Mighty Spurs vs AS Roma. Il derby di Totti

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

4. Nkoudou is marginally far far worse than Chadli, Son and Townsend

200w.gif

If there is no VAR, what was Coco the fucking clown doing consulting a forth official, who was miles away from the incident?
He was right behind Fazio's foul on Kane but probably still had some custard pie in his eyes, and I believe he missed a neon signed 'look at me, I'm going to foul the defender' drag on Wimmer for the 3rd goal, as he was still mildly shocked when the doors fell off his fucking car.
He would be well at home in the early rounds of the Ropey League as UEFA go round the pubs on the day of the game asking if anyone fancies Reffing a game tonight.
Best part of the night was when he said to Poch, you're off, only for Poch to reply in Spanish 'No, I'mo fucking notto!'
Then again it must be difficult keeping up with play with a red nose and a pair of fucking great shoes.
Cunt.

Pochettino is pleased with the tour of America so far with Manchester City still to play in Nashville.

'We are working a lot to develop our game and improve and learn,' he added.

'Our objective is to try next season to try to fight for everything we are going to play. During that period we try to improve the team.

'We'll see in the end what happens but I am so calm, I am happy. I think the team is doing well.

'The most important thing is to get the feeling, to improve every day.'

The ref attempted to send Pochettino off in the second half after confronting the fourth official but the Spurs boss appeared to refuse.

42AFDFF100000578-0-image-a-1_1501045720245.jpg

And it transpired the referee went back on his orders, even enlisting the futile help of a match commander.

'He wanted me to be sent, but I said ''come on that makes no sense because we were talking in Spanish and nobody could understand us',' Pochettino said.

'It was all good I think. It was not a problem. I apologised to him about my behaviour.

'I believe it was a chat that ok, we were talking and started to speak louder.'

1) Appalling ref.
2) Thought key players like Kane and Alli looked a yard short, which is understandable
3) Wimmer was poor
4) CCV was poor, doesn't look 1st team standard (not just from these 2 games either)
5) Onamah was his usual tidy-tidy-mistake that we saw in his 1st team games last season, he may need a loan
6) KWP isn't a left back. Not sure he's good enough Trippier back up at the minute either. Again, may need a loan
7) Georgiou was a pleasant surprise, maybe some early League Cup games for him.
8) Anyone who thinks we don't need to strengthen the squad with real quality is high

Roma were better than I expected. It was a very good game for a pre-season friendly, high tempo and pretty physical. Shame we couldn't come out with a draw. They owned the first half and we owned the second half so a draw would have been fair.
It showed how important Dembele and Eriksen are to the team, when they were on the pitch together we were completely in control, but when only one of them is there we lose a lot.
I would be in the group of people that Georgiou surprised. Never heard of him, but he did more in 45 minutes than I have seen either N'Koudou or Onomah do in all the time they have been with the first team, and he was up against the first choice Roma right back all the time.
I don't know if the problem in the first half was a back 3, or a back 3 with CCV in it. Anyway it didn't work, and we looked much better with a back 4.
I think the subs cost us the second goal. The pass Alderweirald wanted to make was not on because Dembele was gone, and the new pair were sorting out who was going to play where.
If Rose, Lamela and Son are fit we are in very decent shape, but I think all these games confirm what we already know ... the squad is still a bit light.
We can definitely upgrade on Wimmer and N'Koudou ... they were actually a downgrade from Fazio and Chadli.

It was only a friendly & hence the following is a bit irrational, but almost 12 hours later I could still throttle that fucking cunt of a referee. Have never seen a worse performance from a ref in professional football. He's either grossly incompetent, crooked or both.

Not complaining about the result as such- we were very poor in the first half & were perhaps lucky to be still in the game at half time. But when the ref is the main talking point it pisses me off.

Georgiou looks a talent though. Watch this space for him breaking through. Another academy gem imo
The refs first name is Hilario...Which I believe is portuguese for hilarious.
His surname must mean cunt.

They outplayed us first half, but with reflection they didn't really do much. Can't remember Vorm making any saves.
In fact we probably had the better chances.
Ref spoiled the game. Most confusing penalty decision I have ever seen given.
The ref gifted them their first, probably shouldn't have had the last and we created their 2nd goal.
Two errors.
Georgiou was talked about for a while, got a serious injury and was out for 6 month.
Only made his return in May of this year.
So, hopefully he'll push on.
Can play left back when asked too.

Ps it frustrated me too. Could just tell it wasn't to be our night. I was waking the missus up and decided to go to bed after Wimmer cleared it to the only Roma player in the box.
Just one of those nights.

Another decent test.
Played well when we played well.
Played crap when we played crap.
It’s only the second game since May. No need to be worried.

But for some reason I now fancy requesting Uber to go and get me some Heineken! Weird!

Fuck me. The commentary on Premier Sports is so unbelievably negative it's making want to slit me wrists!

Full of praise for Roma while picking holes in us in between comments about our past "failings".

Back
Top Bottom