Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Pochettino remarks were taken and blown out of proportion.
He wa making a point about the future of the club, what it needed. Instead of being arrrogant he said if it’s me or anyone else.
Like most would say.
He’s not immune to a sacking. He’s not so far up his own arse he thinks he is.
Read the book, he thought he was gone jjust before Kane scored that free kick at Villa.
Then the press jumped on it as an ultimatum.
One journalist, I think on Sky, had an exclusive said that Pochettinos agent had been in discussions with others.

Pochettino doesn’t have an agent. He negotiates his and his staffs contracts.
Then there was more believable crap as it had logic. Repeated online, as Trump knows, it suddenly becomes plausible. No bullshit could ever get presented as fact by media, surely.
Poch, young players
Chelsea young players in abundance. Austerity drive. Conte uncertainty.

Some gooner even called talkshite and said he wa going to Woolwich,
Then a few rumours
Wenger resigns, Pochettino hints at leaving straight after, post Semi final.
Sol Campbell, Terry Neil etc
Suddenly some Spurs fans are getting worried. Some Spurs fans angry it’s happening. Some gooners angry. The don’t want him, he’s a serial loser. It becomes reality

I even told a family member, who was adamant he’d be going Chelsea, it was never going to happen.
I explained new stadium, his relationship with Levy, his other remarks which pointed to planning next season. Nothing to suggest he’s unhappy with the way the club has been going. In fact he’d said before we were way ahead of the targets he set. I still have 3 yrs etc. His emphasis on Loyalty.
“Tell Southampton fans about his Loyalty ‘ was the reply.
Then I reminded him that Pochettino did say to the media, when he wasn’t speaking English, with no, ambiguity that his loyalty to Cortese would mean seeing him leave if Cortese was to have no option but to step down.
Cortese was the man that sold him Southampton. The man he planned the projects with. The man who he shared his vision for the club with Pochettino and vice versa. Cortese had trust, faith in Pochettino.
As soon as that was broken he left.

That gets lost becuase it’s spoilsmthe good story.

Levy is our Cortese
As long as they are on the same page then he want leaving. As soon as the trust is gone, he’s gone.
There was no rift. They seem to be close. As far as I’m aware I can’t remeber a manager Levy has been as close to.
Can’t remember any former manger saying his off to watch a game on TV at Levy’s drum. Levy going on bonding adventures trips overseas.
Don’t think Levy would have gone water skiing with Redknapp, etc.

If he leaves it will be because they fall out, Levy is replaced or he leaves on good terms with Levy’s blessings after making us a consistent top 4 club.

Last edited:
Pochettino remarks were taken and blown out of proportion.
He wa making a point about the future of the club, what it needed. Instead of being arrrogant he said if it’s me or anyone else.
Like most would say.
He’s not immune to a sacking. He’s not so far up his own arse he thinks he is.
Read the book, he thought he was gone jjust before Kane scored that free kick at Villa.
Then the press jumped on it as an ultimatum.
One journalist, I think on Sky, had an exclusive said that Pochettinos agent had been in discussions with others.

Pochettino doesn’t have an agent. He negotiates his and his staffs contracts.
Then there was more believable crap as it had logic. Repeated online, as Trump knows, it suddenly becomes plausible. No bullshit could ever get presented as fact by media, surely.
Poch, young players
Chelsea young players in abundance. Austerity drive. Conte uncertainty.

Some gooner even called talkshite and said he wa going to Woolwich,
Then a few rumours
Wenger resigns, Pochettino hints at leaving straight after, post Semi final.
Sol Campbell, Terry Neil etc
Suddenly some Spurs fans are getting worried. Some Spurs fans angry it’s happening. Some gooners angry. The don’t want him, he’s a serial loser. It becomes reality

I even told a family member, who was adamant he’d be going Chelsea, it was never going to happen.
I explained new stadium, his relationship with Levy, his other remarks which pointed to planning next season. Nothing to suggest he’s unhappy with the way the club has been going. In fact he’d said before we were way ahead of the targets he set. I still have 3 yrs etc. His emphasis on Loyalty.
“Tell Southampton fans about his Loyalty ‘ was the reply.
Then I reminded him that Pochettino did say to the media, when he wasn’t speaking English, with no, ambiguity that his loyalty to Cortese would mean seeing him leave if Cortese was to have no option but to step down.
Cortese was the man that sold him Southampton. The man he planned the projects with. The man who he shared his vision for the club with Pochettino and vice versa. Cortese had trust, faith in Pochettino.
As soon as that was broken he left.

