Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Lol, acting like in the past playing down Pochettino's role in our success (and bigging up his role in our deficiencies) hasn't been #2 on the priority list..

Coolio.

Playing down his role?

Stop lying.

Virtually every time I post anything negative about him it comes with a caveat recognising that he did a good job.

Have I criticised his role in recruitment and some of his squad management? Yes.

Playing down his role?

Stop lying.

Virtually every time I post anything negative about him it comes with a caveat recognising that he did a good job.

Have I criticised his role in recruitment and some of his squad management? Yes.

Have a kiss back xxxx

Disproportionately criticised him in relation to criticism of the owners and then caveated it with 'yeah but I do like him'.

Of course we were frustrated.

We had managed to muster up 25 points from a possible 72 in his final 24 games in charge. We found ourselves 14th in the league with a third of the season gone and the football was mediocre.

Woolwich had a shocking 5 months at the start of the 20/21 season before Arteta grew some balls and decided to fuck off certain players and it's been pretty much an upward curve for them since. But he was likely given that leeway because of the FA Cup win.

It's looking more and more that Woolwich are an outlier in the situation though. I can't think of many clubs at all, certainly not one the size of Woolwich that would have stuck by the manager after that 5 months they had at the beginning of the 2020/21 season. Certainly one as inexperienced as him.

Even then though, they still looked like they had a plan with the way they played football. We looked all over the place during Pochs final 9 months.
One thing they can’t be overlooked about Arteta’s struggles is that they largely happened with no fans in the stadium. It would have been way more toxic if he’d been doing that badly with fans there. I think he’d have been sacked during that run under normal circumstances.

Pochettino will be up against from the get go because of his connection with us add the fact he was more than willing to come back won’t have helped him things don’t go right very quickly they will turn on him and if he was to get a very friendly welcome form us both and home & away that will irk no end.

No really gonna blame him personally for that chelsea move, but it should more or less shut the door for him. At least for the next decade he shouldn't be even considered a candidate here for the job.

It's the classic scenario... HAD he come back to Spurs, it would've been the inevitable disaster and 'never go back' lesson for us...

As it is, it feels like Chelsea are suddenly on course for the treble next season!

No really gonna blame him personally for that chelsea move, but it should more or less shut the door for him. At least for the next decade he shouldn't be even considered a candidate here for the job.
You watch the game yesterday? A couple or three more managerial/administrative/executive missteps and we might be rocking up at Rotherham for most of the next decade...then we won't be a concern for his coaching exploits.

It's the classic scenario... HAD he come back to Spurs, it would've been the inevitable disaster and 'never go back' lesson for us...

As it is, it feels like Chelsea are suddenly on course for the treble next season!
It really doesn't, mainly because they aren't in any european competitions next season

I think you need to look at the definition of success.

Relative to Tottenham Hotspur, and the expectations set by this club, top 4 is success. 2nd place on 86 points and a CL final with top 4 four seasons in a row playing excellent football is unprecedented success, given what preceded it and what has followed it.

Considering PSG & Chelsea have hired him since he managed Spurs, I’d say the football world as a whole would consider that he was a success here as well.

Back
Top Bottom