Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think it was £35m badly spent, sammy. Very badly spent. I do wonder about his eye for a player.

Its badly spent because we didnt get the best out of them. Janssen had just scored 35 goals in a season. I didnt hear anyone moaning about it.......just like no one would moan if we signed Ndombele, an unproven player in a shit league.

Great! a DM!
Two years later when its N'jie Mk3, everyone wants to cunt off the transfer

Its badly spent because we didnt get the best out of them. Janssen had just scored 35 goals in a season. I didnt hear anyone moaning about it.......just like no one would moan if we signed Ndombele, an unproven player in a shit league.

Great! a DM!
Two years later when its N'jie Mk3, everyone wants to cunt off the transfer
I moaned about the Janssen signing tbh.

Again, you dont know who she was.
So you cant judge why he sat there, and if it was strange that he did.

But fuck it, just keep asking the same thing over and over again eh
Sammy, I am not suggesting there was anything wrong with him sitting next to her but that by not sitting next to Levy his boss that maybe just maybe things between them are not as rosy as we are led to believe.

Sammy, I am not suggesting there was anything wrong with him sitting next to her but that by not sitting next to Levy his boss that maybe just maybe things between them are not as rosy as we are led to believe.
said to my lad when we were watching the match that it looked odd Poch was not sitting next to Levy

If I was a manager and had to sit in the stands, there's no way I would sit next to the chairmen when I would be trying to send messages to the bench and sort out tactics, subs, etc.

Both Llorente and Janssen were questionable signings.

Janssen because it means fuck all to score loads of goals for AZ in one season. Stepping up to the Prem is completely different from the dutch league so whilst I could see the logic in going for him, he's essentially been binned after a season.

Llorente whilst having a good record with Swansea was clearly never going to suit the type of football we play, so again a waste of a signing really.

Janssen because it means fuck all to score loads of goals for AZ in one season. Stepping up to the Prem is completely different from the dutch league so whilst I could see the logic in going for him, he's essentially been binned after a season.

Which would make Jan, Eriksen and Dele questionable signings

Which would make Jan, Eriksen and Dele questionable signings

You're nitpicking.

Anyone with eyes can see Janssen is slow, has no mobility and limited technique for a striker.

All those players you mention fit well into the type of football Poch wants to play and are all technical players with a way higher celing than Vinny.

When ever the cameras were on Poch yesterday he was sitting next to an unknown female and not in the seat that was spare next to Levy. If their relationship is good then I find that strange.

he's there to do a job, not on a jolly. Nothing in it, I would have been surprised if he had sat next to Levy all game. Also if they didn't talk because Poch was focusing on the game the media would go ape shit.

nothing to see here... move on

Don't want to be drawn into a slagging match over it as I respect you as both a fan and forum member. My position on him is the same as that of BC. I think it's better to leave it at that than go around in circles for hours, weeks or months, Guido 🇺🇦 Guido 🇺🇦 .

I hear you. I thought we had no business persisting with two up top yesterday when we were being swamped yesterday. And that two was a 3 at times. Son at the tip of a midfield diamond? FML.

Maybe you are right. Poch said we were nervous for the Burnley match, however, which is something I found deeply concerning. If we were nervous at Burnley, does that sound like a bunch of players who believed we had a good shot at winning the league?

It's natural to be nervous when you feel you are in with a shout of something. You are conscious you need to perform. So perhaps not nervous about Burnely but the situation? It's a fine line between, nervous, confidence and arrogance, each of which can trip a team up.

You're nitpicking.

Anyone with eyes can see Janssen is slow, has no mobility and limited technique for a striker.

All those players you mention fit well into the type of football Poch wants to play and are all technical players with a way higher celing than Vinny.

But none of them were seen playing in the PL....just shit leagues.

Janssen didnt look slow and immobile in Holland, he looked like a competent in form striker and if was worth a shot.
Its too easy to say it was a bad signing after it was a bad signing, like Dele was a given to be good from division 3

I would sub CE, see how we get on with 11 players on the pitch giving 100%. Can't see us doing any worse, maybe it will make him wake up a bit. At the moment he is doing nothing more than keeping the ball moving of which there are stacks of players who are capable of that in the team. Would also show that Poch won't take a lack of effort from anyone.

Back
Top Bottom