Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

But none of them were seen playing in the PL....just shit leagues.

Janssen didnt look slow and immobile in Holland, he looked like a competent in form striker and if was worth a shot.
Its too easy to say it was a bad signing after it was a bad signing, like Dele was a given to be good from division 3

Fair point

Zidane and Solsjkaer.

Couldn't have worked out any better for us.

Maybe that was the plan all along:

Spurs having a record breaking season and Poch linked to Man Utd and Real.

Team Meeting: "Right let's just reign it back a bit. Let Man Utd and Real make the wrong calls"

That's all sorted

Team Meeting today in Barca: " Right lads. That's all sorted. Let's win every game to get top 4 and Champions League. Then next season, Ole will be found out, Chavs lose Hazard to Real/Zidane, Dippers can't recover after bottling this year, Woolwich are Woolwich. Middle East goes bankrupt. It'll be between us and Everton, with their summer spending of £500m for the title!"

Both Llorente and Janssen were questionable signings.

Janssen because it means fuck all to score loads of goals for AZ in one season. Stepping up to the Prem is completely different from the dutch league so whilst I could see the logic in going for him, he's essentially been binned after a season.

Llorente whilst having a good record with Swansea was clearly never going to suit the type of football we play, so again a waste of a signing really.

Llornete's been poorly managed.... The fact that he's eventually proved to be productive regardless is testament to him and what he could have contributed if he'd been kept sharp/match-fit.

You're nitpicking.

Anyone with eyes can see Janssen is slow, has no mobility and limited technique for a striker.

All those players you mention fit well into the type of football Poch wants to play and are all technical players with a way higher celing than Vinny.

By the same token, you're cherry-picking based on hindsight then.

Last edited:
Which would make Jan, Eriksen and Dele questionable signings

.....And Sanchez?

.....Maybe Redknapp's 6th sense was in fact correct in not signing Suarez all along?

Thank fuck we won't be getting De Ligt, De Jong and all the other Ajax lads it's currently cool to wank over.

Signings based on potential don't always pan out..... I'm shocked!

In other news: Pope is still catholic.

Zidane and Solsjkaer.

Couldn't have worked out any better for us.
I won't believe that Solskjaer will get the job until it happens. I still think he needs to get United into the CL next season for him to get the full time job.

Everyone in the press lost their shit when PSG made two HUGE errors and a VAR pen enabled United to progress in the CL, but if ever there was a knee jerk moment to him the job it was then and the board didn't do it.

I won't believe that Solskjaer will get the job until it happens. I still think he needs to get United into the CL next season for him to get the full time job.

Everyone in the press lost their shit when PSG made two HUGE errors and a VAR pen enabled United to progress in the CL, but if ever there was a knee jerk moment to him the job it was then and the board didn't do it.

Awww, stop moving the goalposts on the poor little hobbit.

Everybody knows that's for Spurs to suffer; not good ol' lovable yoonited.

Awww, stop moving the goalposts on the poor little hobbit.

Everybody knows that's for Spurs to suffer; not good ol' lovable yoonited.
I like how him literally not shitting himself is apparently enough for the United job. There is a real good chance they get knocked out in the CL in the quarters and then hit a poor run of form in the league (look at their fixture list) and finish 5th/6th with no Europa bailout for the CL. But yes, clearly he's the best man for the job.

To be fair, he was starting in a massive hole so it was a stretch for anyone to drag them into the top 4, and he still may do it. However, he's more tactically naive than Poch was when he took the Spurs job, but apparently he's the new SAF and will lead them to greatness. The funny thing is that if SAF got hired by United today he'd get shit-canned three seasons into it because he DiDn'T WiN TrOpHiEs and United fans would be yelling about Busby or some moronic shit.

In other words, of course United should hire Ole!

I like how him literally not shitting himself is apparently enough for the United job. There is a real good chance they get knocked out in the CL in the quarters and then hit a poor run of form in the league (look at their fixture list) and finish 5th/6th with no Europa bailout for the CL. But yes, clearly he's the best man for the job.

To be fair, he was starting in a massive hole so it was a stretch for anyone to drag them into the top 4, and he still may do it. However, he's more tactically naive than Poch was when he took the Spurs job, but apparently he's the new SAF and will lead them to greatness. The funny thing is that if SAF got hired by United today he'd get shit-canned three seasons into it because he DiDn'T WiN TrOpHiEs and United fans would be yelling about Busby or some moronic shit.

In other words, of course United should hire Ole!

My gut tells me that with the same peripheral figures to call upon, Carrick would have done no worse a job post-Jose. Lets see how he deal with Pogba's next tantrum.

What I find funny is how little scrutiny comes from the Utd fans themselves.... To a man, self-professed football connoisseurs; yet simply happy to have a good-feeling back without considering glaring question marks for the future... Most of these fuckers were swiftly placated by Jose and his 2 trophies less than 12 months ago.

My gut tells me that with the same peripheral figures to call upon, Carrick would have done no worse a job post-Jose. Lets see how he deal with Pogba's next tantrum.

What I find funny is how little scrutiny comes from the Utd fans themselves.... To a man, self-professed football connoisseurs; yet simply happy to have a good-feeling back without considering glaring question marks for the future... Most of these fuckers were swiftly placated by Jose and his 2 trophies less than 12 months ago.
To me its similar to how teams hire a manager to keep them from getting relegated and then make the mistake of keeping that guy around for the next season, only to fire him and bring someone else in to once again stop them from being relegated.

Sometimes the guy that stops a decline isn't the guy you need to take a team to another level.

To me its similar to how teams hire a manager to keep them from getting relegated and then make the mistake of keeping that guy around for the next season, only to fire him and bring someone else in to once again stop them from being relegated.

Sometimes the guy that stops a decline isn't the guy you need to take a team to another level.

Thank fuck we were wise enough not to get on the Sherwood train any longer than absolutely necessary.

Fc0ZVWv.gif

Zinedine Zidane: Real Madrid set to reappoint Frenchman to replace Santiago Solari

Great news. Now believe in the project, be patient and believe in Poch

Zidane and Solsjkaer.

Couldn't have worked out any better
for us.
With the Real Madrid, and possibly the Utd jobs now closed off to Poch for the time being, (if they were ever his in the 1st place) it does have a reminiscent feeling of when Redknapp/Spurs 'went off the boil' a little after NOT getting the England job that he most probably assumed was his...
:harryhmm::harrysmile:
I just wonder if the last 3 weeks' dip in the PL have a little of that scenario about it?
:pochrolleyes::pochunimpressed:

Back
Top Bottom