Moussa Sissoko

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think he could obviously benefit from more regular football, but not sure if he'll veer have the consistency or ability to hold down a regular starting spot. He's probably offered more than Wanyama this season (not hard).
A 20mill move to france or italy for him would be ideal. If he goes or stays he's got my support because he has worked hard to overcome the huge wave of criticism he received in his first few months. Also this:
riqfluo8msnz.jpg

I think he could obviously benefit from more regular football, but not sure if he'll veer have the consistency or ability to hold down a regular starting spot. He's probably offered more than Wanyama this season (not hard).
A 20mill move to france or italy for him would be ideal. If he goes or stays he's got my support because he has worked hard to overcome the huge wave of criticism he received in his first few months. Also this:
riqfluo8msnz.jpg
That one needs to be framed and put up somewhere in the new stadium alongside Lamela calling Wheelchair a pussy

... he's got my support because he has worked hard to overcome the huge wave of criticism he received in his first few months. Also this:
riqfluo8msnz.jpg
Worth every penny of the £30m for this alone! (Well, almost!!)

Seems he's suffering from a classic case of Fox-Sintonitis... one good game against us, and we go and spend loads on him... before remembering it was 'only us' he ever had a good game against!!

Decent doesn't cut it for a team that intends to challenge for the title and to win trophies.

No one has ever claimed he should be first choice, but he has stood in and done well.
He's played 1500 minutes this season (an average of 16 games) scored 2, assisted 2, and been part of some very good results (Real home and away for one) when we had injuries to Wanyama, Winks, Toby and Dembele.

When you think of how many times he's been used, and here we are, in our Wembley season, looking at 3rd spot, I dont see how anyone can say Sissoko is not a good enough squad player.

Last edited:
Not my first choice but a good player to have on the sub's bench. Shame about the glaring miss against Watford, but it had no bearing on the result, would have been nice for him though. Suppose if we did get a decent offer for him, we should listen to it.

I may be going against the grain here but I think Sissoko is a great utility player and should be kept unless a stupid offer comes in. He is happy to come off the bench, knows the league playstyle well, can play in multiple positions, and from what I have heard is a very good trainer who just gets on with it.

No issues with Sissoko.

Works relatively hard. Gets on with it.

Has played left wing back, right wing back, right wing and central midfield for us. It's a good thing to have at your disposal.

You don't need every player in your squad to be a top tier talent. United under Ferguson had many players who worked hard and were versatile.

Of course if we got a generous offer for him, say £20,000,000+. You'd probably have to consider selling someone who's near on 30 years old.

Perhaps the wrong way to look at this, but we have had loads of CM’s with a lot less ability & a lot less effort supporting them who somehow are more regarded than Sissoko

To name some: Freud, Calderwood, Dozzell, Brown, Sean Davies, Bunjevcevic as DM under Hoddle or anyone remember Jamie Redknapp’s cart horse impression on the handful of games he actually bothered to turned up in ?

None of the above are above Sissoko in terms of delivery for the shirt.

That he is not as awful as that lot does not make him great, but considering what he offers above those jokers it does make him deserving of a lot more respect than this forum, at times, gives him.

He was really poor least season. Wouldnt have cared if he was sold. But this season he fills in various places and doesnt cause a fuss being a utility/squad player. Plus his performances have improved overall too. Maybe next season will be more improvement. Id keep him

Have to agree that he has improved a great deal and has filled some roles when called upon.

He is more up to speed and usually works hard, but his technical ability is the bottle-neck.

Actually Onomah mention was quite to-the-point -> he has been shifted around here and there as well (both, for us and now while being out on loan), and he should be on significantly lower pay + could have significantly higher ceiling. So IF we decide to keep Onomah around AND decent offer would come in for Sissoko, I would not be against selling the frenchman. But both of those assumptions would have to be filled then.

Back
Top Bottom