Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What a man. Resisting the lure of Bayern and guaranteed trophies.
Time for the squad to show him how much he means to them and win two more FA Cup games this season.
And if we don't, does that mean the squad doesn't care?
You don't always get what you deserve in football, or life in for that matter.
Personally, I've enjoyed the last three seasons for the quality of play and the team ethic that has been garnered by Poch.
Yes, it would be nice to crown the season with a trophy, but as far as I'm concerned, I'm not going to desert my team because there's no silverware in the cabinet.

Shay Given just made the point on Radio 5 Live and it is accurate.

He should not yet be called a great manager because he greatness is bestowed upon those who win things. Very much the same as players but different because players can win players of the season or top scorer etc.

Today is another test because it is that hoodoo called Stamford Bridge and that match against a top 4 rival away from home.

If Pochettino can eventually leave us as a 'great' manager then we will have won silverware.

Shay Given just made the point on Radio 5 Live and it is accurate.

He should not yet be called a great manager because he greatness is bestowed upon those who win things. Very much the same as players but different because players can win players of the season or top scorer etc.

Today is another test because it is that hoodoo called Stamford Bridge and that match against a top 4 rival away from home.

If Pochettino can eventually leave us as a 'great' manager then we will have won silverware.

So by this logic Martinez is a great manager, but Pochettino isn’t, and Wes Morgan is a great player, but Le Tissier isn’t?

Didn’t think it was anatomically possible but you’re actually typing out of your arse if you believe that.

So by this logic Martinez is a great manager, but Pochettino isn’t, and Wes Morgan is a great player, but Le Tissier isn’t?

Didn’t think it was anatomically possible but you’re actually typing out of your arse if you believe that.

Deary me.

No, I think if you thought about the comment you would understand that to be great you develop talent and very good teams and also win things, are adaptable and innovative as well as probably having a philosophy of how the game should be played that is portable and that players understand. It is.a BIG list.

No one is saying managers become great if they just win a trophy but neither can you be great if you don't win any silverware in my opinion.

Pochettino is gradually moving up the ratings and creating real belief in himself and our players.

Deary me.

No, I think if you thought about the comment you would understand that to be great you develop talent and very good teams and also win things, are adaptable and innovative as well as probably having a philosophy of how the game should be played that is portable and that players understand. It is.a BIG list.

No one is saying managers become great if they just win a trophy but neither can you be great if you don't win any silverware in my opinion.

Pochettino is gradually moving up the ratings and creating real belief in himself and our players.

Don’t take this the wrong way, but is English your first language?

So my most recent admiration of Poch is that he can win at Chelsea away with that bench. I feel I am jinxing this a bit but it does certainly make the future look a lot more secure.

Back
Top Bottom