Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He is the best manager since Harry, but he isn't as good as Harry, who still remains the most underestimated manager in English PL history.
Poch needs to learn from his mistakes - namely, only having one style of play, when the game is moving on away from attrition based, close em down, dominate fuck out em football.
Ranieri is showing the way forward - counter attack, don't get knackered out every game, play with width and a creative playmaker...come to think of it, that's exactly how we were playing under Redknapp!
fuck me, not even Arry believes that shit :deledoubt::harrylol:

Last season, Kane, Alli, Eriksen, Lloris, Alderweireld, Lamela, Walker and Dier missed 19 league games combined. Already we are at 16 this season!! Undeniably these are our best players.

All things considered think we could have been in a far worse position than where we are now, only at the end of the season we can full judge the depth of the squad. Hope that by the end of the international break we have a fully fit squad. This is a very challenging month with some massive games.

CwmqA8BXEAAi6H_.jpg

I mentioned this in the match thread but it's worth isolating. They can't live with us.
*They have got the score wrong on the 2015/16 game, it was 2-2

Great video - was it Poch's son in goal?

Does make you wonder:
a) Why F2 aren't playing at least conference football (I guess they get a better living from YouTube?)
b) If Poch actually thought they would be worth their salt on a pitch

Crazy how decent Poch is for a guy who no doubt would struggle to get near the top 100 list of midfielders of his era.

Great video - was it Poch's son in goal

Does make you wonder:
a) Why F2 aren't playing at least conference football (I guess they get a better living from YouTube?)

Crazy how decent Poch is for a guy who no doubt would struggle to get near the top 100 list of midfielders of his era.

Haven't got the athleticism to make it in the game I imagine. They're so well drilled in what they do as free style footballers they probably don't really have any on-pitch intelligence or mental strength. They train in a completely different way to that of a pro footballer.

It's like asking why the Globetrotters aren't in the NBA.

Haven't got the athleticism to make it in the game I imagine. They're so well drilled in what they do as free style footballers they probably don't really have any on-pitch intelligence or mental strength. They train in a completely different way to that of a pro footballer.

It's like asking why the Globetrotters aren't in the NBA.

Just looked it up and (the white one) Billy's Dad played for spurs. He's 33 and was born in New York, and is apparently already signed professionally with us, but as a freestyle footballer.

Great video - was it Poch's son in goal?

Does make you wonder:

Fantastic attitude and performance from Pochettino. He is probably just as handson and involved in training to keep them motivated.
This is just my idea, but I think that it is vital for a team that plays such intensive and demanding football to have a coach that is involved and proactive in training. No way Owl or someone like Sam would be able to pull off this kind of football.
They traded fitness for skill. Its all nice and spectacular when its a nicely controlled environment:) I'm sure most first team players could do the same mostly at the same level, but on top of that they have the fitness and tactical knowledge required to compete for an entire season.
Maybe not on the pitch but they could be worth something in training as technique and mentoring for youngsters.

Just looked it up and (the white one) Billy's Dad played for spurs. He's 33 and was born in New York, and is apparently already signed professionally with us, but as a freestyle footballer.

I think Billy plays for a team in the 7th or 8th tier in England.

Jeremy used to play for Woolwich youth and was actually on Britains Got Talent a few years ago.

I think Billy plays for a team in the 7th or 8th tier in England.

Jeremy used to play for Woolwich youth and was actually on Britains Got Talent a few years ago.
Yeah I think they don't have the fitness required, Billy learned his stuff a bit later in life I think so too late for him now at 33. The level they would be likely playing at is like league 2 or conference and playing like that they would be getting smashed, much better lifestyle and wage doing what they do now.

Sad thing is lose today you pricks will be on here moaning

Honestly we are finally lucky we have a great thing going on with this manager, look at the fucking mess mourinho is spending tens of millions, Poch is perfect for our club

We may win some lose some but we are building for future, it's a marathon that lasts seasons not a sprint of a few minutes

Enjoy it all

Edit: Just look at the hug today, speaks volumes

Last edited:
Poch is indeed peefect for our club and should be here for a long time but that doesn't mean he doesn't have flaws and that also doesn't mean that pointing out those flaws means you want him sacked(tbh only a moron would say he should be sacked).

Yesterday he got it wrong with the starting line up. West ham have been playing a 3 at the back narrow formation the last 6 games so deciding to try out a narrow formation ourselves just played into their hands. Poch then made a great call by being on Son and stretching play which resulted in Son tearing them a new one on the left.

Poch is indeed peefect for our club and should be here for a long time but that doesn't mean he doesn't have flaws and that also doesn't mean that pointing out those flaws means you want him sacked(tbh only a moron would say he should be sacked).

Yesterday he got it wrong with the starting line up. West ham have been playing a 3 at the back narrow formation the last 6 games so deciding to try out a narrow formation ourselves just played into their hands. Poch then made a great call by being on Son and stretching play which resulted in Son tearing them a new one on the left.
No doubt, Son changed the complexity of the game. But give credit to where it's due. Dembele got those fullbacks all knackered and Son can win the Oscar for his "semi-dive" to get the penalty.

Formation against West Ham was definitely baffling. Rose, Walker and Dembele all nullified by our own tactic and those three are some of our most important players.

What helped us was the fact that Bilic decided to go defensive and play 5 at the back when he went ahead and then decided to take Payet off. That cost them the game.

Back
Top Bottom