Mighty Spurs vs AS Roma. Il derby di Totti

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yes blokes like me do, not sure about blokes like you though. We've sold one of our first choice defenders, Rose has been injured for most of 2017 and still not sure when and in what state he is coming back. We basically have two top defenders, and then we are taking huge gambles on kids likes KWP and CCV. Davies, Wimmer and Trippier are decent squad players, unless something dramatically changes. So yes, if we are planning to play 5 at the back, we need to buy defenders.

Ok mate. Take it up with that dozy Argentine who manages us. I can't grant your wishes.

Kane
N'Koudou - Alli - Eriksen
Winks - Wanyama
Davies - Vertonghen - Alderweireld - KWP
Lloris
Wouldn't mind seeing that team. The three behind Kane interchanging, Wanyama sitting and Winks spraying passes to either full back and those in front.

It's a real shame Edwards didn't travel really.

Poor first half that. Not at all sure about CCV or Onomah. KWP looks lost on the left and we are getting opened up far too easily.
Dele has been poor.
That said, shocking penalty decision. Almost laughable really.
We miss Eriksen's creativity & we look a bit devoid of ideas.
Hoping for a much better showing. It may be a friendly but fucking hell, they'd better make it worth my while staying up...

:carrollwtf:

Have we ever seen Onomah playing in his 'preferred position' in the first team? Cause I feel like every time I've seen him he looks like he has no idea what role he is supposed to be playing.

Our system is so reliant on width it seems like a pointless exercise playing KWP on the wrong side.

Haven't got going at all. CCV is not ready and if Poch doesn't trust Wimmer then we must bring someone else in (especially if we want to play 3 at the back).

Nothing going forward. Need Eriksen and GKN to liven it up.

Poor first half that. Not at all sure about CCV or Onomah. KWP looks lost on the left and we are getting opened up far too easily.
Dele has been poor.
That said, shocking penalty decision. Almost laughable really.
We miss Eriksen's creativity & we look a bit devoid of ideas.
Hoping for a much better showing. It may be a friendly but fucking hell, they'd better make it worth my while staying up...

:carrollwtf:
Go to bed you shandy drinking northern southern bastard.

I thought CCV was having a good game though to be fair until the last 5 or so minutes. Calm in possession and showed good strength.

Fuck me, he's slow though.

Luckily, Pochettino isn't going to base much on pre-season except players fitness but my god £40,000,000 for Dier looks like absolute daylight robbery.

Yikes there is a huge Eriksen sized hole out there.

Would like to see this lineup to start the half:

Lloris
Dier-Toby-Wimmer
KWP-Onamah-Wanyama-Davies
Dele-Eriksen
Janssen

Wait, how many subs do we get?

Have we ever seen Onomah playing in his 'preferred position' in the first team? Cause I feel like every time I've seen him he looks like he has no idea what role he is supposed to be playing.
No. He's a CM. His position would be alongside Wanyama or Dier.

Don't really see what good it's doing him keep playing him AM. Just makes him look shit.

Back
Top Bottom