Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

DMwshXNXUAIRWHo.jpg:large
The Mauricio Pochettino Team.

Pochettino accuses Man United, Mourinho of unsettling Dier - Football365

Lots of in house stuff coming out of this book, Im sure it will divide opinions.

Personally I think the timing is another Poch masterstroke. Amid all the rumours about all our players leaving we now get snippets from his book, where he shows everybody who exactly is in charge.

Walker he let go, nothing to do with "City´s mightiness". Dier he put in his place, and told Utd to fuck off.

Very clever, and not a whiny interview needed to reveal anything. The players know their behaviour behind the scenes will be known to everyone now too.

Lots of in house stuff coming out of this book, Im sure it will divide opinions.

Personally I think the timing is another Poch masterstroke. Amid all the rumours about all our players leaving we now get snippets from his book, where he shows everybody who exactly is in charge.

Walker he let go, nothing to do with "City´s mightiness". Dier he put in his place, and told Utd to fuck off.

Very clever, and not a whiny interview needed to reveal anything. The players know their behaviour behind the scenes will be known to everyone now too.
I’m divided.
:walkercry:

I agree sammy. I wonder if the timing / introduction of this book is partly designed to ward off any interest in our players in the summer. It's interesting that its come about after the Walker issue and the Rose interview.

got to say I did worry that he never had a plan b, but last year and more this season he shows he is now thinking outside the norm, Dele playing that deeper role today, the formation on Tuesday
well done Poch

He's learnt from Liverpool away last season - we needed to adapt from playing on the front foot all the time, we were getting sucker-punched a lot previously.

What about Sissoko?
what about him?
I'd still sell him in the next couple of windows, and whilst I'm prepared to admit he has improved, I still don't believe he is good enough for our club with its present squad. We should be looking for better players, and lets face it - when Wanyama, Dembele and Lamela are back and if we have a fit squad - he will be a benchwarmer at best.
I'm not embarrassed about that opinion in the slightest

I still don't believe he is good enough for our club with its present squad

Even though he has proven to be good enough? Dembele and Wanyama have been out, we sit joint second, we drew away at Real Madrid and thats been with Sissoko standing in.

How is he not good for the squad? Because our first choices are better?

Point is, some people didnt want Poch, some wanted LVG or like me, De Boer.
Hindsights a wonderful thing....difference is, most can admit they got it wrong about Poch.....

Even though he has proven to be good enough? Dembele and Wanyama have been out, we sit joint second, we drew away at Real Madrid and thats been with Sissoko standing in.

How is he not good for the squad? Because our first choices are better?

Point is, some people didnt want Poch, some wanted LVG or like me, De Boer.
Hindsights a wonderful thing....difference is, most can admit they got it wrong about Poch.....
Dont be such an arse
I'm entitled to my opinion - you fought long and hard to maintain your opinion of Alli - "he's shit!" I have explained why I think Sissoko is not up to standard, and unless he starts influencing games in a positive way - beyond bollocking up field with the ball at his feet before he loses control, or hits a missed pass, then I'm not about to change my mind. He is a big brute of a man who can be disruptive and difficult to get by, and he's hard to knock off the ball - and he stands out as average at best, amongst a team of talented footballers who can play and pass their way out of trouble.

I'm pleased for you, that you get pleasure out of watching him play, I really am, I have other players in the team that give me a similar feeling when I watch them play. We all enjoy the team performance and results, and I enjoy watching my favourite players, just like you do - we just have different ones. Not sure why its a problem to you.

As I said before, I would love to see him metamorphose into a beautiful butterfly - why on earth wouldn't I, he's a Spurs player!

Must admit I’m not sure I like all this in house stuff coming out in the book. Don’t get me wrong, I would buy it in a heart beat - my curiosity will get the better of me.

But I just feel some things are just not meant for us to know about, and are best dealt with internally.

He's learnt from Liverpool away last season - we needed to adapt from playing on the front foot all the time, we were getting sucker-punched a lot previously.
I think the Dortmund game was key, I'm not sure what the tactics were going into that game but I believe that coming out of it he found a whole new way of dealing with pressing teams, something that's been our Achilles heel for the last few seasons.

"he's shit!"
Ironic how similar you are to The Dane.

If saying Dele has been shit in some games means he's a shit player to you then that explains your hysterics at any critique he gets.

How's this. Kane has been shit in some games. Jan too, Eriksen too, Lloris too.

Maybe you missed my thread where I called them all world class though.

I would say grow up Mick.....but you're 60 odd. At least The Dane is a kid

Must admit I’m not sure I like all this in house stuff coming out in the book. Don’t get me wrong, I would buy it in a heart beat - my curiosity will get the better of me.

But I just feel some things are just not meant for us to know about, and are best dealt with internally.

YOU THINK POCH IS A SHIT MANAGER THEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ironic how similar you are to The Dane.

If saying Dele has been shit in some games means he's a shit player to you then that explains your hysterics at any critique he gets.

How's this. Kane has been shit in some games. Jan too, Eriksen too, Lloris too.

Maybe you missed my thread where I called them all world class though.

I would say grow up Mick.....but you're 60 odd. At least The Dane is a kid
touched a nerve then, did I?
you always get petty and abusive when your failings are pointed out to you
You seem desperate to prove me wrong because I am not a massive fan of Sissoko - but at least I justify why I feel that way.
and I'm nothing like him, because I don't slate the club, manager and its performances on every thread.
But I do critique the players I don't feel will not make it or survive, and put reasons why in my posts

I don't simply say everything is shit.

So who is the immature poster then Sammy?

I liked you when you came back after your massive shit fit, you were approachable and reasonable - now it seems you want to fight everyone again.

PS - I wasn't having a go at you for complaining about any players drop in standards in a game - but simply the mindless and inarticulate manner that you did it.

touched a nerve then, did I?
you always get petty and abusive when your failings are pointed out to you
You seem desperate to prove me wrong because I am not a massive fan of Sissoko - but at least I justify why I feel that way.
and I'm nothing like him, because I don't slate the club, manager and its performances on every thread.
But I do critique the players I don't feel will not make it or survive, and put reasons why in my posts

I don't simply say everything is shit.

So who is the immature poster then Sammy?

I liked you when you came back after your massive shit fit, you were approachable and reasonable - now it seems you want to fight everyone again.

PS - I wasn't having a go at you for complaining about any players drop in standards in a game - but simply the mindless and inarticulate manner that you did it.

Fight everyone? I'm getting between 5 and 20 pos reps on many of my posts (which isn't internet bragging rights, just proof that you are a liar)
Im not the one walking around the forum with a yellow card hanging around my neck like a leper sign.

Anyway its really boring and I'm on a high this week.

Knock yourself out Mick, I really don't care

Last edited:
Fight everyone? I'm getting between 5 and 20 pos reps on many of my posts (which isn't internet bragging rights, just proof that you are a liar)
Im not the one walking around the forum with a yellow card hanging around my neck like a leper sign.

Anyway its really boring and I'm on a high this week.

Knock yourself out Mick, I really don't care
:pochfacepalm:

Back
Top Bottom