Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Pochettino said: “I am honoured to have signed a new long-term contract as we approach one of the most significant periods in the club’s history, and be the manager that will lead this team into our new world-class stadium. This is just one of the factors that makes this one of the most exciting jobs in world football and we are already making plans to ensure we continue to build on the great work that everyone has contributed to over the past four years.

“Daniel and I have spoken at length about our aspirations for this football club. We both share the same philosophies to achieve long-term, sustainable success. This is a special club – we always strive to be creative in the way we work both on and off the pitch and will continue to stick to our principles in order to achieve the success this club deserves.”

Great news we can now relax for the summer and we won't have read Poch is going here there and everywhere when he isn't going anywhere the media will have to make up other shite at least manager wise klopp will be the obvious target if Liverpool do well Saturday! And at long fecking last Levy has wakened up to the fact if you want a good manager or players you have to pay for them speculate to accumulate. Lastly if any of our so called support don't think this is the best signing we could have made with the exception of Kane signing long term and even then I think this is better long term they don't want the best for Tottenham Hotspur FC....so .FUCK OFF..

Klopp won’t be leaving Liverpool regardless of the result on Saturday.

I didn't say he would be, I said the media will make up stories about managers during the summer with ours staying my guess would be klopp especially if Liverpool do well on Saturday!

Nah. He’s part of the myth up there now. No journo will risk the ire of the scouse. Everyone knows he isn’t leaving.

Everyone.

Nah. He’s part of the myth up there now. No journo will risk the ire of the scouse. Everyone knows he isn’t leaving.

Everyone.
Will be funny when he ends up at Woolwich as interim in a few seasons after they boot Emery, then drift over to Stoke, still in the championship, and help bring them up to mid table nuisance status

This is a special club – we always strive to be creative in the way we work both on and off the pitch and will continue to stick to our principles in order to achieve the success this club deserves.”

What do we all think he’s saying here? Smacks of NOT necessarily spending big to me. But more still living within our means. “Being creative” sounds like finding talent others aren’t seeing. Continuing with a wage structure of approx half of turnover etc...
To me it seems that Poch is relying on the club growing commercially in order to have the ability to fund greater purchases and wages within its budgets. And that the further success that should bring will lead to a self fulfilling increase in the commercial side and so it goes. A successful playing side leafs to a successful commercial side and vice versa, but we’re not willing to risk one trying to jump ahead of the other.

What do we all think he’s saying here? Smacks of NOT necessarily spending big to me. But more still living within our means. “Being creative” sounds like finding talent others aren’t seeing. Continuing with a wage structure of approx half of turnover etc...
To me it seems that Poch is relying on the club growing commercially in order to have the ability to fund greater purchases and wages within its budgets. And that the further success that should bring will lead to a self fulfilling increase in the commercial side and so it goes. A successful playing side leafs to a successful commercial side and vice versa, but we’re not willing to risk one trying to jump ahead of the other.

Promoting youth. Ideally young English youth. But from the article I read Mauricio Pochettino signs new five-year contract at Tottenham Hotspur

He’s saying he wants to be able to buy experienced players that may not necessarily have the usual Levy clause of having to sell on at a profit.

Promoting youth. Ideally young English youth. But from the article I read Mauricio Pochettino signs new five-year contract at Tottenham Hotspur

He’s saying he wants to be able to buy experienced players that may not necessarily have the usual Levy clause of having to sell on at a profit.

I would love us to be able to regularly produce youth talent worthy of the first team but seems it’s certainly easier said than done.
Still it really does seem the club is going in the right direction and in the right manner.
Loving being a Spurs fan right now.

Whilst pleased Poch staying I cannot help wondering why he came out with those comments at the end of the season. Was it to secure the pay rise? Or was it as quoted earlier that he wants to buy experienced players with limited sell on profit. Just seems out of character compared to his usual non committal, following the company line comments

I hope your wrong, as he is now being paid on par with other top prem managers. So you would assume he wants the same for his players, and He did say that he wants to "take risks" I'm hoping he means in the transfer market. Players like Bale, older world class winners are a big risk and cost a lot of money, but I hope that is the next step.

Whilst pleased Poch staying I cannot help wondering why he came out with those comments at the end of the season. Was it to secure the pay rise? Or was it as quoted earlier that he wants to buy experienced players with limited sell on profit. Just seems out of character compared to his usual non committal, following the company line comments

Fairly obvious that it was.

Fairly obvious that it was.
Or to change the transfer policy a bit so we can buy older established players as well as buying prospects and developing youth.
Only time will tell how the transfer window goes but I think our manager getting a good pay rise and new contract bodes well for increasing player wages and as Poch said at the end of the season moving to the next stage of the project.

Best news ever. I so wanted to believe that Poch is a man of honour and integrity, but the recent negative press has started to sow a tiny seed of doubt. After all, we have a horrible habit of shooting ourselves in the foot. But thank goodness Daniel and Poch seem to have a fantastic relationship and they both want what is best for our club. Said it before, but I truly believe that they although they won't always get it right, it won't be for the want of trying.
Now to try and find a way of getting a hug from the lovely man.

Back
Top Bottom