Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sometimes this guy gets it wrong. Whether that's the wrong line-up, not making subs until it's too late etc. but tonight he got it abso-fucking-lutely spot on.

Early subs. The right subs.

Love you.

Sometimes this guy gets it wrong. Whether that's the wrong line-up, not making subs until it's too late etc. but tonight he got it abso-fucking-lutely spot on.

Love you.

I didn't agree with the Llorente sub, and I don't think moving Sissoko to RB would have been much different to just taking him off and leaving KWP out there at RB, Sissoko was fine there but after his fuck up KWP was fine too, but I fucking loved that switch to the CM3 of Winks, Eriksen, Alli, it was like watching Pep's ManC midfield - just so much wit and craft about it, we just carved them apart time after time.

I didn't agree with the Llorente sub, and I don't think moving Sissoko to RB would have been much different to just taking him off and leaving KWP out there at RB, Sissoko was fine there but after his fuck up KWP was fine too, but I fucking loved that switch to the CM3 of Winks, Eriksen, Alli, it was like watching Pep's ManC midfield - just so much wit and craft about it, we just carved them apart time after time.

Sissoko switched to RB position already after KWP yellow basically.

I agree, today he made right changes in the right time. Though picking KWP to starting XI was a blunder. Cost us a goal and Sissoko covered his position while KWP himself was not really involved in the game (and that is why he was subbed quite quickly as well).

But this is at the same time real praise for Sissoko. He managed to cover really well there. I am afraid we would have been screwed if there would not have been such player to cover!

Sissoko switched to RB position already after KWP yellow basically.

I agree, today he made right changes in the right time. Though picking KWP to starting XI was a blunder. Cost us a goal and Sissoko covered his position while KWP himself was not really involved in the game (and that is why he was subbed quite quickly as well).

But this is at the same time real praise for Sissoko. He managed to cover really well there. I am afraid we would have been screwed if there would not have been such player to cover!
Yep, but in fairness he did the same covering for Aurier previously.

Not able to spend a single penny in the summer. Not even got a home stadium to play football in. Sitting third in the most competitive league in the world. Qualified from a Champions League group involving Barcelona and Inter Milan.

Yet people STILL doubt the guy.

Good to know Blakey doesn't agree ... for me that's just affirmation that Poch got it right ......

Love you.

In fairness he's not got it wrong in a long time, he got a lot of flack after the Woolwich game but looking at the bench what could he do? All the players on there had all played 160 minutes plus football in like 5 days and where just as fucked as the ones on the pitch.

Fucking love the bloke and he just oozes class learns from his mistakes and never grumbles despite being dealt more then a few shite hands.

Not able to spend a single penny in the summer. Not even got a home stadium to play football in. Sitting third in the most competitive league in the world. Qualified from a Champions League group involving Barcelona and Inter Milan.

Yet people STILL doubt the guy.
In 25 years of following Spurs, he is without a doubt the best thing that has happened to our club. I loved the 1991 FA cup win (I was 9), Jurgen's signing gave me a few weeks of joy, that partnership between Keane and Berbatov was impressive and Gareth Bale was amazing for 2 years.

But Poch is #1.

Loved this. Mourinho would have tripped the poor kid up.

giphy.gif

Loved this. Mourinho would have tripped the poor kid up.

giphy.gif

I want me some Poch-love. :eriksenserious:

KWP looked kinda sheepish as he went off, but following that brief word in his shell-like, I bet he walked down that tunnel feeling 10ft feckin' tall!

Every week there's little moments like this. Echoing comments elsewhere earlier today (edit: It was KickAssAndGiggle KickAssAndGiggle just a few posts up! lol)... Those 3 cups over the last 30-odd years were nice, but loving my club more than ever these days (I'm was too young to truly soak up the majesty of the early 80's... Mainly remember walking round singing all the old Chas n Dave hits as an ankle-biter!).

It is my feeling that we are currently the living embodiment of Bill Nick's famous quote.

COYS!!!! :tobyarm:

Maureen wouldn't have played him, would have gone with Dier or Toby at RB.

...My projection would be him playing Wanyama.

(See "I have to play with broken toys cos you won't buy me a never ending stream of thoroughbred ponies" & Herrera all over the back 5.)

Back
Top Bottom