Mighty Spurs vs AS Roma. Il derby di Totti

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ok. All I'm saying is that we're not the same team without Christian. We look disjointed without him.

He adds to our team, of course.

Don't for a second think we'd be fucked if he got injured. We'd simply adapt. I heard all last season that we'd be fucked without Dembele, we'd be fucked without Kane, we'd be fucked without Rose etc. etc. we finished 2nd and broke numerous club records.

Of course, it'd be nice to have someone of Lamela's ilk to come in and replace him if that were to happen

He adds to our team, of course.

Don't for a second think we'd be fucked if he got injured. We'd simply adapt. I heard all last season that we'd be fucked without Dembele, we'd be fucked without Kane, we'd be fucked without Rose etc. etc. we finished 2nd and broke numerous club records.

Of course, it'd be nice to have someone of Lamela's ilk to come in and replace him if that were to happen

But we never had to do without him. I know you don't rate him as highly as I do, but we simply don't play well without him. It's no accident that Poch plays him in every game that matters.

Why? We've had the best defensive record over the past two seasons. Do blokes like you even think before you post?
Yes blokes like me do, not sure about blokes like you though. We've sold one of our first choice defenders, Rose has been injured for most of 2017 and still not sure when and in what state he is coming back. We basically have two top defenders, and then we are taking huge gambles on kids likes KWP and CCV. Davies, Wimmer and Trippier are decent squad players, unless something dramatically changes. So yes, if we are planning to play 5 at the back, we need to buy defenders.

Fuck me. The commentary on Premier Sports is so unbelievably negative it's making want to slit me wrists!

Full of praise for Roma while picking holes in us in between comments about our past "failings".

First half thoughts

- Awful decision for the penalty.
- Kyle Walker-Peters is not a left back at all, but he's been our most active player.
- Dier and Alli have been absolutely horrible.
- Onomah needs to demand the ball more and then do more when he gets it.
- We are really lacking pace.

I'd go back to 4-2-3-1 for the second half. Get Carter-Vickers off, put KWP at right back, get Davies on and put him left back, get Winks on as soon as possible and N'Koudou to show off his pace

Fuck me. The commentary on Premier Sports is so unbelievably negative it's making want to slit me wrists!

Full of praise for Roma while picking holes in us in between comments about our past "failings".

Thats what i'm watching. They don't like us much. Assuming they've been watching how Sky/BT do it.

We have nothing going forward, need Christian on at half time really, maybe even GKN to run at them a bit

I think the main problem we have is we're playing 5 at the back and rely on width from our full backs. But one of them is a RB playing at LB and he's not provided any real width because he's right footed and will always cut in onto his strong foot. Think KWP has done fine on the whole but it's all very narrow and we don't have a player like Eriksen with a bit of guile to pick apart a tight game.

Back
Top Bottom