Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ahhh just that little thing
Your suggestion of pressure was because he is our only forward and the burden of getting goals was down to him?
(blaming Poch/Levy) I disagree- My guess would be that he is embracing the mantle of being our number one forward.

Others in the team need to step up and start scoring to take some responsibility away from him. Mason did fine on Sunday.

Your suggestion of pressure was because he is our only forward and the burden of getting goals was down to him?
(blaming Poch/Levy) I disagree- My guess would be that he is embracing the mantle of being our number one forward.

Others in the team need to step up and start scoring to take some responsibility away from him. Mason did fine on Sunday.

You know my opinion now, no more to add

Poch hasn't convinced.

Youth promoter? Seen none of it.
Still think he's a fucking fraud of a manager.
The only reason he can't go is because yet another stupid transition season, though, even with him, it's absolutely the same.
Just out of interest... who in current foitball do you see as a NON-fraudulent manager (who we could conceivably get/who would come)??? Honest question.

Just out of interest... who in current foitball do you see as a NON-fraudulent manager (who we could conceivably get/who would come)??? Honest question.

Diego Simeone!
Not sure of spelling should I get corrected!

We scored a lot of second half goals, we're they deserved? That's for peoples opinion, but the performances, passing, tempo, was the same as the first half performances....generally shite
no no no. poch deserves all the credit.
at half time he said play shite & then u my little dane, u score a last min winner.

people are really changing history now.

from last minute winners gang to 2nd half kings!

people are really changing history now.

from last minute winners gang to 2nd half kings!

And dont forget:

We played well against Sunderland and they never troubled us (them hitting the post and bar didnt happen)

Leicester cheated us by parking the bus and we smashed them and deserved more

Stoke capitulation was ok because we were good up until we folded and the subs were good that day and had nothing to do with the swing in the game

We dominated Utd away (not just had a good opening 20 minutes)

Everton was the normal standard of play for us

Gotta say, Poch got the subs (and the timing of those subs) spot on today.

Eriksen provided the killer pass to Son, and besides, we could all see Chadli needed replacing...
Son got his deserved ovation and N'Jie got a taste of WHL...
Lamela did well, but Carroll helped shore things up for the final 7-8 mins.

All 3 subs just felt 'right'... know what I mean?
Very good Poch... very good Poch. :pochsmirk:

The call to give Dier the defensive midfield position looks better for every game. He is a monster there. Poch stood alone against the fans when he made that decision. It does look like he is spot on...

There seems to be a fair bit of negativity in regards to Poch on this thread and it genuinely makes me question what the hell some Spurs fans expect from the team. Do you expect to win the league? In my opinion Poch is finally starting to do the following things

1. Sure up our previously terrible defence
  2. Re-structure the squad from getting all the shit out and replacing them with the youth and new signings which look like they are starting to gel
  3. We actually create opportunities in matches
  4. We are beginning to get an identity again
At the start of this season I dropped all expectations of the top 4 etc etc and just watched each game as it comes and I can say I've enjoyed every moment of our season so far and can't wait to see how this team develops. We have lost one game this season from an own goal and you could make an argument for us winning every other game. Another dominant performance today and a deserved win.

Have some faith people!

Back
Top Bottom