Mousa Dembélé

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That’s what happens when most of your football knowledge comes from google, instead of, well, knowledge.

I imagine he only knew he made a mistake when someone tweeted him...

I've always been critical of his ability to provide assists and goals, but I'm starting to realize he should rather be judged along the lines of Modric. He's very good under pressure, driving forward with the ball and controlling the game, imo these last few seasons from Dembele have been better than those of Modric's time with us

tAO07bu.png

(yoinked from reddit... credit to kernowgringo)

I love Dembele, don't get me wrong, i am over the moon that he seems to be fit and in the form of his life at the moment because i genuinely feel that we are a much better team when he is on point (same with Eriksen).

And it is great that the media seem to be catching on although i'm not sure how a player can still be underrated when everyone starts rating them.

BUT, there is a reason that Dembele has not been considered in the same company of some of the other midfielders mentioned in this article and tis not down to lack of goals and assists. IMO it's because he rarely plays more than 2500 minutes a season. By comparison Eriksen and Alli played more than 3500 in just the PL and CL last season (no stats for cups for some reason).

It's like the Ledley conundrum, imagine what sort of player he would be if he was 100% fit.

Benefiting big time from switching back to the 4-2-3-1. Dier advanced opening space up for Moose who's been Spurs best player over the last month or so ( Eriksen a close second). Seems like the 5 man BL will never suit him so it will be interesting to see if Poch continues to roll wth this formation for the rest of the campaign
That is SUCH a good point it's unreal.
I hadn't considered it before, but it makes perfect sense

The man has been brilliant for years. When he was at Fulham, he possessed all the key attributes he does now, he seems to have shredded a lot of weight since joining us and his fitness has just gone through the roof again under Poch. Great to seem him doing what he does for a full 90.

I hate the "he only passes side-wards brigade", yes he is, for the most part a side-wards passer of the ball, but usually he has gone past a few people, moved us 25 yards up the pitch and drawn in quiet a few players from the opposition in the process ruining their defensive lines. When he does play that side-wards pass, most of the time its to the likes of Erickson, Alli or Son who have already benefited from what he has done and are able to play that killer ball. Just watch how many times the play goes, Dembele, attacking player, Kane, goal.

Will finish on his pass through to Kane last night, beauty (and definitely not side-wards). Great goal scoring opportunity.
was thinking the same thing last night, if there was a ranking for secondary assists (if thats what you call it) he'd be top

was thinking the same thing last night, if there was a ranking for secondary assists (if thats what you call it) he'd be top

Modric got the same argument thrown against him from opposing fans when he played for us.

Doesnt score enough
Doesn't assist.

9 times out of 10, Modric would assist the assist.

Back
Top Bottom