Mousa Dembélé

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

“At the beginning of the season, I said ‘I had physical problems, I want to see at the end of the season how I feel’. That’s what the club and I decided by mutual agreement.

“At this moment, I am very happy at Tottenham. I do not lie when I say that I do not think about a big transfer. I want to play a World Cup and afterwards we will see. "

I wouldn't exactly call that casting doubt?

Footballers and the Football Press just do NOT mix do they?

I'm surprised we'll have any players left by August...
If you believed what the Press TRY and make us believe, then they're gonna have to play the Under-11s in the new ground at this rate!

“At the beginning of the season, I said ‘I had physical problems, I want to see at the end of the season how I feel’. That’s what the club and I decided by mutual agreement.

“At this moment, I am very happy at Tottenham. I do not lie when I say that I do not think about a big transfer. I want to play a World Cup and afterwards we will see. "

I wouldn't exactly call that casting doubt?

I would say that's pretty honest. He knows Poch requires loads from his players and the Premiership is pretty intense. He has been majestic at points this season and doesn't seem to complain. I hope he has a decent World Cup then lets see how things are

Well technically he did cast doubts over his future by saying he is thinking about a big transfer and that he will talk about any offers with his agent

This is the most interesting comment for me:

If we talk about a new contract in the middle of the season, it will cost energy. Imagine that a player feels not appreciated after a disappointing proposal, it can disrupt his game.

If it had been a journalist's words, I'd have thought nothing of it, but this is a quote and, in that context, possibly quite revealing.

This is the most interesting comment for me:

If it had been a journalist's words, I'd have thought nothing of it, but this is a quote and, in that context, possibly quite revealing.
These are very wise words. Contract talks mid season take up needless amounts of time and energy from both the player and club that could be focused on training and playing so that once the season ends you can put full focus on negotiating deals. Moose seems a smart man and knows that negotiating a contract now when there is a world cup coming up is stupid compared to negotiating one after the cup and some potential monster performances in it

These are very wise words. Contract talks mid season take up needless amounts of time and energy from both the player and club that could be focused on training and playing so that once the season ends you can put full focus on negotiating deals. Moose seems a smart man and knows that negotiating a contract now when there is a world cup coming up is stupid compared to negotiating one after the cup and some potential monster performances in it
But if you nip over to the thread about another of our Belgians, it’s the behaviour of a complete scoundrel.

Earlier it was in doubt because of his age and injury problems whether club would offer a new contract. Think they will now but he will want to see who is not staying next year as well.

Seriously guys... I were not sure it is possible to like player any more. And then Dembele does what he did on Saturday. I have always liked him, but I'd have to say that based on the last 3 months (or since Xmas) he is my favorite player in this team full of favorites that is Tottenham almighty Hotspur.

Those turns away from pressure. Those silk-smooth dribbles while surrounded with 3 opposition defenders.
And then ofc the way he set up our opener. Intercepted the ball well and fed it STRAIGHT to Alli who was in space and gave assist to Eriksen. This is EXACTLY what I want such midfielder to do!

Brilliant display and my man of the match without a doubt!
Long live king Mousa!
:pochhail::pochhail::pochhail:

Back
Top Bottom