That gets lost becuase it’s spoilsmthe good story.

Levy is our Cortese
As long as they are on the same page then he want leaving. As soon as the trust is gone, he’s gone.
There was no rift. They seem to be close. As far as I’m aware I can’t remeber a manager Levy has been as close to.
Can’t remember any former manger saying his off to watch a game on TV at Levy’s drum. Levy going on bonding adventures trips overseas.
Don’t think Levy would have gone water skiing with Redknapp, etc.

If he leaves it will be because they fall out, Levy is replaced or he leaves on good terms with Levy’s blessings after making us a consistent top 4 club.
What the fuck is with your formatting?

It was exuberant pre-jiz, but my spursy technique managed to stave off a gusher.

The main eruption's not due till Levy time.
Ah I see. A patient man. A wise man. Tantric even.
I’m more a “live for the moment and empty the excessive baggage while you still can” kind of guy. Saving a bit for the Bale announcement, but may have to use that up when Madrid pummel the dippers fist deep on Saturday evening.

That could get very messy.

I’m pleased that Poch has signed, but I must confess that all this wanking and jizzfestism leaves me cold. Surely a supportive post, a quick dry root, or a selfie leering over the man’s shoulder would suffice?

Daniel Story ... Proving that incompetent journalism is till alive and well, this was 24 hours ago .... lol

Tottenham Hotspur

What do they need?
More squad depth, and high-class replacements for those who do choose to depart to stop Mauricio Pochettino getting itchy feet. The announcement of Daniel Levy’s wage hike while Tottenham continue to pay below the odds to their best players threatened to rock the boat, but one of the club’s irreplaceables (Harry Kane, Christian Eriksen) kicking up a fuss really would. Levy must assist Pochettino’s task in taking Tottenham to the next level, and that means back-up in whichever positions Pochettino deems necessary. Replacements for Toby Alderweireld and Mousa Dembele might be the starting point.

What will they get?
Matthijs de Ligt seems a likely fit if Alderweireld leaves, but Dembele’s departure would be more of a head-scratcher. In terms of the smattering of youth that Pochettino would like to add to his academy graduates (this year’s crop haven’t quite kicked on), take your pick from Ryan Sessegnon and James Maddison. There are also the rumours of Anthony Martial, and a wide forward would seem to a better solution than trying to by a back-up centre forward. That plan has failed twice already.

What’s been said?
“We need to talk a lot between us and the club. They have a clear idea of what we need to do and I don’t know if the club will agree with me or not but we need to talk next week to create the new project or what I think we need to do together again to try and improve. That’s a bit up to Daniel and the club to be happy with us. After four years we need to assess that period and try to be contenders and win big, big trophies.

“We need to review things. It has been fantastic all we have achieved but it will be so important to create again and create a different idea to try to move on and to be closer to win titles in the next few years. We cannot think we are the cleverest people in the world winning trophies spending small money. We need to think our reality is different. I have crazy ideas. You need to be brave” – Mauricio Pochettino, May 13.

Last edited:
Or to change the transfer policy a bit so we can buy older established players as well as buying prospects and developing youth.
Only time will tell how the transfer window goes but I think our manager getting a good pay rise and new contract bodes well for increasing player wages and as Poch said at the end of the season moving to the next stage of the project.

I think it has to now when you factor in Levy’s remuneration as well.

