Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

There seems to be a fair bit of negativity in regards to Poch on this thread and it genuinely makes me question what the hell some Spurs fans expect from the team. Do you expect to win the league? In my opinion Poch is finally starting to do the following things

1. Sure up our previously terrible defence
  2. Re-structure the squad from getting all the shit out and replacing them with the youth and new signings which look like they are starting to gel
  3. We actually create opportunities in matches
  4. We are beginning to get an identity again
At the start of this season I dropped all expectations of the top 4 etc etc and just watched each game as it comes and I can say I've enjoyed every moment of our season so far and can't wait to see how this team develops. We have lost one game this season from an own goal and you could make an argument for us winning every other game. Another dominant performance today and a deserved win.

Have some faith people!
Well said that man

And dont forget:

We played well against Sunderland and they never troubled us (them hitting the post and bar didnt happen)

Leicester cheated us by parking the bus and we smashed them and deserved more

Stoke capitulation was ok because we were good up until we folded and the subs were good that day and had nothing to do with the swing in the game

We dominated Utd away (not just had a good opening 20 minutes)

Everton was the normal standard of play for us
1) Sunderland troubled us once and that was the Defoe chance. Them hitting the bar was a good shot by Rodwell but not a good chance. On the whole i would say it was an even game.

2) Leicester didn't cheat us but they didn't play that well either. Think a draw was a fair reflection of the game.

3) We shouldn't have let Stoke get into the game. They started looking dangerous from the 60th minute but it was a stupid mistake that let them into the game.

4) We player better than United.

5) Very good games against Everton, Palace and 60 minutes against Stoke...good game against United...i would say that our usual standard of play this season has been closer to the Everton game then it is Sunderland or Leicester.

1) Sunderland troubled us once and that was the Defoe chance. Them hitting the bar was a good shot by Rodwell but not a good chance. On the whole i would say it was an even game.

2) Leicester didn't cheat us but they didn't play that well either. Think a draw was a fair reflection of the game.

3) We shouldn't have let Stoke get into the game. They started looking dangerous from the 60th minute but it was a stupid mistake that let them into the game.

4) We player better than United.

5) Very good games against Everton, Palace and 60 minutes against Stoke...good game against United...i would say that our usual standard of play this season has been closer to the Everton game then it is Sunderland or Leicester.

What matters is the result, unless the ref is a wanker, so we deserved the results we have got.

Palace has been the only game so far this season (didn't see Everton game) where we have actually played something resembling a philosophy. Probably the best game since the Chelsea/WBA/Woolwich back at the start of the year. Even the Liverpool game we lost we still had a shred of whatever Pochettino is supposedly doing.

Most of the rest have been headless chicken drab.

What matters is the result, unless the ref is a wanker, so we deserved the results we have got.

Palace has been the only game so far this season (didn't see Everton game) where we have actually played something resembling a philosophy. Probably the best game since the Chelsea/WBA/Woolwich back at the start of the year. Even the Liverpool game we lost we still had a shred of whatever Pochettino is supposedly doing.

Most of the rest have been headless chicken drab.
Against Stoke and United you didn't think we played well?

Apologies as this wont be the favorite post of you guys, but please anyone tell me something so I can fall out of love with him? He's growing in me so fast almost seeing his face floating in front of me while driving! Why is he so hot :pochfacepalm:

I think I've gone mental... Sorry.
Oh and fortunately I'm a girl, a married one thou.

Manboobs-177x300.jpg

satisfied?

That's it for me with this guy . He came out with all this bollox before hand about how big a game the nld is and how much the players want to win this cup after coming so close last year and then he goes and fields a side like that , if your gonna disrespect our tradition and effectively throw a game against our biggest rivals , at least have the balls to be honest about it

From what I have heard, Poch is a world class coach. Which really explains the improvement of all our young players. But I am starting to question how good a manager he is. Is being a great coach enough? For me it is until someone comes forward thats as good a coach but a better manager

Surprised me with the line up. Ended up playing better than Woolwich as a whole but couldn't find the back of the net. On another day we may have won.

We will meet Woolwich again. We will learn from our mistakes and we will finish them off.

What do you have to say really we know how hard 4th will be and we look miles from that it's just a blag from him he has mugged the fans off really do we ever go anywhere not seen it bored of the shit to be fair

Back
Top Bottom