. His purchase was definitely one of Levy's poorer ones. I wish him the best though and am glad hes at least not detracted from the club in his time here.

he came here with big expectations and a large section of the fan base weren't sure... I think most would say now they appreciate the way he conducts himself and sures it up late on, however, given the choice of keeping or selling for £20m I believe most fans would prefer to see that money reinvested, of which I am one. I hope he succeeds as he comes across as a decent lad, just not my cup of tea

he came here with big expectations and a large section of the fan base weren't sure... I think most would say now they appreciate the way he conducts himself and sures it up late on, however, given the choice of keeping or selling for £20m I believe most fans would prefer to see that money reinvested, of which I am one. I hope he succeeds as he comes across as a decent lad, just not my cup of tea
Last summer I 100% wanted him gone. But after how he has carried himself and worked this year I have upgraded him to "ambivalent". If he goes I won't throw a hissyfit. But I also won't complain if he remains since has proved that he works as a squad/utility player.

Definitely a player we can upgrade on, but if Poch chooses to invest somewhere else then that is fine

Last summer I 100% wanted him gone. But after how he has carried himself and worked this year I have upgraded him to "ambivalent". If he goes I won't throw a hissyfit. But I also won't complain if he remains since has proved that he works as a squad/utility player.

Definitely a player we can upgrade on, but if Poch chooses to invest somewhere else then that is fine

yup totally agree, however if we could get £20m what would you do? If it was your choice?

yup totally agree, however if we could get £20m what would you do? If it was your choice?
Tricky to be honest. Who would we theoretically bring in in his stead would be a deciding factor. I'd want someone who like Sissoko, is flexible enough to cover multiple positions. Having someone like that is valuable. Probably would but tbh cannot really give a straight answer

OTT criticism was replaced by OTT defence of Sissoko, now we're sitting in ambivalence.

Personally I think he's the worst player on the squad by some distance. A distance which would be much greater if Llorente wasn't there.

I'm all for squad depth but I think we're genuinely weakened as a side when he's on the pitch. I'd rather he wasn't there as an option and we played alternatives in the Cups and sub appearances.

It's not unusual for defence to be deputised by a suitable midfielder, the same up front. I feel we have enough of these player so Sissoko is really in no-man's land.

Hopefully his stock would have risen this year and we will be able to upgrade him - no offence

Back
Top Bottom