Media Bias

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Anyone seen the bloody ESPN post match reaction?? It is absolutely deplorable, apparently City 'dominated' us, they didn't give us a shred of credit. Absolute wankers

Unfortunately they did dominate us (they scored four times!).

We were hanging on for large chunks of the game.

I think this 'media bias' against us is overdone. (Rather like certain officials being biased against us). Every other fan forum is the same. Who cares! We won last night thanks to VAR, a solid defensive performance and Son.

Agreed all clubs get bad decisions against them and we are no different in that regard however you can hear the disappointment when we score/win. Remember the 4-3 at Spam when Paul Stalteri gets the winner the fucking commentator says 'oh no'.

I don't see how accepting that we were 'dominated' is the right pill to swallow. This is a two legged tie, the impression which is given is that we rode our luck. I don't agree with this one bit, over the two legs we matched them and fought them goal for goal, that ESPN coverage pissed me off. I only watched it because I was desperate to listen to more reaction after the match, the pundits on ESPN gave the impression we did not deserve to go through, and I take huge issue with that.

We're currently at stage 3.
:pochsmirk:

headlineImg.jpg

That’s beautiful.. Wouldn’t want that pathetic sack of shit supporting us.. his face at the end is an absolute picture.. Massive, massive Cunt.
His face is like all the body fat has been sucked up there. Blokes got toothpicks for legs, a pot belly and a football shaped head. He's a fucking mr potato head.

Theres a reason hes only on radio.

The media have shown their colours with this result, we already knew they were biased anyway but the fence sitters can't even deny it now.

That ESPN coverage was awful, all these pundits wanted a Liverpool V City final.

I am kind of gutted we have Ajax in the semi because that would have made a great final, two underdogs battling it out.

In what world would you say we didn't ride our luck? What planet are some fans on when they can't see a game without a massive bias. We had two VAR decisions go our way, 1 of which was obviously correct, the other was a 50/50 toss up with which way it would be. We had a penalty save, we probably were lucky to have rose even on the pitch before he was subbed. Yes we were depleted which makes it even more special, but yes, of course we rode our luck.
Penalty saves are part of the game, ie; a penalty isn’t a guaranteed goal. Rose sent off? Let’s try Ferandinho first leg? The 50/50 VAR I assume Llorente? Would anyone put their mortgage on a hand ball even now? Not me!!
By the letter of “the law” we won that tie fair and square!!
Ps: if VAR was in place today City’s title was all but over, so yes there is basis, but it ain’t towards Spurs that’s for sure!!

Back
Top Bottom