Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

so what you're saying is that we should start our games with only 8 of our best team, allow the opposition to go 2 up, and then we'll fuck with their heads by stopping the 10 man defence (plan A) chuck on our best players and then try to beat them in the last 1/4 of the game (planB)

No Im saying Stokes subs worked and ours didnt

Obviously Jose was doing a Hughesie yesterday, but just forgot the plan B part
and Arsene was doing it last week against West Ham - but just forgot the Plan B part

Their Plan B´s were clearly ineffective for those games.
More forgivable when you´ve won CLs, Titles, FA cups and doubles though, and dont do poor changes nearly every game.

As you say they were losing with the gameplan he started out with. I would assume he started with Plan A.

He then made substitutions to try and get back in the game. Plan B.

They got back in the game. Plan B worked.

Hilarious that you staunchly defend Poch when people say he has a lack of an effective back up plan, but when Mark Hughs makes changes that our changes cant cope with, and they rescue a point from 2-0 down within the 30 minutes he made the subs, you call it a last desperate throw of the dice.

Arent you a bit old to be of the mentality:

Everything Spurs do good.
Everything other team do bad.

article-0-0C1D461000000578-689_468x482.jpg

Would like to add in your comment, what he is calling a D for desperation ,still at the end u have to have proper subs n plan for that desperation to transform into points.? Isn't that the managers one of the main job to force a change when ur team is struggling? I rarely see that dispersion in poch

The absolute worst part of Poch being our boss has been his substitutions in my eyes. There have been games where we have been crying out for a change or it was so obvious a player needed to go off / come on and he just hasn't done it. Coupled with fuck ups like Saturday its difficult to see it improving any time soon.

Even worse when we know we can't go 3/4 goals up and see out a game regardless.

The absolute worst part of Poch being our boss has been his substitutions in my eyes. There have been games where we have been crying out for a change or it was so obvious a player needed to go off / come on and he just hasn't done it. Coupled with fuck ups like Saturday its difficult to see it improving any time soon.

Even worse when we know we can't go 3/4 goals up and see out a game regardless.
There has also been times where his subs have worked and we've ended up winning - it happens in football. Managers, funnily enough, can make the wrong decisions.

So the squad available is worse, but we havent regressed because the managers have finished below 4th with the worse squad.

Good grief indeed

The performance of the managers we have had since Redknapp has not regressed. From slating Poch and praising Arry I assumed that's what you were trying to say?

If you're saying the quality of our team has regressed I'll agree with you. But for that you can blame Levy/ENIC and not Poch.

The performance of the managers we have had since Redknapp has not regressed.

I said we have regressed. We have.

You have put in your own little factors because you have suddenly realised that you look a tit saying the squad is worse but we havent regressed.

From slating Poch and praising Arry I assumed that's what you were trying to say?
We regressed under AVB and Tim.
AFTER AVB and Tim, we progressed under Poch.
We have still regressed overall since Harry.

If you're saying the quality of our team has regressed I'll agree with you
You would have to be a cunt not to agree

But for that you can blame Levy/ENIC and not Poch.
I have been blaming Levy for that for the last month. Im the one who is demanding signings and the backing of Poch.

Others think its fine because the window is still open. Not me. Been fuming for weeks.

I said we have regressed. We have.

You have put in your own little factors because you have suddenly realised that you look a tit saying the squad is worse but we havent regressed.

We regressed under AVB and Tim.
AFTER AVB and Tim, we progressed under Poch.
We have still regressed overall since Harry.

You would have to be a cunt not to agree

I have been blaming Levy for that for the last month. Im the one who is demanding signings and the backing of Poch.

Others think its fine because the window is still open. Not me. Been fuming for weeks.

Saying we've regressed is vague. The quality of the team? The manager? The way the board deals? Even if you say all of it combined- you can still compare the individual factors and my point is the managerial performances have not regressed.

Read back, in the context of the argument it was very clear I was talking about the manager performance.
You're slagging off Poch and worshipping Harry, implying our manager performances have regressed. Which haven't when you look at the players at their disposal. It's not hard to understand at all.

If you blame Levy and back Poch etc why mention Harry at all when we're discussing Poch's competence? Why go on on a rant about how amazing Harry is? Why not go on about how Levy let us lose those stars with no replacement instead?

