Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Having Maradona as a guest yesterday would've been a serious privilege for Poch and the rest of the Argentines at our club. Will only further cement their love for our club.
Maradona is a living God in Argentina for much of the population. Us Brits really don't have a comparable equivalent* in sporting or cultural terms. Only Che Guevara would trump him for the Argies.

(*Spot vacant for Kane)

Having Maradona as a guest yesterday would've been a serious privilege for Poch and the rest of the Argentines at our club. Will only further cement their love for our club.
Maradona is a living God in Argentina for much of the population. Us Brits really don't have a comparable equivalent* in sporting or cultural terms. Only Che Guevara would trump him for the Argies.

(*Spot vacant for Kane)

Yeah, our sporting icons are knobheads like Andy Murray and Lewis Hamilton :pochrolleyes:

(*Spot vacant for Kane)
Eddie the Eagle
Maurice Flitcroft
Anthony Gardner

(*Spot vacant for Kane)

Well kind of. Che and Maradona are kind of divisive figures. Although no one can deny Diego's skill, that doesn't excuse him for being a cunt, and he can be a massive one.

Well kind of. Che and Maradona are kind of divisive figures. Although no one can deny Diego's skill, that doesn't excuse him for being a cunt, and he can be a massive one.
No doubt he has his detractors.

To be honest, my observation might be outdated, has his legend faded somewhat in the last decade?

No doubt he has his detractors.

To be honest, my observation might be outdated, has his legend faded somewhat in the last decade?

There are many that still regard him as a saint, but with the rise of Messi and Maradona's constant fuck ups. Yes, I would say that his legend is not quite what it used to be.

Pochettino has only one thing left to do to be considered as one of the best 3/5 managers in Europe. He has to win either PL or CL.
Was thinking about this when I saw the rankings of votes for Manager of the year... Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Ranieri win it last year for winning the league with Leicester?

I raise that point because, funnily enough, I think if we won the league with Poch after the way we've developed in the last two seasons - there wouldn't actually be that 'surprise' factor that got the European lot voting for King Claudio.TM

So even then, I reckon Poch would be overlooked.
:pochrolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom