Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If we miss Top 4, I now think there is a danger that Poch gets the sack.

He said it himself before. Even if he overachieved, the goal was Top 4 in the new stadium and when it came down to it, he failed at the last hurdle - the hurdle that mattered the most. The mandate he was given, he has not passed. Is it fair? Obviously not, but he cannot say he succeeded and that's what matters.

Furthermore, this isn't the first time we've imploded. If it's true that Levy was prepared to sign someone in January and Poch refused, it puts even more blame on him- even if Levy is to blame for the farcical summer window. Poch might have screwed up his last excuse. For all the wins, we've had a record amount of losses, and now an away loss streak that's the worst in 15 years. For the CL semis (which we've currently lost and look to go out with a whimper), we've had such an awful run of games. Relegation form with the amount of losses we've racked up.

Of course, that shouldn't mean he gets sacked, but the narrative looks bleak. Sprinkle those throughout the season, and you'd say it was all on Levy's failure to back Poch. Ending the season with it, and unfortunately, people aren't going to say "the WC, no signings and injuries", instead it'll be, "you couldn't manage to win 1 extra game in 15, how can you take us forward?".

It's still in our hands, but it doesn't look like Poch has a clue and that is worrying not only for him, but the club too. I may not have the utmost belief in Poch that some on here do, but he deserved to have had some cash to spend and now it appears that that may never come to pass.

For the Levy lovers, no words. This was on the cards the moment the window closed. The journey was different, the result the same. He's the most overrated, overpaid chairman in world football. Let's hope for a miracle because nothing else will get us over the line.

"Failed"

Past tense?

:avbfu:

Think most of you choose to ignore things Poch got wrong, I hope he doesn't do the same. I'm not for the opinion that he should be sacked, he can learn from his mistakes and stay here, but some things needs to change.

When he came to this club he was famous for bring in youngsters and dit it in the first years, but this season, with a lot of injuries, players exahusted and playing really bad football, he insisted in not give minuts for any youngster and mantain the same players playing bad footbal.

What was he thinking? At some point it was clear this team, almost the same that played today, couldn't beat a farmers team and no changes were made. We have arguably the best academy in England, I cannot believe that if we played Skipp, Roles, KWP in some of this games that we lost to shit teams, they could have made it any worst and we will have less fatigued players for the final games.

I think the issue is our play and how badly we have performed this season generally and since the Burnley game, which began this calamitous run of form.

Pochettino takes the credit when it is dished out so he must accept the criticism.

Whatever messages he is sending out at present they are just looking like or being translated into gobbledygook.

Think most of you choose to ignore things Poch got wrong, I hope he doesn't do the same. I'm not for the opinion that he should be sacked, he can learn from his mistakes and stay here, but some things needs to change.

When he came to this club he was famous for bring in youngsters and dit it in the first years, but this season, with a lot of injuries, players exahusted and playing really bad football, he insisted in not give minuts for any youngster and mantain the same players playing bad footbal.

What was he thinking? At some point it was clear this team, almost the same that played today, couldn't beat a farmers team and no changes were made. We have arguably the best academy in England, I cannot believe that if we played Skipp, Roles, KWP in some of this games that we lost to shit teams, they could have made it any worst and we will have less fatigued players for the final games.
I was thinking he may start Skipp and or KWP in the last few weeks, surprised he didn't. I can't really see what Dier can do Skipp can't do and more.

I think they might have, sammy, but we never got the opportunity.

Martial really hasn't shown enough in the 3+ years he's been at Utd to get hung up over.

Sessengon isn't gonna perform at a higher level than Davie/Rose or Son/Lucas (subject to position) if he was to have joined us last summer. He'd be a proverbial 'development' purchase.

I think the issue is our play and how badly we have performed this season generally and since the Burnley game, which began this calamitous run of form.

Pochettino takes the credit when it is dished out so he must accept the criticism.

Whatever messages he is sending out at present they are just looking like or being translated into gobbledygook.
Let's see what happens if we fail to secure top four which the team is doing it's best to do.

I have one question about Poch.

He has noted in a fair few press interviews that (at least some of) the players have a hard time taking it one game at a time when we go into periods like this. That they go around worrying and thinking about the CL fixtures rather than focusing on the game at hand.

What is he doing to temper this? Why not bring in a sports psychologist to the team that can have talks with the players about this. Poch is a good manager but some things he should be able to delegate. Particularly detail work like this.

I think we occasionally exchange 'agrees' over this.

Can't do any harm and in terms of certain player profiles helping us over the line (i.e. leaders, experience, understated/calm-collected types, shithousers, fearless youth, tough-taklers. etc.) we've been through the lot and yet still seem at odds with 'being favourites' (expectation?).

