Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Skipp and Walker-Peters just aren't physically strong enough for the PL yet, not sure about Roles as haven't seen enough of him.

I'm sure Amos would have featured a lot more if he hadn't been injured.

We are playing players in dog shit form though and have been steadily throwing away top four over the last few months with crap defeat after crap defeat.

Even Brighton was 2 minutes away from a fucking 0-0.

How can Skipp and KWP possibly be worse than what the likes of Trippier and Dier and Dele have offered in so many games?

Looks like he can't reply now anyway. But to answer your question, i respect everyone's opinion. Including his and yours.... Just a shame so many people on here are so closed off to differing views and so hasty to dish out the cards.

So you wouldn’t want to card a cowardly keyboard warrior who disrespected your wife or mother in an obscene manner then?????

Righto

Poch sacked???

Absolute bollocks

Glory awaits on Wednesday and even if we fail let’s be grateful for what we have

We stood up well going down to 9 men

Shows our spirit and that Poch clearly has the dressing room

So. With regards to wages to turnover ratio, we have have the lowest paid players in the Premier League, but the highest paid chairman .

df67f4d938ded94f167b31899d5a832d.gif

Doing it the right way

We are playing players in dog shit form though and have been steadily throwing away top four over the last few months with crap defeat after crap defeat.

Even Brighton was 2 minutes away from a fucking 0-0.

How can Skipp and KWP possibly be worse than what the likes of Trippier and Dier and Dele have offered in so many games?

Well at Palace away in the FA Cup they were - Poch see's these players every day, I trust his judgement.

He was the perfect manager for us 5 years ago, and he's now developed the club to a level for which he's no longer the perfect manager for. Not sure he's got a league title in him, perhaps not ruthless enough. He'll be here next season without question but he'll be a more under the microscope I suspect, in terms of the decisions he makes about signing and retaining players, and ability to get the best out of what he has. This has genuinely been one of the most appalling run of forms I can remember. Title form to relegation form.

Poch sacked???

Absolute bollocks

Glory awaits on Wednesday and even if we fail let’s be grateful for what we have

We stood up well going down to 9 men

Shows our spirit and that Poch clearly has the dressing room

But Baz, didn't you get the newsflash....?

Somewhere between 2.15pm today and now; we already lost the 2nd leg vs Ajax.

Welcome to the aftermath.....

So you wouldn’t want to card a cowardly keyboard warrior who disrespected your wife or mother in an obscene manner then?????

Righto
If he did that then fair enough. I'm only commenting on my own interractions. I prefer not to get involved in others petty squabbles.

Well at Palace away in the FA Cup they were - Poch see's these players every day, I trust his judgement.

I don’t it trust unreservedly though.

That’s why in the the last 4 months we’ve taken 0 points from Burnley, West Ham, Southampton, and Bournemouth and haven’t played well since about December.

People say they trust his judgement and then call Trippier shit. Well is KWP a prospect or not?

Or is he worse than a shit player? Can blame Levy if you want Trippier dropped. He doesn’t pick the team. Ditto Dele....he could easily Ben dropped.

So what are we saying here?

Our investment in the playing squad has been markedly below the industry standard.

It's good news/bad news. The bad news is that we're going to return to the Europa League when the barest level of due diligence would have seen us at least live to see another day as a top four club. The good news is that a Scrooge McDuck swimming pool of money is available to refurbish the squad this summer.

If it doesn't happen it's because we have confiscatory bandits running the club who deserve to be public pariahs who dare not show their face in the gilded palace they used as a cynical ruse to bleed profits out of our football club.

Honestly think if we lose out on the CL places this season it’ll be worse than the collapse that cost Harry his job.

I’d suggest if we lose out on top four, only a CL win should save Poch’s job.
Do you think we could attract a decent manager capable of working off Levy's breadcrumbs though?

I don't

Our investment in the playing squad has been markedly below the industry standard.

It's good news/bad news. The bad news is that we're going to return to the Europa League when the barest level of due diligence would have seen us at least live to see another day as a top four club. The good news is that a Scrooge McDuck swimming pool of money is available to refurbish the squad this summer.

If it doesn't happen it's because we have confiscatory bandits running the club who deserve to be public pariahs who dare not show their face in the gilded palace they used as a cynical ruse to bleed profits out of our football club.

Im not following.....we need 3pts to guarantee top 4 right?
But we lost to Bournemouth. And Burnley. And Southampton. And West Ham.

0 points from 12 against utter shite.

Are you saying that we needed to sign, for example, Rabiot, Martial, Ndombele, DeLigt, Tielemans, Grealish, Sessengon and Wan Bissaka to draw three of those games?

Or God forbid, win one

Im not following.....we need 3pts to guarantee top 4 right?
But we lost to Bournemouth. And Burnley. And Southampton. And West Ham.

0 points from 12 against utter shite.

Are you saying that we needed to sign, for example, Rabiot, Martial, Ndombele, DeLigt, Tielemans, Grealish, Sessengon and Wan Bissaka to draw three of those games?

Any one of them might have done the trick.

The players haven't magically become shit. Poch hasn't become a tactical fool. They've collectively redlined as a result of too many games and too little offseason. The injuries and fatigue and loss of form is EXACTLY what we were all foreseeing in August. The chickens have come home to roost.

I don’t it trust unreservedly though.

That’s why in the the last 4 months we’ve taken 0 points from Burnley, West Ham, Southampton, and Bournemouth and haven’t played well since about December.

People say they trust his judgement and then call Trippier shit. Well is KWP a prospect or not?

Or is he worse than a shit player? Can blame Levy if you want Trippier dropped. He doesn’t pick the team. Ditto Dele....he could easily Ben dropped.

Trippier can be shit and Walker-Peters also not ready to replace him.

Any one of them might have done the trick.

The players haven't magically become shit. Poch hasn't become a tactical fool. They've collectively redlined as a result of too many games and too little offseason. The injuries and fatigue and loss of form is EXACTLY what we were all foreseeing in August. The chickens have come home to roost.

So, to clarify, you think we needed heavy investment to take three points from Burnley, Southampton, West Ham and Bournemouth.

The team that just knocked City out of the CL.

Back
Top Bottom