Media Bias

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So he acknowledges it’s his ‘mild opinion’ and no basis of real fact! Spoken like a true Goon. Perhaps he should write an opinion piece about how Theo Walnutt is still young, talented and yet to reach his peak... :kanehand:

He did get it in the neck though, which was nice. Not into the majority of twitter rants from fans, including our own, as they usually make themselves look like tits, but got to say it was enjoyable reading his timeline. Cunt.

Here's summit that's been bugging me for a while...
The Mark Lawrensen 'predictor' thing on the BBC (and no, this isnt about him putting Liverpool top each season)
...but more to do with the guests... they're ALWAYS Gooners!!

Every week it seems they wheel another one out to display their over inflated self-importance by gracing us with their 'informed' opinion of how ArseAnal will win, and at the same time either totally slate Spurs, or 'begrudgingly' accept we might win once in a while!
It sets up a 'tone' that is then repeated week after week.. .

I thought I was imagining it... but just check out the last few weeks (including today)

Now whether this is 'cos they only seek out Gooners, or that the ONLY Celebs willing to take part all happen to be gooners, I dunno... but last season was just as bad... they're EVERYWHERE!

It definitely needs re-balancing... and NOT just with Celeb YIDS either.... there are another 91 clubs to choose from, and yet the BBC somehow always select from ONE gene pool!!
I'm glad I wasn't just imagining it...
Here's THIS weeks' begrugding unbiased views! Even when they can't avoid the awful truth that Spurs might be any good... they STILL can't help themselves...

Premier League predictions: Lawro v Foo Fighters guitarist Chris Shiflett

FFS... the BBC are obsessed with Celebrity Gooners!
It's like no one else on tv or in the music industry is allowed to support anyone else!

Next Week: Piers Morgan, Alan Davies & Johnny Rotten lend their expert opinion!

How on God earth are Tottenham less likely to make the cl 16 then Liverpool. What fucking computer can generate this obvious horse shit and why is London's evening standard giving this pish credence. It's a Thursday surely this is a day to be concentrating on the Woolwich.

Spurs least likely Premier League to reach Champions League last-16
Considering how easy Liverpool's group is I don't think it's unfair to say that they stand a slightly better chance than us of making the last 16. What I do find quite interesting are the chances of 1st and 2nd place finishes - as things stand, we are 60% likely to finish second and 22% likely to finish first. Looking at the bigger picture, there are already strong favourites in place to finish first in 7 of the 8 groups - these are Barca, Real, PSG, City, Utd, Chelsea and Sevilla. Group G (Monaco, Porto, Leipzig, Besiktas) is the only one that's still wide open.

So what? Well, it means that if everything pans out the way that it looks like panning out, and we finish second, there are only a handful of teams we could draw in the last 16... i.e. Barca, PSG, Sevilla or the Group G winner (as we can't draw an English team or Real). That could be a very, very nervous draw for us.

Considering how easy Liverpool's group is I don't think it's unfair to say that they stand a slightly better chance than us of making the last 16. What I do find quite interesting are the chances of 1st and 2nd place finishes - as things stand, we are 60% likely to finish second and 22% likely to finish first. Looking at the bigger picture, there are already strong favourites in place to finish first in 7 of the 8 groups - these are Barca, Real, PSG, City, Utd, Chelsea and Sevilla. Group G (Monaco, Porto, Leipzig, Besiktas) is the only one that's still wide open.

So what? Well, it means that if everything pans out the way that it looks like panning out, and we finish second, there are only a handful of teams we could draw in the last 16... i.e. Barca, PSG, Sevilla or the Group G winner (as we can't draw an English team or Real). That could be a very, very nervous draw for us.

were going to win the group
:tobyarm:

Another more positive article
'Balague believes Chelsea and Manchester City have the look of semi-finalists about them, and Spurs cannot be discounted. He adds the mix of money, high-profile coaches and quality of players means focus is turning more towards the Premier League.

"I believe Chelsea and Manchester City have got the look of semi-finalists if the draw is kind to them," he said. "Spurs will make life very difficult to everyone and could also reach the last stages. United showed against Real Madrid that they are not at that level yet, and Liverpool are not either'.

Premier League clubs could dominate Europe in coming years, says Guillem Balague

Hilariously, i've just seen someone who probably barely knows anything about football (yes, it's from HITC) basically say that Kane isn't as good as Cavani or Lewandowski because they play for 'bigger' clubs. That's it. Some rigorous scientific shit there. :townhmm::dembelelol:

Here's summit that's been bugging me for a while...
The Mark Lawrensen 'predictor' thing on the BBC (and no, this isnt about him putting Liverpool top each season)
...but more to do with the guests... they're ALWAYS Gooners!!

Every week it seems they wheel another one out to display their over inflated self-importance by gracing us with their 'informed' opinion of how ArseAnal will win, and at the same time either totally slate Spurs, or 'begrudgingly' accept we might win once in a while!
It sets up a 'tone' that is then repeated week after week.. .

I thought I was imagining it... but just check out the last few weeks (including today)

Now whether this is 'cos they only seek out Gooners, or that the ONLY Celebs willing to take part all happen to be gooners, I dunno... but last season was just as bad... they're EVERYWHERE!

It definitely needs re-balancing... and NOT just with Celeb YIDS either.... there are another 91 clubs to choose from, and yet the BBC somehow always select from ONE gene pool!!
I thought exactly the same thing yesterday when that Foo Fighters bloke started talking about supporting Woolwich. Was going to go back and count, but then couldn't be arsed.

Those to fat cunts talking such shit! One of them (the Everton fan) compared us to Everton! Fuck off. Also, I just don't understand why man united or Chelsea are any more likely to win the league than we are? It's insane! Harry's got as good chance of winning stuff with us as anyone! So bizarre. Why are the media so desperate to see kane at united? Is kane dreaming of a league cup medal that only united could provide...

Fuck off. Sick of it

He might eventually leave, but there's no way in hell that he'll want to miss the first season in our new stadium. It's just not going to happen.

Agreed.

Primed to be our new captain in a few years too. I think if we continue to win fuck all, he will leave but I don't see that until 5 or so years.

I've heard both Pogba and Lukaku described as a bargain this season, Pogba done fuck all last season and played 2 or 3 good games this season , Lukaku is doing well but hasn't been in against live opposition in a Man U shirt yet how any 90 million pound player can be described as a bargain is hilarious especially when the same pundits are having a pop at Everton for expensive flops !

I've heard both Pogba and Lukaku described as a bargain this season, Pogba done fuck all last season and played 2 or 3 good games this season , Lukaku is doing well but hasn't been in against live opposition in a Man U shirt yet how any 90 million pound player can be described as a bargain is hilarious especially when the same pundits are having a pop at Everton for expensive flops !

Pogba’s £90m fee now made to look average in the world where Neymar cost over double and Coutinho is worth £100m+. Of course those Utd fans will be deluded in thinking he was a bargain.

Still he was the most expensive player for one season, not bad for a average midfielder and world class dabber.

Back
Top Bottom