Saying we've regressed is vague.
To you maybe...it speaks for itself.
We are not doing as well as we was. We are worse now, than we was then.

The quality of the team?
Regressed

The manager?
Two regressions. Juries out until Poch gets his time

The way the board deals?
Same old shit every season

my point is the managerial performances have not regressed.
The style of football has regressed, as have the league places, so I disagree

Read back, in the context of the argument it was very clear I was talking about the manager performance.
You're slagging off Poch and worshipping Harry, implying our manager performances have regressed. Which haven't when you look at the players at their disposal. It's not hard to understand at all.
I disagree.

If you blame Levy and back Poch etc why mention Harry at all when we're discussing Poch's competence? Why go on on a rant about how amazing Harry is? Why not go on about how Levy let us lose those stars with no replacement instead?
I said we regressed since Harry. I think we have.

Two regressions. Juries out until Poch gets his time

Same old shit every season

The style of football has regressed, as have the league places, so I disagree

I disagree.

I said we regressed since Harry. I think we have.

Managers regressed?
Harry got 4th and 5th place finishes with the best selection of players we've had in decades.
We lost King, VdV, Modric, then AVB got 5th
We lost Bale, AVB/Sherwood combined got 6th

Relative to the players at their disposal AND the strengthening of rivals, no the managerial performances have not regressed.

Nice to say you think the juries still out on Poch after raving about Harry, slagging off Poch WHILST saying we've regressed then making out like the regression is not due to Poch (yet) but Levy.
You know damn well when you said we've regressed since Harry you were basically saying Harry could do a better job than Poch, until it was pointed out what players both had available. Then you claimed you've been blaming Levy- which you have but it's been alongside the Poch slagging off.

Everyone knows what "we've regressed since Harry" means, it means "we should never have sacked Harry for these fancy foreign managers with their silly stats and philosophies and system bollocks etc, Harry got 4th whilst they never could blah blah blah"

You clearly didn't mean, "we've regressed since the 2011-12 season due to ENIC/Levy failing to strengthen the team after key player losses and supporting their managers".

whatever tho, init

Managers regressed?
Harry got 4th and 5th place finishes with the best selection of players we've had in decades.
We lost King, VdV, Modric, then AVB got 5th
We lost Bale, AVB/Sherwood combined got 6th

Yes. Regression.
Position, style of play, players
All regressed

Relative to the players at their disposal AND the strengthening of rivals, no the managerial performances have not regressed.
The managerial performances have regressed due to the poorer players at their disposal and their own poorer managerial approaches, regardless of personell or other teams

Nice to say you think the juries still out on Poch after raving about Harry, slagging off Poch WHILST saying we've regressed then making out like the regression is not due to Poch (yet) but Levy.
Thanks

You know damn well when you said we've regressed since Harry you were basically saying Harry could do a better job than Poch
He did

until it was pointed out what players both had available
I think Harry did a better job than Poch so far, but Pochs time isnt over yet.
Nothing has changed that. Nothing was pointed out. Im aware the players available are poorer.
Im the one saying we´ve regressed.

Then you claimed you've been blaming Levy- which you have but it's been alongside the Poch slagging off.
So what? Levy is shafting Poch, and last season Poch shafted half the squad he did have.
Ive slagged off Poch for poor tactics and lack of rotation. Not for not signing players.
Why dont you understand that.

Everyone knows what "we've regressed since Harry" means, it means "we should never have sacked Harry for these fancy foreign managers with their silly stats and philosophies and system bollocks
Yep, I totally stand by that

Harry got 4th whilst they never could
One didnt...juries out on the other

You clearly didn't mean, "we've regressed since the 2011-12 season due to ENIC/Levy failing to strengthen the team after key player losses and supporting their managers".
Thats part of it, but not all of it, and I never claimed it was the sole reason for our regression.

Ive said it in clear text.
Squad, position, style of football
All regressed

Reasons:
Levy, players and subsequent managers

As was pointed out, our regression isnt defined by who´s responsible.
We are worse off now, and thats that.

Last edited:
Hey sammy, don't you ever get tired?

I do. Fucking exhausted of the back and forth here. Arguing all damn day, like a tug of war. Nothing to show for it.

You don't seem to ever get tired of it.

Back
Top Bottom