Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is it just me, or have you ever seen Pochettino make a sub, and you think..
"That's a really good sub!"
Because for me, that's never the case. (Or most of the time)
To then see a statistic from last season that, Kane's free kick against Villa was the ONLY time a substitute came on and scored. That is just dreadful.
Poch seems to have a good plan A, but no plan B.
These players can run around for 90 minutes, if there's nothing wrong with them, and everything is working don't take them off, unless its crucial.
Obviously Kane looks to have picked up a knock on his ankle, but don't bring on Lamela in his place.
Bentaleb has been a bit off in the last couple of games, bring him on and look what happens.
I'm not saying its straight up Bentaleb and Lamela's fault, but it seems like a pretty focal point on where it all went tits up. Obviously Ireland played a massive role in their comeback as well but we shouldn't be throwing away a 2 nil lead with 15 minutes to go.

And rant over. Apologies.
:dier:

Genuine question, but who would you have brought on at the time with Kane's injury?

I didn't really see another option at the time due to our paper thin forward line.

Genuine question, but who would you have brought on at the time with Kane's injury?

I didn't really see another option at the time due to our paper thin forward line.
Its not easy seeing how we didn't have the best options at that point, but I think Alli wouldn't have been a bad shout, he definitely showed promise in pre-season. We weren't looking for goals, so someone just to add to the central midfield would have been better in my opinion that someone who I think gives the ball away way too often.
The real problem here is that we still haven't bought a genuine striker to rotate with Kane.
But hey what do I know I'm not a manager :unsure:

I personally think he is clueless. His eyes are too close together. He's on the spectrum. One up front? At home?

Does he not know what we expect? I would rather lose than watch this insipid shit. We are not some also rans....well we are but I at least want to see something. We are not Stoke.

Boring shit. He's only got the gig because he's a yes man.

We have to keep him because of Teflon Dans ethos ( that was mine btw ) teflon Dan has to keep him.

But he is shit. Boring shit. One up front. Against Stoke. At home. Again?

Really?

He stays we need stability.
Toby did the bad tackle not poch.
Kane, Mason, Eriksen, Chadli all had great chances. we have had a lot more chances inside the 18, more than enough to win.
Bentaleb who was awesome last yr has started very flat - why personal issues ? anyways the way he let stoke jst pass him by for the second goal was not something we saw last yr.
Give poch some space.

I love this mantra "he has no plan B"
like we have a top 5 team of substitutes, who will come on and cure everything or knock in a hat trick

D'oh - if they could do that - they would be starters

Q. So MP - whats your plan A? - "you see the way we play, that's plan A"
Q. whats your plan B - "Oh I deploy 10 substitutes and reorganise the entire team tactics to play in a way that I think is unsuitable to win"
Q. Why would you do that? - "So I can make unqualified, self opinionated fans with little or no common sense like me."
Good call.

I love this mantra "he has no plan B"
like we have a top 5 team of substitutes, who will come on and cure everything or knock in a hat trick

D'oh - if they could do that - they would be starters

Q. So MP - whats your plan A? - "you see the way we play, that's plan A"
Q. whats your plan B - "Oh I deploy 10 substitutes and reorganise the entire team tactics to play in a way that I think is unsuitable to win"
Q. Why would you do that? - "So I can make unqualified, self opinionated fans with little or no common sense like me."
Good call.

You stupid worthless cunt.

Go and troll our armed services. oh you can't. You're banned.

I thought you had me on ignore you utter, utter cunt.

Anyone that replies to you in less than the nagative is a twat.

fuck off you add nothing worthless cunt.

At the moment he can't. There's no-one to put up there with Kane. Things may change if Berahino arrives.

I'm more than willing to give him time considering the amount of ''fresh starts'' we've had.

Maybe mate...maybe

And we have to give some idiot some time or teflon Dan looks a massive, massive imcomptetant.

I ponder who wins that battle.