It may be of little comfort, but it's not exclusive to us (FUCK "SPURSEY!!!!")..... I've lived decades of this shit as an England fan and similarly even though things under Southgate feel better now, I still question whether we're over the hump (See vs Croatia).

Last edited:
If we miss Top 4, I now think there is a danger that Poch gets the sack.

He said it himself before. Even if he overachieved, the goal was Top 4 in the new stadium and when it came down to it, he failed at the last hurdle - the hurdle that mattered the most. The mandate he was given, he has not passed. Is it fair? Obviously not, but he cannot say he succeeded and that's what matters.

Furthermore, this isn't the first time we've imploded. If it's true that Levy was prepared to sign someone in January and Poch refused, it puts even more blame on him- even if Levy is to blame for the farcical summer window. Poch might have screwed up his last excuse. For all the wins, we've had a record amount of losses, and now an away loss streak that's the worst in 15 years. For the CL semis (which we've currently lost and look to go out with a whimper), we've had such an awful run of games. Relegation form with the amount of losses we've racked up.

Of course, that shouldn't mean he gets sacked, but the narrative looks bleak. Sprinkle those throughout the season, and you'd say it was all on Levy's failure to back Poch. Ending the season with it, and unfortunately, people aren't going to say "the WC, no signings and injuries", instead it'll be, "you couldn't manage to win 1 extra game in 15, how can you take us forward?".

It's still in our hands, but it doesn't look like Poch has a clue and that is worrying not only for him, but the club too. I may not have the utmost belief in Poch that some on here do, but he deserved to have had some cash to spend and now it appears that that may never come to pass.

For the Levy lovers, no words. This was on the cards the moment the window closed. The journey was different, the result the same. He's the most overrated, overpaid chairman in world football. Let's hope for a miracle because nothing else will get us over the line.
Just so nobody else wastes spends 5 minutes of their life reading this ^^^, I think you're kind of suggesting that Pochettino goes ...and Levy goes. Excellent. Unless, of course, you don't know what you're thinking?

He's been in coaching or management for ten years or so - ten years in anything is long enough to become an expert. It doesn't take experience to know about a squad refresh, I bet it's there in the coaching courses or any mentor would have told him so at some point.

Let's get Paul Pogba in to run the whole feckin' show!!! :freund:

I was thinking he may start Skipp and or KWP in the last few weeks, surprised he didn't. I can't really see what Dier can do Skipp can't do and more.

Not using Skipp more is my biggest issue with Poch during this run-in, he’s already started PL matches that we won this season, Dier and Wanyama are offering nothing and he still gets overlooked. He’s very unlucky not to be more involved as he is the closest thing we have to Winks at the moment.

This is probably the more apt number to be using:

1*kEAI2kQ73fnZp7CDYH8Yfw.png

That bottom graph is a shocking damnation of just how low down ENIC's list of priorities the football team is.

I have one question about Poch.

He has noted in a fair few press interviews that (at least some of) the players have a hard time taking it one game at a time when we go into periods like this. That they go around worrying and thinking about the CL fixtures rather than focusing on the game at hand.

What is he doing to temper this? Why not bring in a sports psychologist to the team that can have talks with the players about this. Poch is a good manager but some things he should be able to delegate. Particularly detail work like this.
And in the CL games they're worrying about top 4...

He’s fucked up, but you won’t find some people holding him accountable.

Apparently it’s Elaine the copywriter at ENICs fault that Poch thinks Skipp and KWP are total fucking shit.

I mean, he must do right? Because if Trippier and Dier are Champo, yet still miles ahead of the kids....

People can bang on about the squad all they want, the fact is that two players have progressed this season, and 9 have regressed.

Shite is rewarded, when it used to be binned.

So what are we saying here?

Our world class players are playing like fucking cunts because they want more money?

And people are backing them?
I’d sack the lot personally if that’s the case
It could go some way towards explaining why a big club like Spurs, the 10th richest in Europe, struggles to buy players that would immediately improve the team.
We try and do it on the cheap.

Skipp and Walker-Peters just aren't physically strong enough for the PL yet, not sure about Roles as haven't seen enough of him.

I'm sure Amos would have featured a lot more if he hadn't been injured.

It could go some way towards explaining why a big club like Spurs, the 10th richest in Europe, struggles to buy players that would immediately improve the team.
We try and do it on the cheap.

Yeah I’m not talking about signings, I’m talking about the world class players we already have who are performing like Sunday League every week

Honestly think if we lose out on the CL places this season it’ll be worse than the collapse that cost Harry his job.

I’d suggest if we lose out on top four, only a CL win should save Poch’s job.

Back
Top Bottom