Pochettino signing the contract extension is really

hqdefault.jpg

Now hopefully

tenor.gif

Really strange piece on Marca's (Spanish) website today about Pochettino signing a new contract that I can't find on the English language version. All's going well until the end (Spanish and mangled Google translation provided), where it is suggested the new deal contains an 'understanding' that, in the event Real Madrid or PSG make enquiries, Pochettino can leave.

El gesto de Pochettino de renunciar a la propuesta llegada desde el otro lado de Londres, pese a la importante cuantía económica de la misma, debía tener su justa correspondencia en el presidente del Tottenham, que accedió a que si en un futuro próximo aparecen en el horizonte bien Real Madrid, bien PSG, el máximo mandatario del Tottenham abriría la puerta de salida para el argentino. 'Yo continúo, pero tú me dejas si me llaman estos dos equipos'. Acuerdo cerrado.

Pochettino quiere entrenar al Real Madrid y el Real Madrid espera al argentino. Es cuestión de tiempo mientras uno y otro queman etapas y siguen adelante con su evolución natural. El técnico tiene claro que su destino, lejos del Tottenham, solo admite dos posibles destinos: Real Madrid y PSG. En un equipo jugó y al otro le admira.

The gesture of Pochettino to renounce the proposed arrival from [Chelsea], in spite of the important economic amount of the same, had to have his just correspondence in the president of Tottenham , who agreed that if in the near future they appear in the horizon well Real Madrid, well PSG, the highest leader of Tottenham would open the exit door for the Argentine. 'I continue, but you leave me if these two teams call me.' Agreement closed.

Pochettino wants to train Real Madrid and Real Madrid expects the Argentine. It is a matter of time while one and another burn stages and move forward with their natural evolution. The coach is clear that his destination, far from Tottenham, only admits two possible destinations: Real Madrid and PSG . In one team he played and the other admires him.

Really strange piece on Marca's (Spanish) website today about Pochettino signing a new contract that I can't find on the English language version. All's going well until the end (Spanish and mangled Google translation provided), where it is suggested the new deal contains an 'understanding' that, in the event Real Madrid or PSG make enquiries, Pochettino can leave.

El gesto de Pochettino de renunciar a la propuesta llegada desde el otro lado de Londres, pese a la importante cuantía económica de la misma, debía tener su justa correspondencia en el presidente del Tottenham, que accedió a que si en un futuro próximo aparecen en el horizonte bien Real Madrid, bien PSG, el máximo mandatario del Tottenham abriría la puerta de salida para el argentino. 'Yo continúo, pero tú me dejas si me llaman estos dos equipos'. Acuerdo cerrado.

Pochettino quiere entrenar al Real Madrid y el Real Madrid espera al argentino. Es cuestión de tiempo mientras uno y otro queman etapas y siguen adelante con su evolución natural. El técnico tiene claro que su destino, lejos del Tottenham, solo admite dos posibles destinos: Real Madrid y PSG. En un equipo jugó y al otro le admira.

The gesture of Pochettino to renounce the proposed arrival from [Chelsea], in spite of the important economic amount of the same, had to have his just correspondence in the president of Tottenham , who agreed that if in the near future they appear in the horizon well Real Madrid, well PSG, the highest leader of Tottenham would open the exit door for the Argentine. 'I continue, but you leave me if these two teams call me.' Agreement closed.

Pochettino wants to train Real Madrid and Real Madrid expects the Argentine. It is a matter of time while one and another burn stages and move forward with their natural evolution. The coach is clear that his destination, far from Tottenham, only admits two possible destinations: Real Madrid and PSG . In one team he played and the other admires him.
Bill Madrid Bill Madrid do your thing.

Surely this is just Marca BS

One thing I've learned from living in Spain: The media is even worse than England.

The piece does indeed claim that apparently Poch wants to go to Madrid eventually, and likewise Madrid want him too, and it'll only be a matter of time before it happens.

Marca are so far up Madrid's arse that they probably think every player and manager in the world wants to represent them, so I would take this with a humongous dollop of salt. Nothing to see here.

Back
Top Bottom