Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

And I love the way he and his team work with the players and they all seem to step up a level. Some of the other managers at top of league seem just to rely on already established players. That's why someone like Ryan Sessegnon should come to us. Poch 'gets' younger players. I think his handling of Dele has been superb.

Our manager is quality but......

I agree with his treatment of Alderweireld but cannot see why he seems to have a different approach to the one with Rose, who for me is a traitor. I cannot see past that even if part of what he states is correct.

My other slight concern is the full back rotation. Not sure we need it at this stage of the season with one game per week and especially based on how well Davies and Trippier played last week.

I agree with his treatment of Alderweireld but cannot see why he seems to have a different approach to the one with Rose, who for me is a traitor. I cannot see past that even if part of what he states is correct.

My other slight concern is the full back rotation. Not sure we need it at this stage of the season with one game per week and especially based on how well Davies and Trippier played last week.

Rose apologised and probably knuckled down in training (as proven by his weight loss and game time).

I still believe there was an agreement with Rose and Pochettino about working hard, seeing the season out and then being sold in the summer personally.

Well, he has to show players that if they knuckle down there is a path back to the first team.

Well, he has to show players that if they knuckle down there is a path back to the first team.
This. As much as I disliked Rose's comments he seems to be bunkering down and doing his best to get back into the fold. If it is to stay at the club or just to exit on a good note remains to be seen of course. I lean towards it being for Rose to work hard and leave on a positive note. But like Sissoko he is proving that you can regain favour with the boss by putting in your shifts (and in Rose's case probably apologizing.)

Toby didn’t do a newspaper interview that he needed to apologise for. He’s done nothing in public other than tweet positively about the team.

Rose's interview was not smart but we have no idea of the behaviour of Rose or Toby behind the scenes, which might be different.

I suspect there's an agreement to give Rose game time for the world cup and then he's off in the summer.

Rose's interview was not smart but we have no idea of the behaviour of Rose or Toby behind the scenes, which might be different.

I suspect there's an agreement to give Rose game time for the world cup and then he's off in the summer.
I agree. None of us know what’s gone on with either player. Toby could be a complete nightmare, but could just as easily be keen to sort out a new contract in the summer. All we know is anything we’ve heard thus far is rumour and conjecture.

Put it this way, I trust Poch in making decisions that are, in his mind, the best for the club. He won't always get it right, as he is human, but I strongly believe that it would always be with him putting the Club first.

On the surface they look similar but we're talking about two different people, in two different career situations, and with probably very different dynamics internally. We can't just assume that because one situation is handled one way that we need to handle any other similar one in exactly the same way.

I'm just glad that to this point, all parties have been pretty quiet on the whole thing.

Toby didn’t do a newspaper interview that he needed to apologise for. He’s done nothing in public other than tweet positively about the team.

Toby has refused to sign a new contract (which makes the endless team tweets nauseatingly insincere) whilst Rose has not refused to sign a new contract.

Back
Top Bottom