Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Anger is new. It's been pretty tough to be angry when we're flying ten miles above any reasonable expectation. What I've been is concerned, and honest about what's happening.

1*DU_6zGOqGX4GQJOVn5NxrQ.png

1*kEAI2kQ73fnZp7CDYH8Yfw.png

It would not be accurate to say that ENIC's leadership has been 15 years of tight-fistedness. Things have sharply changed on that front.

My main gripe with Levy pre-Poch was his inability to stick with a manager.

Maybe there's more devil in the detail still, but doesn't the stadium build ease the 'tension of your concern' somewhat (if that is you don't more broadly see Levy as a crook like some of our more 'excitable' compatriots do)?

We've been saying for a matter of years now; let's just see what diff the stadium can make to our year to year spending, wages etc.. Maybe we have been sold a load of bullshit, but that won't become clear for a while yet.

Yes, more revenue, but also more loan repayments, over-running construction costs, higher operating outgoings, extra Wembley rent and expenses these things didn't magically disappear the moment we got the keys to the new gaff. The TV money hike has no doubt helped massively to keep things fluid in the short term, but we don't suddenly find ourselves cash rich.... As per the figures you provided, I'd like to think (along with likely projections) that the highlighted differences will reduce back to less alarming balance over the coming years.

If Levy sacks Pochettino for failing, he must go too as he should shoulder his share of the blame. If we couldn't invest in the squad because of the stadium or whatever other financial circumstances, then it shouldn't be the case that Poch churning out minor miracles is the baseline expectation.

If Levy sacks Pochettino for failing, he must go too as he should shoulder his share of the blame. If we couldn't invest in the squad because of the stadium or whatever other financial circumstances, then it shouldn't be the case that Poch churning out minor miracles is the baseline expectation.

I'm cool as fuck on that front.... Levy ain't sacking Poch this summer.

Why should Levy go??? That’s ridiculous.

Look at our last away results. While you can blame Levy for lack of investment in the team, those results are just awful.

Not signing anybody in a world cup year was a huge mistake. And I put that on Levy more than Poch.

But losing 13 league games this season is a reflection on the coaching and playing staff first and foremost.

And I say that as a massive fan of Poch and probably not Levy’s greatest fan .......

So what are we saying here?

Our world class players are playing like fucking cunts because they want more money?

And people are backing them?
I’d sack the lot personally if that’s the case

Naive to think anyone in any field would be happy to do their job at below the going rate especially if youve been key to your company progressing , i personally think fatigue is the main reason for the slump rather than professionalism.

That is absolutely fucking shocking. There has to be an underlying reason for shit like this. If it is the manager, he should be sacked. Simple .
If its not the manager ( and I don't think it is) then with who does the buck stop.

Abysmal runs of form like this don't just happen for no reason.

Can't keep chalking it up to being unlucky

That is absolutely fucking shocking. There has to be an underlying reason for shit like this. If it is the manager, he should be sacked. Simple .
If its not the manager ( and I don't think it is) then with who does the buck stop.

Abysmal runs of form like this don't just happen for no reason.

The club always struggles in pressure situations there was no surprises about yesterday other than a feeling of inevitably.

Naive to think anyone in any field would be happy to do their job at below the going rate especially if youve been key to your company progressing , i personally think fatigue is the main reason for the slump rather than professionalism.

You just said it’s naive to think they will be happy to perform and be “under paid”.

Then blame fatigue for lack of effort.

I think people are bending over backwards to defend a certain group of players but the same rules don’t apply to the rest of the team.

Eriksen is not paid enough, but ooor performances are fatigue.
Trippier is over paid as he’s Champo level, but not fatigued, just shit.

Always?

How on earth did we get to a Champions League semi final?
Although real pressure is getting through through semi-fnals or finals.
Or crunch league games like Stamford Bridge in 2016.
I think that's what the poster means. The real crunch games.
Our record in recent decades has been pretty poor in those if we're honest.

Back
Top Bottom