Media Bias

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I fucking hate Carragher.

Never stops going on about being a one club man, but happily advocates others must move for money "to improve"

A case study about why I personally hate Liverpool and scousers as much as any club on the planet.
Plus he always sounds he has a mouthful of saliva... should spit it out before appearing on tv... I imagine the other pundits have to wear rain-macs and bring umbrellas whenever they share a studio with him!

Last edited:
Basically it's Top 'x'

x = n - Spurs
Unfortunately, the ONLY way we can stop all this underestimating/dismissing us, is to WIN THE LEAGUE!

...and the REASON the Press can pile all the pressure on is BECAUSE they know it's unlikely we WILL just go out and win it... no matter how close we come in each of the past two seasons.

It's easy for them to say Spurs MUST win the league to truly establish themselves as one of the big Clubs... no we don't, Liverpool and ArseAnal haven't won it for years, and yet THEY always feature in the 'Sky Top 4/5 Mix' graphics....

We aren't given the credit because we've been tagged as 'bottlers'... and until we can shove that down their throats by winning the league, it's an easy - and Lazy - brush to daub us with!

The media have us where they want us now... after several years now of "Tight-fisted Chairman/Everyone has to leave each Summer to win trophies, 'cos we're Perrenial bottlers" narrative they've created for us, the media are in an unfair/totally self-manufactured position to say; "Go on then, win the League and we'll all shut up and go away" ...but as we all know, that's far easier said that done!

No other team has to put up with constant excuses to give them grief.

First off we wouldn't get top 4 and so our players would leave to get champions league football. Try to sell off our best to Utd or Madrid and are successful for a few years.

Then we got top 4, which suddenly became top 6 because you can't leave out pool and Utd can you? Now our players will leave if we don't pay them the sort of wages that everyone knows we can't afford.

We challenge for the title for 2 years running, but don't win anything. Hmm, we've kept our best players despite their best efforts to sell them, what else can we destabalise them with? Oh yeah, they have to win a trophy or players will leave!

Just as an insurance policy, they've also started with you can only prove you're world class by moving to Madrid!

By their own metric they should be discussing any players of the other top teams that they consider 'world class' in terms of having to prove it by moving to Madrid...won't happen.

If we win a cup this year, next year they'll say we need to win something bigger. If we win the league this year, next year they'll say we need to win the champions league. Win that and they'll say we need to defend our title.

Face it, we're not ever going to satisfy the cunts that make up the football media.

No other team has to put up with constant excuses to give them grief.

First off we wouldn't get top 4 and so our players would leave to get champions league football. Try to sell off our best to Utd or Madrid and are successful for a few years.

Then we got top 4, which suddenly became top 6 because you can't leave out pool and Utd can you? Now our players will leave if we don't pay them the sort of wages that everyone knows we can't afford.

We challenge for the title for 2 years running, but don't win anything. Hmm, we've kept our best players despite their best efforts to sell them, what else can we destabalise them with? Oh yeah, they have to win a trophy or players will leave!

Just as an insurance policy, they've also started with you can only prove you're world class by moving to Madrid!

By their own metric they should be discussing any players of the other top teams that they consider 'world class' in terms of having to prove it by moving to Madrid...won't happen.

If we win a cup this year, next year they'll say we need to win something bigger. If we win the league this year, next year they'll say we need to win the champions league. Win that and they'll say we need to defend our title.

Face it, we're not ever going to satisfy the cunts that make up the football media.
Not within the next 10-15 year at least. When hopefully a few of the kids that are Tottenham fans now grow up to be sports journalists.

So here's a sentence that, whilst doesn't exactly prove any media bias for or against, CERTAINLY highlights their stupidity and general lack of understanding of the game.

See if you can work it out:
(From the BBC match report this morning)

Spurs ripped West Ham to shreds in a matter of minutes and there was nothing the Hammers could do about it. In fact it might have been 4-0 if Kane's free-kick hadn't hit the post.

:kanehand::eriksenlol:

No it wouldn't... it would have STILL been 3-0, as Eriksen wouldn't have had the chance to score!!!!
:vertna:

Honesty... sometimes I think the Football media just say words, and hope SOME OF THEM MAKE SENSE!

So here's a sentence that, whilst doesn't exactly prove any media bias for or against, CERTAINLY highlights their stupidity and general lack of understanding of the game.

Spurs ripped West Ham to shreds in a matter of minutes and there was nothing the Hammers could do about it. In fact it might have been 4-0 if Kane's free-kick hadn't hit the post.

No it wouldn't... it would have STILL been 3-0, as Eriksen wouldn't have had the chance to score!!!!

