Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I believe that Poch is a great manager who has taken this team as far as he can. Yesterday showed his managerial limits. Starting a new pairing at centre back in a heated derby was foolish. The lack of substitutions when the game was clearly slipping away was also difficult to understand. It's one game I know, but what a game to lose. Feels like a marker.

The concern I have is his inability to instil a winning mentality. We still look like the almost men. Interestingly, when Kane scored yesterday his celebration looked reserved. I would fully expect him to ram it down their throats. They must've been shittting it at that stage. Pour it on them, I say. It all looked subdued. The general attitude wasn't right. That mentality comes from the top down.

My point is that if Poch lets players walk onto the pitch against that lot not ready to eat their own shit to win, he either doesn't understand that game or he can't motivate them in the right way.

Benitez is a manager who has won things. I think he has the managerial experience and approach to reach the next level with Tottenham. Poch should be thanked and moved on. Time to be ruthless.

I'd love to hear thoughts on this.
Your a simpleton......:cautious:

Pochettino is wrong. Budget wise Tottenham are not along the lines of Everton / Waste Ham etc. Perhaps in raw terms with transfers, but bigger picture stuff considered it’s not true and very damaging to present us in the media as a poor relation scrubbing about with doped wankers like Leicester or shit show clubs like the spammers.

Have a look at the training ground, stadium, infrastructure and dare I suggest history before you bracket us with lesser clubs. Like Poch. But this spin is nonsense.

Pochettino is wrong. Budget wise Tottenham are not along the lines of Everton / Waste Ham etc. Perhaps in raw terms with transfers, but bigger picture stuff considered it’s not true and very damaging to present us in the media as a poor relation scrubbing about with doped wankers like Leicester or shit show clubs like the spammers.

Have a look at the training ground, stadium, infrastructure and dare I suggest history before you bracket us with lesser clubs. Like Poch. But this spin is nonsense.

By budgets, I'm sure he was reaching to imply recent expenditure on players,

No, Leicester spent 103 million this summer.
How's that working out for them?
We spent fuck all and just went and shat on their doorstep
And aren't we third at the moment?
You do know that we haven't finished better than third more than once since 1963, right? 55 years.
The man in charge has delivered better results than any other manager since then and yet people question him and try to analyse and belittle him.
Some posters on here need a reality check

You do know that we haven't finished better than third more than once since 1963, right? 55 years.
The man in charge has delivered better results than any other manager since then and yet people question him and try to analyse and belittle him.

I don’t think Poch’s comments where aimed at the fans rather the media and perhaps Joe Lewis and Levy.

Basically I am working miracles and should be judged against Leicester/West Ham etc based on resources available not City/Chelsea/Liverpool. And on that he is right in my view.

whoa tiger, I wasn't criticizing, I was simply stating a fact.

“It is not easy to improve only with investment. You need time: to invest, to create a philosophy, a methodology. I think what Tottenham have is a clear idea. Then you have to try to keep your best players to be competitive. Sometimes money is going to help but it is not the most important thing. And in the end everyone invests, still only one team can win.”

Why does it have to be a dig at anyone.
It’s just describing the situation as it is.

Why are people obsessed with hidden meanings. There used to be a time when quotes were fairly conclusive, but now quotes mean the complete opposite and everyone can see the real hidden meaning in everything.
Remember when he said he felt the worst he has ever felt here a few months ago?

Not many read between the lines that day did they. No, it was quotes and all of a sudden it was crystal clear what he meant.

People “read between the lines” and predicted showdown talks in the summer. Two weeks later Poch signs a contract.
Oops.
Oh look now he’s been shafted and will walk by the end of the window.
Nope.
Seasons fucked.
Nope.

“Money isn’t everything” now clearly means
“Money IS everything”

Keep reading between the lines....same people who claimed Pool, arse, Chelsea, Utd and City blew us out the water in the summer, now think being just 6pts behind Pool, 5pts behind City and above all the others a fortnight before Christmas isn’t good enough.

That's a clear swipe at the clubs owners if ever I saw one.

Or the press

Or some of our ungrateful and self-entitled fans.

Interpret it how you like. Guaranteed there are individuals on here who will.

Only the irresponsible invest personal fortunes into their own companies. Or those trying to hide something.

Or as a global marketing experience to legitimise their atrocious human rights reputation.

Pochettino is one big game victory from turning the last page. The rest I find irrelevant.

In a game, hopefully this season and invariably that will be against a top team, we will hopefully be leading and he will change things to bolster our position, and obviously lead us to victory.

It is the final piece of the puzzle to complete and however unpalatable he could still learn that from Mourinho (only that now) in that aspect of game management.

But what he has done in the Premier League this season (bar the Woolwich game) has been a real mixture of the frustrated, the different and with 36 points, undoubtedly effective.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom