Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

A nice avatar pic...

DM6Gz4PW4AAUW_F

Nothing wrong with Pochettino tonight - he selected a strong team. We controlled the first half expertly. If anything, his substitutions could have been done a little earlier but that's always been a Poch issue.

I hope he fucking slaughtered them players at the full time whistle. Who they think they are with that show of arrogance and complacency is beyond me. That wasn't a Pochettino team performance that second half.

Nothing wrong with Pochettino tonight - he selected a strong team. We controlled the first half expertly. If anything, his substitutions could have been done a little earlier but that's always been a Poch issue.

I hope he fucking slaughtered them players at the full time whistle. Who they think they are with that show of arrogance and complacency is beyond me. That wasn't a Pochettino team performance that second half.
Taking off two goal scores in Son and Llorente when we were one goal down and bringing on Dembele was strange.
GKN has not scored and Eriksen came on too late.
He got it wrong tonight but am very keen on Poch.

Seen some folks really slating Pochettino for this. That side was stronger than I actually expected and it was definitely the fault of the players in that 2nd half. No, the substitutions weren't the greatest, but it wasn't Poch's fault we let in 3 goals. That was on the players MUCH more than Pochettino.

It was Poch's "fault" because he has instilled a mentality that the League and the Champions League are the only thing that matter. This is a good thing. No one really cares about the domestic cups anymore. I think the FA Cup should only be considered a major trophy if it was won before Sky came along. I think the League Cup gained in importance due to the Heysel ban and without that it may have been dispensed with by now. I think a lot of supporters are still viewing the domestic cups from a 1980's perspective and haven't adjusted to the new reality.

So I don't think we'll ever see the same intensity in domestic cup games while Poch is here until maybe the quarter or semi final stage, and I'm not too fussed about that because we very rarely put in league displays lacking in intensity, and this season also in the CL. If we tried to match that intensity in every domestic cup game, we'd burn ourselves out pretty quickly. I think Guardiola is gonna put everything into winning every trophy and I think it might be his undoing.

its a good enough cup for Jose and Pep to try to win, but not good enough for us ?
Poch is a fool, we will not win the CL,
he has just reinforced spurs are spursy and we are a 1 man team
I don't have a problem with the team he picked, my beef is he was not on the touchline trying to push the players,
in first half we were in second or third gear, before they scored you could see they were on top, he did nothing, he stayed on his sit until 70ish min and they had scored 3 goals
they are players there we won't plat now till fa cup game
there are players who know that cup is their chance of 90mins football (not being subbed on/off)
and what do Dele Toby and Rose now think, "why should I bother, Poch doen't care"

its a good enough cup for Jose and Pep to try to win, but not good enough for us ?
I don't have a problem with the team he picked, my beef is he was not on the touchline trying to push the players,

in first half we were in second or third gear, before they scored you could see they were on top, he did nothing, he stayed on his sit until 70ish min and they had scored 3 goals
there are players who know that cup is their chance of 90mins football (not being subbed on/off)
and what do Dele Toby and Rose now think, "why should I bother, Poch doen't care"

Jose tries to win it, does he? Pep does, aye? Why's that, because they happened to win their games?

They played weakened sides, just like Poch. There's not a lot of difference to how the three managers approached the games. The only difference is the outcome.

City needed extra time and penalties to beat fucking Wolves.

Mourinho won against a weakened fucking Swansea.

You are the fool here, kid.

One man team? How many goals did Dele, Eriksen and Son score last season?
Think before you drink, before you drive me mad!!

Back
Top Bottom