Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So you were happy with the way we surrendered in the 2nd when 2-0 up at home to Stoke were you?

And you have the nerve to call me a dullard!

:adelol:

Who are "we"?

Only clueless cunts like you!

We downgraded when TS took over and we've managed to downgrade again with this clown!

Top 4???????

Don't make me fuckin laugh!
:walker-scream:

With Pooch we'll be lucky to get top 10!!

But don't worry come December him and his "philosophies" will be gone but the problem will be that the season will be over!

Levy took a chance with AVB but at least he had achieved something as a manager but this twat?

:levywhoa:

If we finish in the top 10 will you agree to fuck off?

There's a reason so many dullards think they know better than Poch

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning–Kruger_effect

Yet here´s what you had to say regarding Tim

Fair enough if people disagree with how he did certain things (I disagreed with most things ranging from tactics to how he dealt with the media)

What a dullard, disagreeing with most things a PL manager did.

Funny how it was "fair enough" to disagree with certain things Tim did, but if you do that with Poch, it means you think you can do a better job. Mug

Yet here´s what you had to say regarding Tim

What a dullard, disagreeing with most things a PL manager did.

Funny how it was "fair enough" to disagree with certain things Tim did, but if you do that with Poch, it means you think you can do a better job. Mug

List of things people hate on Poch for:

- not playing 442
- not coaching capoue/stambouli/kaboul to become top class players
- inverted wingers
- high press
- playing possession football

Objectively, all ridiculous things.

Whereas going to Anfield with a central midfield of Eriksen and Sig is naive (Tim).

Levy is responsible for his part. Poch for his.

Yesterday, Levy didnt not unbalance the entire team with poor subs. Alli can come on, losing away to Utd, but not winning at home v Stoke?

Crap decision to put Lamela in a defensive role.
Lamela was not in a defensive role any more than any other midfielder was, he was on the right side of midfield with defensive duties.

There was logic to it, Lamela is the best presser in the team, Stoke were holding the ball well it made sense but just didn't pay off and he had a bad game.

List of things people hate on Poch for:

- not playing 442
- not coaching capoue/stambouli/kaboul to become top class players
- inverted wingers
- high press
- playing possession football

Objectively, all ridiculous things.

Whereas going to Anfield with a central midfield of Eriksen and Sig is naive (Tim).

Ahhhhh.

So YOU are the arbitrator of what other people can think is ok and not ok from a manager.

You are perfectly in your rights to "disagree with most things" Tim did....but you decide what those things should be concerning others with Poch.

I agree Levy is partially responsible but the buck stops with the manager!
To what extent?

With Kane off, and no pace up front or a goal threat Stoke didn't have to worry and came forward knowing we couldn't do shit. With no experience in central midfield it was always going to be a huge ask for Dier/Bentaleb to cope.
That is purely down to lack of options.

Lamela was not in a defensive role any more than any other midfielder was, he was on the right side of midfield with defensive duties.

There was logic to it, Lamela is the best presser in the team, Stoke were holding the ball well it made sense but just didn't pay off and he had a bad game.

So we bought Lamela for his "defensive duties" did we

He can't tackle FFS!

Either play him from the start behind Harry or don't bother

A half decent manager/coach would see that!

Oh hang on........

I will let you mull that over and hopefully I wont have to point out how stupid you just made yourself sound.

The logic that he was slightly less shit last week?
Can I question why Stambouli and Capoue were discarded then sold, and why we needed to use Lamela to sure up the midfield? Is that too much for you?
Or was it Levys fault Poch didnt want either of them.

Ahhhhh.

So YOU are the arbitrator of what other people can think is ok and not ok from a manager.

You are perfectly in your rights to "disagree with most things" Tim did....but you decide what those things should be concerning others with Poch.
If we look at what is generally done around the top leagues in football we can draw conclusions about what works and what doesn't. It's not purely speculating, it's educated guessing based on evidence from other teams and history.

Please tell what do you dislike about Poch's tactics specifically?

To what extent?

With Kane off, and no pace up front or a goal threat Stoke didn't have to worry and came forward knowing we couldn't do shit. With no experience in central midfield it was always going to be a huge ask for Dier/Bentaleb to cope.
That is purely down to lack of options.

Agreed it was a huge ask for Dier/Bentelab to cope

Dier isn't a midfielder and Bentelab is completely off the boil as evidenced last week and again yesterday

I will let you mull that over and hopefully I wont have to point out how stupid you just made yourself sound.

The logic that he was slightly less shit last week?
Can I question why Stambouli and Capoue were discarded then sold, and why we needed to use Lamela to sure up the midfield? Is that too much for you?
Or was it Levys fault Poch didnt want either of them.
Yeah Lamela was lame, and not great at United. Doesn't change the fact that last season he had a very high tackle rate and pressed excellently. It's fucking 2 games into the season after his copa america summer.

We didn't use Lamela to shore up the midfield in the way a DM does. He came on to be a wide man protecting his full back. Whether he did that well or not is another issue.

Stambouli and Capoue aren't dynamic enough for the system. Levy got rid because he understands you don't hire a manager who uses a specific system then force him to use players who can't play in it. You don't think these things were discussed in his interview for the head coach role?

Poch's tactics consist of pressing high up the field while giving the ball away in midfield , running around like headless chickens when we don't have the ball and ponderous sideways movement with little penetration when we do have it!

:pocheyes:

Please tell what do you dislike about Poch's tactics specifically?

The fact that since last season, his substitutions have never improved us. In fact, we get worse generally.
I also dont think we have any width.
We discarded all our tough ball winners.
We dont move the ball forward quickly enough in enough games.
We burn out our players.

Remember last season when I was saying we need to rotate for 6 months?

Well 2 games in, and Poch has admitted Kane is knackered...great

So we bought Lamela for his "defensive duties" did we

He can't tackle FFS!

Either play him from the start behind Harry or don't bother

A half decent manager/coach would see that!

Oh hang on........
He can tackle though. His tackle stats last season we very good. 2 bad sub appearances this season doesn't change that.

Back
Top Bottom