Media Bias

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Possession stats, along with pass accuracy are 2 of the most useless and potentially misleading ways to rate a performance.
Agreed. You only have to look at our FA SF against Chelsea (we had 63% possession and lost 4-2) and our first CL game against Dortmund (we had 32% and won 3-1) to see those stats are flawed.

My point was that the BBC routinely leave us out. In this case, why not show us, the 3rd-ranked British team and joint 15th-ranked team in Europe, instead of Woolwich, who are joint 83rd?

Last edited:
TalkSport now with Durham..........We are back to being a one man team now. We aren't a top four side with him out the side.

*Switches off, goes for a run*
I KNOW he only does it for listeners... and in truth he's a sad little cunt who goes home alone, to an 'inflatable' Mrs Durham, and wanks over a laminated photo of his Mum and Uncle/Dad 'doing it'... but seriously, what an empty, utter ratings obsessed whore he really is!

Goughy countered and backed up why we aren’t a one man team, but was funny lisetening to bitter gooners/chavs try to tell them why he wasn’t world class.

At least Durham and Goughy were in agreement that there is no striker on the planet better than him at present.

I KNOW he only does it for listeners... and in truth he's a sad little cunt who goes home alone, to an 'inflatable' Mrs Durham, and wanks over a laminated photo of his Mum and Uncle/Dad 'doing it'... but seriously, what an empty, utter ratings obsessed whore he really is!

I reckon it's actually an inflatable Jim White and he definitely cries when he comes.

AD.jpg

Man Utd, City, or Chelsea might be able to win the champions league. All due respect to Liverpool, i don't think they can do it.

Erm, hand up. You've forgotten something?

I actually don't understand why people are complaining about this. Being under the radar is good! There's less pressure on us going in as underdogs. And let's be honest, we are the new kids on the block considering the Champions League history over the past 10 years, so it's ok to be played down. Let's just do our work and not care about what the media pundits say.

Absolutely 100% no, and I find your position odd. You are watching what is probably the best team Spurs have fielded in your life time and yet you feel failure is on the horizon! (sorry for pre-judging your age). Where have you been the past 30 years, what team have you been following? Also, find it odd that you don't even smell a sniff of getting to another final, since Poch has been with us he has taken us to a Final and a Semi-Final in two of his three years. You sound so impatient, so desperate and lacking in faith, almost as though the past three years haven't happened. (apologise if I've got this wrong, but it's the vibe you are giving off).

This is the best Spurs side since 61-62!

We’ve flattered to deceive a few times such a early 80s but now we’re the real deal and I love it!!

:tobyarm:

Plus he always sounds he has a mouthful of saliva... should spit it out before appearing on tv... I imagine the other pundits have to wear rain-macs and bring umbrellas whenever they share a studio with him!

He’s like the old Benny Hill character

“The Halitosis Kid”

Used to empty the saloon bar just by breathing!

:angryscouser:

This is the best Spurs side since 61-62!

We’ve flattered to deceive a few times such a early 80s but now we’re the real deal and I love it!!

:tobyarm:
I still put the early 80's side above this one, because they won some pots.

There are no doubt a bunch of arguments to be had over teams like Citeh & Chavs having petro-billions pumped in and also the resurgence of Utd under Fergie all conspiring to make a perfect storm of competition but that's the way the cookie crumbles. I'm absolutely not in the camp of "we must win something or else" camp, but despite arguably being a better equipped squad and therefore more consistent than we have been, including the 80"s sides, this team can only be truly labelled better than them if it were to win a pot(s), obviously a League Title would confirm it's status as best if that were achieved.

Back
Top Bottom