Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not Harry Kane who has Soldado'd a few chances this season?

If we had signed someone we could play in order to give Kane a well deserved rest and take some of the pressure off him. One season, and now he´s supposed to carry an entire squad. In four competitions.

Yeah, lets blame Kane for having a dip and being fatigued and not the club for thinking it was ok not to sign him a partner.

Maybe he will get a rest tomorrow, and one of our ELEVEN attacking mids can play striker.

Not Harry Kane who has Soldado'd a few chances this season?
Agreed. It's not that the chances haven't been there. It's just profligacy from people who were scoring the same chances last year (Kane & Chadli has got off to an absolute stinker too) & eriksen hasn't played any part yet. If we had bought a striker (& FWIW I think we should have) there would still be no guarantee of him putting away the chances. The ones who definitely would are few & far between, out of our price range &/or would not come to a team notnplaying in the Champions League. Defensively we are improving. It's not like we aren't creating opportunities going forwards. Kane will find his scoring boots soon & we are scoring from other areas. That's no bad thing. If glorious chances aren't being converted then I can't see how it's anything the manager is doing wrong. In fact his substitutions made a difference when we weren't breaking Sunderland down at the weekend. So he changed things & it worked. It's too early in the season to say how good/bad the season will be. If we are tailing off after a dozen games then it may be time to start worrying.

I thought he had a squad brimming with all his choices now and had weeded out the deadwood and bad seeds?
Wasnt it Poch that said its fine because Chadli and Lamela can play striker and he´s happy with the squad?

We didnt sign a striker, and its not seen as an issue by the club.

So numerous wasted chances in front of goal are indeed the fault of the manager, and the chairman.
And first of all, the fault of the players missing the net.

And first of all, the fault of the players missing the net.

One week before the Everton game, Kane was taken off for being exhausted. Then he´s forced back into again because of terrible planning. I dont blame him whatsoever.
Its bad club management.

We all know full well Kane is more than capable of burying the chances he´s had. Its a pressure he shouldnt be under.

I know some of you struggle to get Poch´s ball bag off your tonsils, but when it comes to digging out an academy legend over him, I think you are going a bit too far.

One week before the Everton game, Kane was taken off for being exhausted. Then he´s forced back into again because of terrible planning. I dont blame him whatsoever.
Its bad club management.

We all know full well Kane is more than capable of burying the chances he´s had. Its a pressure he shouldnt be under.

I know some of you struggle to get Poch´s ball bag off your tonsils, but when it comes to digging out an academy legend over him, I think you are going a bit too far.
It's not only Kane who has missed sitters.

It's not only Kane who has missed sitters.

Kane was involved with the winner too.

He was part of that beautiful move through the middle with Mason and Lamela. Going through the middle is something we have lacked so it's great we are making headway scoring in ways that are un Spurslike. Eg scoring from corners and through the middle.

Trippier is a squad player? I thought he was going to start this season. I must have read it wrong.

I hope Trippier can break into the first team and expect a good display from him tomorrow. Walker needs to be pushed to raise his game. He's gone backwards over the past 2 seasons, maybe because of his injury, but that's no longer an excuse.

Kane was involved with the winner too.

He was part of that beautiful move through the middle with Mason and Lamela. Going through the middle is something we have lacked so it's great we are making headway scoring in ways that are un Spurslike. Eg scoring from corners and through the middle.

Kane was involved but it was Lamela inspired together with Mason!

Lamela has to start centre AM tomorrow!

:lamelashock:

He will probably just start the same team that finished at Sunderland, with little to no consideration of the new opposition.

He'll have to leave out whoever gets crocked or is spent after tomorrow night too. Master plan of course.

For me, tomorrow, Sunday and scum next week is now a mini-run to see how he goes compared to the cup final 10-14 days which I think was a total carve up. I appreciate we have a few injuries but that was going to happen at some point, the squad should have been put together to deal with that.

What preasure, other than the standard he set himself last season. Hes had chances and failed to score. It will turn around for him but nothing like last season. Defenders are wary of him so makes his game much more difficult.

Poch hasn't convinced.

Youth promoter? Seen none of it. Milos V frozen out for no apparent reason.

Presser? Seen it once to twice every six months.

Subs? Generally despondent.

Still think he's a fucking fraud of a manager. The only reason he can't go is because yet another stupid transition season, though, even with him, it's absolutely the same.

Poch hasn't convinced.

Youth promoter? Seen none of it. Milos V frozen out for no apparent reason.

Presser? Seen it once to twice every six months.

Subs? Generally despondent.

Still think he's a fucking fraud of a manager. The only reason he can't go is because yet another stupid transition season, though, even with him, it's absolutely the same.
Dier moved to DM to universal praise? Kane last season winning young player of the year & becoming hot property? Rose becoming a highly rated left back with interest from the Chavs? Mason becoming a regular? Yep, His youth promotion & development is shite.

Who would you bring in to replace this fraud? Serious question

Back
Top Bottom