Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We lost due to individual mistakes. Sorry, but you’re way off on this. We were controlling the match. There was no need to change. We simply lost it through naivety and a lack of concentration.
The point I was making is, they change formation every game and it happened to us, we didn't respond quickly enough to the change So yes I agree, mistakes and a little naïvety were to blame.They also knocked our concentration by bulling us, roughing us up a little for the first 15 mins of the second half.

After all the 'tactical naivety' Poch was accused of, and the 'substitution masterclass' Allegri apparently gave him midweek, it was good to see both brave substutions pay off almost immediately yesterday...

I know his hand was forced somewhat by Kane's injury so early on... but he could EASILY have brought on Llorente, and at least appeared to go like-for-like... (I, like many wouldn't have been that surprised if he had!)

As it was, he took the bolder decision to bring Lamela on and change the formation (or at least the attacking onus) a little bit.

It worked twice, with us scoring a minute after both Kane (34/35) AND Dele (86/87) had gone off later in the game!

Can't be a coincidence, that! He coulda gone obvious on either, but those two brave decisions... paid off both times!

giphy.gif

After all the 'tactical naivety' Poch was accused of, and the 'substitution masterclass' Allegri apparently gave him midweek, it was good to see both brave substutions pay off almost immediately yesterday...

I know his hand was forced somewhat by Kane's injury so early on... but he could EASILY have brought on Llorente, and at least appeared to go like-for-like... (I, like many wouldn't have been that surprised if he had!)

As it was, he took the bolder decision to bring Lamela on and change the formation (or at least the attacking onus) a little bit.

It worked twice, with us scoring a minute after both Kane (34/35) AND Dele (86/87) had gone off later in the game!

Can't be a coincidence, that! He coulda gone obvious on either, but those two brave decisions... paid off both times!

So those nonsense stats about Pochettino’s substitutions not leading to a goal can not be put to bed.

The. Fucking. Man.

You can keep your narcissistic 'geniuses', hollow trophies, mercenary galactico signings and dirty money. I wouldnt swap Poch's Tottenham for anything.

:tobyarm:

Hmmm... Pochettino to Bayern Munich?

Bayern Munich have contacted Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino to succeed Jupp Heynckes, according to former Liverpool star Dietmar Hamann.

The Argentine has proved a huge success since arriving in north London in 2014, with Real Madrid also said to be considering the former Southampton chief as their next coach.

According to Hamann, however, Bayern are looking for Pochettino to take over from Heynckes if the 72-year-old decides to end his interim term at the Allianz Arena at the end of the season.

“I know Bayern have been in contact with Pochettino and that he was an option – and might still be,” Hamann told Sky.

“Some say the Bayern coach should be a German, it might be one area of importance, but not the only one.

“Even Pep [Guardiola] was not perfect. It is about picking the best coach possible.

“For me, that man is Pochettino.”

Back
Top Bottom