Media Bias

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Anyone seen the bloody ESPN post match reaction?? It is absolutely deplorable, apparently City 'dominated' us, they didn't give us a shred of credit. Absolute wankers

'Expert' Craig Burley when asked who would go through out of us and Man City said City before the guy had even finished asking him the question. When probed for a why he just said they have better players let's move along.

How the hell do these turnips get jobs in the media? No insight, no areas of danger for either team, no analysis it was literally like listening to an old boy up my local social club battered on John Smiths talking bollocks. They said Spurs rode their luck? Fuck off we had no Kane, no Winks, no Dier, No Sissoko for most of the game, Dele & Eriksen are out of form and we scored three fucking goals up there. I think he said we were lucky with the last goal Sterling scored. How's that Craig? The prick was offside!!! Jokers!

To think Jason candy even played for us

In other news, at the precise moment VAR (and reality) kicks in, amazingly Jason Cunty morphs into David Walliams, at the same time Andy Goldstein morphs into Ricky Gervais: "look at his little face!"

double look-a-like in one if ever I saw it!!

It's probably just me but on all the clips I've seen or heard from yesterday, be they from tv or radio, the commentators and co-commentators all seem devastated that Stirling's goal was ruled out.

I dunno who was in to assist on Talk Sport's coverage bit he must have been a Citeh guy as he couldn't hide the sound of his heart breaking.

It's probably just me but on all the clips I've seen or heard from yesterday, be they from tv or radio, the commentators and co-commentators all seem devastated that Stirling's goal was ruled out.
Many of them were already creaming over a Pep's City v Barca final, somehow that was the ultimate final every football fan should've hoped for this season. :dembelefingers:

We will never get the credit because they have replaced the 5 traditional English giants of us, woolwich, man united, liverpool and everton with their sky four and they don't like it upset. The bias is getting worse i must say. Fuck them all.

I dunno who was in to assist on Talk Sport's coverage bit he must have been a Citeh guy as he couldn't hide the sound of his heart breaking.

I quite liked Jenas on BT with his understated, slightly bewildered 'Oh my god'

For all the conspiracy theorists out there. BBC sport main page has zero mention of liverpool even qualifying, but two articles on our win and how it isn't to be forgotten. Sorry to burst your bubble.

'Expert' Craig Burley when asked who would go through out of us and Man City said City before the guy had even finished asking him the question. When probed for a why he just said they have better players let's move along.

How the hell do these turnips get jobs in the media? No insight, no areas of danger for either team, no analysis it was literally like listening to an old boy up my local social club battered on John Smiths talking bollocks. They said Spurs rode their luck? Fuck off we had no Kane, no Winks, no Dier, No Sissoko for most of the game, Dele & Eriksen are out of form and we scored three fucking goals up there. I think he said we were lucky with the last goal Sterling scored. How's that Craig? The prick was offside!!! Jokers!

In what world would you say we didn't ride our luck? What planet are some fans on when they can't see a game without a massive bias. We had two VAR decisions go our way, 1 of which was obviously correct, the other was a 50/50 toss up with which way it would be. We had a penalty save, we probably were lucky to have rose even on the pitch before he was subbed. Yes we were depleted which makes it even more special, but yes, of course we rode our luck.

In what world would you say we didn't ride our luck? What planet are some fans on when they can't see a game without a massive bias. We had two VAR decisions go our way, 1 of which was obviously correct, the other was a 50/50 toss up with which way it would be. We had a penalty save, we probably were lucky to have rose even on the pitch before he was subbed. Yes we were depleted which makes it even more special, but yes, of course we rode our luck.

What I'm saying is we had a first XI with a lot of its guts ripped out. No Kane, no Winks, Sissoko got pulled after 30 mins, Dele had a broken arm or whatever he's done to himself, no Dier which I don't regard as being lucky at all.

What I do know is Fernandinho should have got sent off in the first game and they should have been down to 10 men for a large part of that match. We were going to have to weather the storm but we scored 4 goals against them across two legs, I think that's a wonderful achievement with so little to select from. Either way it's such a big victory, I'm glad we have seen the club celebrate it for what it is. Semi finals of the Champions League pal, what a moment that is

I quite liked Jenas on BT with his understated, slightly bewildered 'Oh my god'

For all his we this and we that, he didn't exactly have a positive reaction when the goal was disallowed..... Just went quiet and said "I can't believe that".......

If you were to contrast that with every Other Spurs fan throughout the world I'd say it was a bit underwhelmed and almost to the point of disappointment?

Have no idea why

What I'm saying is we had a first XI with a lot of its guts ripped out. No Kane, no Winks, Sissoko got pulled after 30 mins, Dele had a broken arm or whatever he's done to himself, no Dier which I don't regard as being lucky at all.

What I do know is Fernandinho should have got sent off in the first game and they should have been down to 10 men for a large part of that match. We were going to have to weather the storm but we scored 4 goals against them across two legs, I think that's a wonderful achievement with so little to select from. Either way it's such a big victory, I'm glad we have seen the club celebrate it for what it is. Semi finals of the Champions League pal, what a moment that is
If Fernandinho was sent off in the first leg deservedly, we'd probably be up by 2-3 goals instead of just 1. Any luck that we received with Llorente's arm goal, it just made things fair. If anything City were lucky to have not conceded more in the first leg.

Anyone seen the bloody ESPN post match reaction?? It is absolutely deplorable, apparently City 'dominated' us, they didn't give us a shred of credit. Absolute wankers

City did dominate play on the night, but they were sloppy at the back, Son was ruthlessly clinical in front of goal, and they didn't do enough over the two legs to advance. We don't have a goddamn thing to apologize for.

I never quite understand this thread. Let them say what they want, we're dining at the big table.

For all his we this and we that, he didn't exactly have a positive reaction when the goal was disallowed..... Just went quiet and said "I can't believe that".......

If you were to contrast that with every Other Spurs fan throughout the world I'd say it was a bit underwhelmed and almost to the point of disappointment?

Have no idea why
To be fair, I thought Jenas was a bit negative throughout the commentary. He seems to blow hot and cold with us at times.
Glenn Hoddle made up for it in the studio though. You could see he was buzzing.

Think I’m coming down gently off my cloud

My 18 year old son who was literally on the floor when we were 4-2 down he couldn’t speak I’m sure he was in tears speaking over the phone I said we’d score one more stick with it. We did only to concede (not concede) at the death match over I called him his phone rang and rang finally spoke to him after about an hour he sounded exhausted, said he needed some fresh air and now wanted to sleep. Odd he’s not a disgraceful drunken lout like his old man.
Fast forward to earlier today he phoned me at work speaking at a hundred words a minute all excited, saying how it all just sunk in and then he said Thanks.
Thanks for what I thought did the thieving toe rag of a child abscond with my credit card??
No thank you dad for making him a Spurs supporter, taking him to the Lane when he was 2 years old to see us lose 3 nil to Fulham, covering his mouth from celebrating whilst sitting in the Holte End, taking the piss out Chelsea Madrid Milan etc etc. Because he seen the greatest game of his life and his team was involved and won.
Now I’m all emotional (I know it’s the come down from my excesses last night)

Good things comes to those who wait. I haven’t done a jot of work today fuckem I’m still celebrating

Silva's goal was a moronic dribbling deflection, Aguero"s was an error from Loris (beaten at near post), and Sterling's disallowed goal was another woeful swinger on his left foot that barely hobbled over the line. 9 times out of 10 They don't go in. They were all classic spursy in there own way and without them the match would never have been as close as it was.

Back
Top Bottom