Was a bit pissed off when we signed pochettino purely because of the amount of games Southampton didn't win when they should have. I'm still not sold on him but love the fact he's brave in blooding youngster's and his players seem to adore him

You stupid worthless cunt.

Go and troll our armed services. oh you can't. You're banned.

I thought you had me on ignore you utter, utter cunt.

Anyone that replies to you in less than the nagative is a twat.

fuck off you add nothing worthless cunt.
Easy tiger :)
Come on pal, you're better than that

I personally think he is clueless. His eyes are too close together. He's on the spectrum. One up front? At home?

Does he not know what we expect? I would rather lose than watch this insipid shit. We are not some also rans....well we are but I at least want to see something. We are not Stoke.

Boring shit. He's only got the gig because he's a yes man.

We have to keep him because of Teflon Dans ethos ( that was mine btw ) teflon Dan has to keep him.

But he is shit. Boring shit. One up front. Against Stoke. At home. Again?

Really?

We actually played some really nice football on Saturday. Two well worked goals, Butland made at least 2 good saves (from Mason and Kane). Nothing out of this world, but I thought it was an improvement on last season. I'm sure if we played 4-4-2 with two wingers and two out and out strikers and lost 3-0 because we were too open defensively you'd have a little moan as well.

Everyone has forgotten about this because we fell apart in the last 20 minutes. Yes this was partly because of the subs so the manager has to take the blame along with the individual mistakes made for the goals. He's not flawless as a manager this much is obvious and I'll definitely say he needs to improve on what we have seen so far.

I would not have brought on Erik to replace a tiger like Mason midfield. We were starting to get battered. You don't bring on Lamela in that instance.

We were 2 goals up. Bringing on another striker was not needed since Poch put Chadli up front instead of Kane. Taking off Kane does weaken the spine. Then Poch weakened it even more putting Erik in the midfield.

That is up there with him using Chiriches in defense last season. He seems to have a blind spot to some players ability off the ball.

We actually played some really nice football on Saturday. Two well worked goals, Butland made at least 2 good saves (from Mason and Kane). Nothing out of this world, but I thought it was an improvement on last season. I'm sure if we played 4-4-2 with two wingers and two out and out strikers and lost 3-0 because we were too open defensively you'd have a little moan as well.

Everyone has forgotten about this because we fell apart in the last 20 minutes. Yes this was partly because of the subs so the manager has to take the blame along with the individual mistakes made for the goals. He's not flawless as a manager this much is obvious and I'll definitely say he needs to improve on what we have seen so far.

It was amazing. I was so happy in the match thread that he went with power/steel for a change. But like you said. Those subs...

Why are fans, 13 months into his reign, still complaining we have no width? Our full backs are supposed to provide width with our attackers flowing all over the place.

Our attackers are flowing and they did an exceptional job of doing so until Kane went off. Unfortunately, Davies isn't a wing backs. I really want to see Trippier and Rose as our wing backs in one game if I'm honest with you, I think they'd both be better suited.

I reckon if you look back through various Match Threads over the last few seasons, under different managers, you will find lots of precedents for what happened in the second half on Saturday.

The common theme is that when another team decides to come at us we never seem to be able to break-up the play and dictate the tempo (#cliche). Instead we go into flappy panic mode. Of course there's a number of causes for this, lack of a true leader on the pitch, no real defensive midfielder, bad substitutions, attitude, no plan b, lasagna etc...

I haven't got the answers but it's an area where we are consistently weak.

Why are fans, 13 months into his reign, still complaining we have no width? Our full backs are supposed to provide width with our attackers flowing all over the place.

Our attackers are flowing and they did an exceptional job of doing so until Kane went off. Unfortunately, Davies isn't a wing backs. I really want to see Trippier and Rose as our wing backs in one game if I'm honest with you, I think they'd both be better suited.

I think we have width in Rose and Trippier. They can easily play on the wing IMO,

But: We scored 2 and could have scored more with this setup. I don't think we need width if Poch's first half is anything to go by. We ragdolled them.

Back
Top Bottom