Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Alledgedly, Poch close to signing new contract worth £163k/week.

Sign him up!

I'm also guessing this means we'll loosen the purse-strings for bumper new contracts for our top 4 or 5 players. Verts, Sonny, Eriksen, and Kane all need tying down to new long-term deals. Edit: D'oh, Dele too.

Last edited:

Sign him up!

I'm also guessing this means we'll loosen the purse-strings for bumper new contracts for our top 4 or 5 players. Verts, Sonny, Eriksen, and Kane all need tying down to new long-term deals. Edit: D'oh, Dele too.
Definitely wirth it. Also you can increase the managers contract without provoking envious glances from peers

You must be more trusting than me. Whilst before Poch's time, I seem to recall Levy saying Bale would not be sold but he was.
Not that I'm in the know or anything, but surely things have moved on from those days. Having said that, everyone has a price, and if a player wants to go, they will eventually. That's modern football for you.

Been said before, it will be said again and I'll say it again now...

First person to get tied to a new, long term, 'as much money as we can comfortably throw at him' deal is this man.

I don't wanna lose any of our most important players but I'd choose this guy staying forever over all of them.

Kevin Costner was once told 'build it and they will come'. Well... 'Announce Poch and they will follow' #fieldofdreams

Sign him up!

And Toby is after £180k a week (allegedly)
No player should be paid more than the bloke that manages him. It’s a fucked up world where that is even a discussion. If anyone is worth their wages, it’s Poch.
:pochfacepalm:

I think he'd sign a contract based on the players he has now.

What's wrong with them?
Nothing but do you really trust your boss to deliver or prefer to have a little security. These discussions frequently go on for a while and even once agreed are signed later. I would not tell Levy that but tell the Agent negotiating to spin it out. I agree with those that say Poch is the clubs best asset and If Levy is tempted by a big offer for one of our players but Poch is not keen to sell, the fact Poch's contract is not signed could persuade Levy to turn it down. Also if Poch agrees to sell Toby and Rose on basis we get replacements then not signing the contract could help get what Poch wants. Maybe I have been let down by Bosses promises and am cautious but it is just what I would have done.

I'd rather have Poch than any other manager active right now and that's a fact. He's young, plays entertaining attacking football, has built a great relationship with the players, and most importantly doesn't seem to be a mercenary type like some of his contemporaries *coughPEPcough*. You look at United under SAF or the Arse with Wenger, what they were able to build and achieve with their teams (yes, Wenger deserves his credit here, recent shit seasons aside) and tell me we can't do the same or better with Poch if we can keep him and his project going for the long haul. Whatever amount he wants, he's worth five times it.

Back
Top Bottom