Honesty... sometimes I think the Football media just say words, and hope SOME OF THEM MAKE SENSE!

when I used to go to whl regularly I had the opportunity to read the daily fail match day reports the next day, sometimes i wondered if the journalist had even turned up for the game or was just reporting from a highlights video, or even from a 2nd hand account from somebody else.

Kane hit the post twice, they've mixed up the 2 shots. He hit the far post at 2-0 with the free kick and the near post at 3-0 from about 10 yards with a left footer. Corner given so keeper possibly got a touch.

Kane hit the post twice, they've mixed up the 2 shots. He hit the far post at 2-0 with the free kick and the near post at 3-0 from about 10 yards with a left footer. Corner given so keeper possibly got a touch.
Yeah, but Hart DID have that covered... had the shot been on target, his leg was in the way... but yes, I guess tye fact is they've referred to the wrong post-hitting moment!

Anyway, I wanted to prove a point that all football media are merely inept, Spurs hating imbeciles!

Are Man City, Man Utd and Chelsea now a Premier League 'top three'?

Laughable, Man United that top 3 side that haven't been in the top three in for four years.

HILARIOUS! Look at this quote from the article...
People pride themselves on the fact that anybody can beat anybody in the Premier League but I don't think that's true at this moment (...) Chelsea went to Stoke, which is a notoriously difficult place to go, and just won 4-0 having made big changes. That is a sign that there is a division of quality at the top between them and the rest.
Chelsea winning 4-0 at Stoke "is a sign that there is a division of quality at the top", eh?
Remember our game at Stoke last year? Yep, 4-0. 6-1 at Leicester. 7-1 at Hull. Undefeated at WHL.

But last year it was top six, wasn't it? Fucking BS artists.

Not to forget this beauty:

"If we want to see English clubs do well in the Champions League we need some of them to step up," he commented. "The two Manchester clubs and Chelsea are doing that under top-level management."

Ah yes, the crushing victories against top sides like Basel, Qarabag and Feyenoord really prove that.

3-1 against Dortmund, however..... :pocheyes:

I watched the Sky Sunday Supplement show yesterday and they regurgitated the whole 'how long can we hang on to Kane' drivel, then they all agreed Alli was off because he changed agents, then they moaned about clubs lying and disseminating fake news during the transfer window for political purposes, lol. All this from bullshitting red-top hacks.

Article says "People pride themselves on the fact that anybody can beat anybody in the Premier League but I don't think that's true at this moment"

How did Chelsea get on at home to Burnley?

It's a fucking comedy sketch! They even start the article out by mentioning that defeat.

Chelsea are three points behind, having recovered well from their defeat to Burnley on the opening day
People pride themselves on the fact that anybody can beat anybody in the Premier League but I don't think that's true at this moment
:leaveityeah:

A BBC article today about Celtic having the highest % possession stats in Europe so far this season references an analysis conducted by the CIES Football Observatory.

The article compares Celtic's stats to a selection of other clubs:

...the highest overall figure was recorded by Celtic - 70.8%.

That's more than Guardiola's current club Manchester City, and his former, Barcelona. It's higher than Woolwich, where Arsene Wenger has had 21 years to perfect his art, and Ajax - a club renowned for its history of principled possession play.

During the study period, Celtic completed 659 passes per match compared to an average of 196 for their opponents.

And the Glasgow club are joined on the list by some surprising fellow British sides. Brentfod, who are currently 20th in the Championship, also make the possession table - even if they are 81st with 56%.

Championship club Reading are 38th (59.4%) - above Porto, Roma and Marseille - while Scottish Premier League outfit, Aberdeen, are 45th (58.6%).

Another Scottish side, Hibernian (56.2%), are joint 73rd alongside Inter Milan, while Rangers are 87th (55.6%).

They also provide this handy little graphic with the caption:

How Celtic's possession stats compare to other big European clubs (emphasis mine)

_98022497_rod.png

No mention of us in the article; no mention in the graphic. You'd be forgiven for thinking we were way down the list but, in fact, we're the third British club on the list (joint 15th overall) after Celtic and Man City with 63%.

But that would just ruin the graphic, wouldn't it - can't be showing li'l' ol' Spurs above Real Madrid!

I think as long as we keep laughing at this agenda, or whatever it is, the more it will Piss them off. It really is so blatantly obvious that we are the unwelcome upstarts who have rocked up as regular top 5. Embrace it. The media are embarrassing themselves in their efforts to sweep us under the carpet. Long may they continue to look like idiots.

Back
Top Bottom