McGinn to the Lane?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

First post on here. I watch Heart of Midlothian every week up in Scotland and John McGinn is nothing special. Teams in England should raid the SPFL more often as they can get good deals for players who are better than over hyped English talents. Spurs should stay well clear of McGinn as he is the 3rd best midfielder just at Hibs (behind Dylan McGeouch and Scott Allan who is on loan from Celtic) let alone Scotland. The only player who plays in Scotland who could actually do a job for Spurs would be Kieran Tierney of Celtic. He would be an unbelievable signing.
Watch out, some people on here have a special thing for McGinn :levylol:

Tierney has already been highly rated on here I remember, looks a real menace on his flank!

First post on here. I watch Heart of Midlothian every week up in Scotland and John McGinn is nothing special. Teams in England should raid the SPFL more often as they can get good deals for players who are better than over hyped English talents. Spurs should stay well clear of McGinn as he is the 3rd best midfielder just at Hibs (behind Dylan McGeouch and Scott Allan who is on loan from Celtic) let alone Scotland. The only player who plays in Scotland who could actually do a job for Spurs would be Kieran Tierney of Celtic. He would be an unbelievable signing.
you're gonna get shanked by the sausage.

Watch out, some people on here have a special thing for McGinn :levylol:

Tierney has already been highly rated on here I remember, looks a real menace on his flank!

Yeah Tierney is an excellent player. Great attacking wise and can defend really well. I think he'd be a really good signing for Spurs this summer and won't cost as much as he should due to him being Scottish.

Yeah Tierney is an excellent player. Great attacking wise and can defend really well. I think he'd be a really good signing for Spurs this summer and won't cost as much as he should due to him being Scottish.

A slightly worse Ben Davies, gets ripped to pieces by good players, something there are none of in Scotland.

Surprised you aren't saying Cochrane would be a good development option for Spurs

A slightly worse Ben Davies, gets ripped to pieces by good players, something there are none of in Scotland.

Surprised you aren't saying Cochrane would be a good development option for Spurs

That’s bollocks i’m afraid. I really like Ben Davies and feel that he has improved massively under Pochettino especially this season, but Tierney is in a different league- there’s a reason why the likes of Man Utd, Bayern and Atletico have been scouting him. When has Tierney been ripped apart? Handled Robben and Mbappe seriously well and would 100% be an upgrade on Davies and Rose. Also note Cochrane is a superb talent and should stay at Hearts for many more seasons before going down south.

That’s bollocks i’m afraid. I really like Ben Davies and feel that he has improved massively under Pochettino especially this season, but Tierney is in a different league- there’s a reason why the likes of Man Utd, Bayern and Atletico have been scouting him. When has Tierney been ripped apart? Handled Robben and Mbappe seriously well and would 100% be an upgrade on Davies and Rose. Also note Cochrane is a superb talent and should stay at Hearts for many more seasons before going down south.

There's also a reason those clubs have scouted but not bought him....

Watch heart of Midlothian every week!.....:hugoshock::avbdamn::avbhumph::avbshit::avbfacepalm:

Tierney would be a great signing for us. Your opinion of McGinn is obviously tainted by your Jambo prejudice, but that's only natural.

Staying at Hearts is the last thing Cochrane should do.

Talented young players should get the fuck out of Scotland before our game knocks the talent out of them. Barry Ferguson was such an exciting talent as a youngster that Rangers let Gattuso go to leave space for Ferguson. Before long Ferguson had gone from box to box dynamo to a fucken holding mid crab. Meanwhile, in Milan, Rino is setting the heather on fire. They dinnae even have fucken heather in Italy, ya cunt that's a take o two cities for ye. Cochrane needs Tae get Tae fuck pronto.

Tierney would be a great signing for us. Your opinion of McGinn is obviously tainted by your Jambo prejudice, but that's only natural.

Perhaps a slight bit of bias but I try to be as open minded as possible. I have a lot of Hibs mates who say that while McGinn has great physical attributes he is not actually that great a footballer and is the weakest in comparison with McGeouch and Allan. He'd be a decent signing for promotion chasing championship team or maybe even a relegation threatened premier league team - therefore should be nowhere near Spurs' team.

Staying at Hearts is the last thing Cochrane should do.

Talented young players should get the fuck out of Scotland before our game knocks the talent out of them. Barry Ferguson was such an exciting talent as a youngster that Rangers let Gattuso go to leave space for Ferguson. Before long Ferguson had gone from box to box dynamo to a fucken holding mid crab. Meanwhile, in Milan, Rino is setting the heather on fire. They dinnae even have fucken heather in Italy, ya cunt that's a take o two cities for ye. Cochrane needs Tae get Tae fuck pronto.

Cochrane not ready to leave Hearts yet and leaving soon would be a massive mistake. He has only just turned 17 and is getting a lot of first team minutes under his belt which he would not get at another club who are an upgrade on Hearts. He should play around 150-200 games for Hearts before deciding where to go next. He's not physically ready to leave yet - unlike a recent example of Callum Paterson, who is now playing for Cardiff. He is a monster.

McGinn is the long term successor to Scott Brown, he plays like a young Scott Brown and still hasn't reached his ceiling, although his ceiling will never be top six EPL. Rodgers will be good for McGinn.

Cochrane is a prodigious talent, similar to Billy Gilmore at Chavski, he would benefit more from a couple of seasons working hard on his game and building up physically rather than being stuck in with the hoofers of the SPFL. You know if Cochrane annoys the wrong person he'll get blootered by some animal.

Back
Top Bottom