Mike Dean

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If Chelsea can get 22 free kicks to Manchester City's 7 in the league cup final, what number will they get at home to the most cheated team Spurs with all the refs wanting to avenge Mike Dean for his 'winding up' of Poch????!!

He probably said something totally innocuous like "bad luck" which in the highly charged post-match atmosphere got mis-heard or mis-interpreted. It quickly then span out of control. I'm not surprised that the lip readers have not got to work.

No team should be able to choose or comment on any referee assigned to them. They take what they're given.

My understanding is that Dean was removed from 4th official duty tomorrow night because of the investigation.

Chelsea got 22 fouls as opposed to Man City's 7 because City committed more fouls! Simple,

This has been done to death on another thread. There is no conspiracy against us. (No more than every other clubs' supporters thinks there's a conspiracy against them).

He probably said something totally innocuous like "bad luck" which in the highly charged post-match atmosphere got mis-heard or mis-interpreted. It quickly then span out of control. I'm not surprised that the lip readers have not got to work.

I reckon it was a bit more than 'bad luck' misheard. Especially considering how incensed our coaching staff became.

What Dean said is on audio but the FA have been conspiring against Spurs for a long time (years). They will try to cover it up.

The plan was first to stop Spurs winning the title, now it's the chance to get Spurs out the top four.

If Chelsea can get 22 free kicks to Manchester City's 7 in the league cup final, what number will they get at home to the most cheated team Spurs with all the refs wanting to avenge Mike Dean for his 'winding up' of Poch????!!
Jesus fucking Christ.

I reckon it was a bit more than 'bad luck' misheard. Especially considering how incensed our coaching staff became.

The manager heard (or mis-heard) something and said to Dean "what, what, what what did you say"

Dean is heard several times to say "go away, just go away"

As reported in the Mirror. I don't think they have an axe to grind against us, but I'm sure someone will find one. I assume they have competent lip-readers.

At the end of a highly charged game that we all thought we should win, saying "good game" would have sparked a war.

The manager heard (or mis-heard) something and said to Dean "what, what, what what did you say"

Dean is heard several times to say "go away, just go away"

As reported in the Mirror. I don't think they have an axe to grind against us, but I'm sure someone will find one. I assume they have competent lip-readers.

At the end of a highly charged game that we all thought we should win, saying "good game" would have sparked a war.

While being the voice of all things calm and reasonable have you ever considered that Mike Dean could just be an actual cunt and said something out of order

All Dean was interested in saying was 'go away', he's a coward and loads of people have complained that he thinks he's too good to explain himself or speak to people. He just needs to fuck off.

While being the voice of all things calm and reasonable have you ever considered that Mike Dean could just be an actual cunt and said something out of order
Personally i think he is and did.
Lets look at the facts as we know them. Have you ever seen Poch so animated and annoyed? Then you have Jesus fuming as well. What ever Dean said, it was a bit more than "hard luck" IMHO

Couldn't agree more.

He's inept, but I won't go as far to say he's biased in any game he officiates in. As I said earlier, he said something that was mis-heard or misinterpreted. Remember our manager does not have English as his first language.

Dean may have been trying to be funny (in itself stupid at the end of a game we should have won), but I can't go the next step to label him biased.

I hope we find out what was said in the next few days.

Not often I'm called 'calm and reasonable' - I shall go for a lie down.

Couldn't agree more.

He's inept, but I won't go as far to say he's biased in any game he officiates in. As I said earlier, he said something that was mis-heard or misinterpreted. Remember our manager does not have English as his first language.

Dean may have been trying to be funny (in itself stupid at the end of a game we should have won), but I can't go the next step to label him biased.

We should of won is a bit strong. Honestly we can only say we didn't deserve to lose. In my opinion we didn't do enough to win that game.

Couldn't agree more.

I highly doubt that what he said was either misheard or misinterpreted. If it was just Poch that reacts I'd say it could be possible but for Jesus to repeatedly tell him not to say what he said and for Toni Jimenez to tell him he'll never work again he's obviously said something snide and unprofessional.

Remember this is a ref who in recent weeks Jenas has said he is arrogant and not the kind of guy that he likes and Clattenburg has come out and said that he's known Mike Dean for a long time and knowing him he probably did say something.

It blew over from our side of thigs granted but Mike Dean has his head up his own arse, has over 30 more red cards in the league compared to the guy ranked 2nd in dishing them out and clearly likes to feel like he's the 23rd man as opposed to his job being to ensure the game flows within the boundaries of the rules so both teams are left to playing within the correct boundaries of the game. He should have kept his mouth shut but he didn't because he's got a bad attitude towards his role as a referee

Btw Dean also gave us a dodgy as hell penalty against Gooner scum.

My issue with him is that in most games he is in charge of he almost always seems to make a big, game changing decision that changes the complexity of the game, be it a red card, a dubious penalty, a free kick that blatantly wasn't a foul etc.

I know clubs have to deal with all situations they are faced with but the guy gets key decisions wrong almost everytime. As far as I see it, if you're not certain that it's a foul you can't give it & if you're not certain it's a corner you can't give it. Too many refs guess and it seems like this one guesses far too often and, unfortunately for him as a result of some of his big calls teams have gained a substantial advantage because of them.

If he doesn't give a free kick for Woolwich in the game last season when Davinson pulled off a remarkable tackle, Woolwich don't score a goal, if he doesn't give a penalty to Sonny when it blatantly wasn't we don't score vs them this year, if he doesn't guess when he's clearly impeded from seeing who the balls gone off of against Burnley, they don't score etc his big calls seem to lead to game changing outcomes.

He's been getting too many too wrong for too long. There's a reason most teams sigh when he's named as ref, it's because the game inevitably won't flow fair and with reflection to how the games unfolding. He's dramatic, guesses, is pompous and doesn't seem to show any genuine people skills in critical moments. Acts like he's in an untouchable bubble and clearly has provocative behaviour styles. Needs a ticking off or to be told to pack his bags

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom