Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You mean the season he ripped Dortmund to bits at Wembley but kept getting dropped for a dog shite Dele in the PL?
I'm talking about this season. Which season are you talking about?
contributed to 10 goals in 10 games while he stood in though.
Yeah, and I know how many of those goals were scored in the PL, and whether those contributions resulted in clear-cut chances. Big him up as much as you want, sammy. I've no time for caveman football. Can't run, clumsy, can't strike a ball properly, no cleverness in his movement. Panic buy.
And I wouldn’t debate Eriksen either way.
I’ve let him do his talking on the pitch for me.
There are 2 Spurs players I don't like to criticise-and one of them is Eriksen. However, I have been very disappointed with him this season. And as bad as he is-and this is the killing part-I believe he is still laying on on our best chances.

I saw you say that during the game yesterday, Guido 🇺🇦 Guido 🇺🇦 , and I have to take a rest now. I detest Eric Dier. Absolutely detest him. I think he encapsulates everything that has gone wrong with this team. I don't want to talk about it.
But you said (and I agree) that we played better two years ago, when Dier was never dropped. He 100% is limited, his biggest flaw is when he's pressed but when next to a baller he does so much dirty work, positionally there are few better (he doesn't know where to be but he knows when to press or engage, he also organises this with those around him), he also enables us to be tactically versatile too. My favourite midfield was still Wanyama and Dembele though, this was more dynamic.

But you said (and I agree) that we played better two years ago, when Dier was never dropped. He 100% is limited, his biggest flaw is when he's pressed but when next to a baller he does so much dirty work, positionally there are few better (he doesn't know where to be but he knows when to press or engage, he also organises this with those around him), he also enables us to be tactically versatile too. My favourite midfield was still Wanyama and Dembele though, this was more dynamic.
Yes, we were better, but it was nothing to do with him, Guido 🇺🇦 Guido 🇺🇦 . I am not getting into it. I know how much you like him, but he boils my blood.

Stick your neck out, Guido 🇺🇦 Guido 🇺🇦 . Which of our senior players are not doing the business?
I don't know, we are talking mentality here, it's not obvious who. But yesterday, what did Kane do 2nd half? What did Son do? What did Rose do.......you could go through the entire team and lay something at their door at most, but over a season would the same be said of them? No.

As I said earlier, it's a collective this team has been motivated by trying to win the league, this has been their goal, their focus and has taken them far. When that possibility goes how do they (any athlete for that matter) get up for finishing 4th? This is the problem IMO. Chavs, Woolwich and Man U realised months ago they weren't going to win the title, so they have been able to refocus on finishing 4th, that is their goal and has been for many months. We have to find a way to be motivated to finishing above these other teams, that will not be easy. A few weeks ago we thought we were going to shag Angelina Jolie, we are now having to get a hard-on of for Bella Emberg.

Let me jump in and give you one for a start.

One who seemingly has the fans remembering more of 2016/17 than performances this year and who bad things can't be said about.
Again, this is not about ability, it's about mentality. Over the season our mentality is good, so much improved from the past few decades, Poch has instilled this. But in certain games it shows, I'm not talking about games we have dropped points in too, but specifically, games when we are so wide of the mark in performance from one half to another.

He's OK but he isn't the problem.
Don't want to be drawn into a slagging match over it as I respect you as both a fan and forum member. My position on him is the same as that of BC. I think it's better to leave it at that than go around in circles for hours, weeks or months, Guido 🇺🇦 Guido 🇺🇦 .

But yesterday, what did Kane do 2nd half? What did Son do? What did Rose do.......
I hear you. I thought we had no business persisting with two up top yesterday when we were being swamped yesterday. And that two was a 3 at times. Son at the tip of a midfield diamond? FML.
As I said earlier, it's a collective this team has been motivated by trying to win the league, this has been their goal, their focus and has taken them far. When that possibility goes how do they (any athlete for that matter) get up for finishing 4th? This is the problem IMO. Chavs, Woolwich and Man U realised months ago they weren't going to win the title, so they have been able to refocus on finishing 4th, that is their goal and has been for many months. We have to find a way to be motivated to finishing above these other teams, that will not be easy. A few weeks ago we thought we were going to shag Angelina Jolie, we are now having to get a hard-on of for Bella Emberg.
Maybe you are right. Poch said we were nervous for the Burnley match, however, which is something I found deeply concerning. If we were nervous at Burnley, does that sound like a bunch of players who believed we had a good shot at winning the league?

Don't want to be drawn into a slagging match over it as I respect you as both a fan and forum member. My position on him is the same as that of BC. I think it's better to leave it at that than go around in circles for hours, weeks or months, Guido 🇺🇦 Guido 🇺🇦 .

I hear you. I thought we had no business persisting with two up top yesterday when we were being swamped yesterday. And that two was a 3 at times. Son at the tip of a midfield diamond? FML.

Maybe you are right. Poch said we were nervous for the Burnley match, however, which is something I found deeply concerning. If we were nervous at Burnley, does that sound like a bunch of players who believed we had a good shot at winning the league?
We were nervous against Dortmund too. Again mentality???

I guess mentality gets used when it’s not obvious what or where the problem lies.

Regardless, we’ve shown great mentality, scared mentality and an arrogant mentality.

Who’d be a manager?

He’s at it again with his latest interview, he says “top 4 might be the clubs limit, and if it is then decisions need to made.....”
I take away from that statement he believes the club must decide if it actually wants to really compete with the best, if the answer is yes, then great, show me the money and I’ll make it happen.
If the answer is not just now mate, well ok then, thanks for the opportunity Danny boy, but I’m off!!

I'm talking about this season. Which season are you talking about?

Last season when Dele started off shite and Son was on fire every time he came on
Yeah, and I know how many of those goals were scored in the PL, and whether those contributions resulted in clear-cut chances. Big him up as much as you want, sammy. I've no time for caveman football. Can't run, clumsy, can't strike a ball properly, no cleverness in his movement. Panic buy.

Oh sorry, I'll email him and tell him to personally apologise to you for only being able to help us out in the actual fixtures that were on the list. He scored against Chelsea, won the fucking Watford game with a goal and an assist, assisted against Newcastle and Leicester and scored against Dortmund.

I guess you didnt celebrate any of them.....Took 9pts from the 3 PL games he played.
Hows it panned out since he was dropped. This pathetic fucking attitude that losing when Kane scores is better than winning when Llorente scores.

There are 2 Spurs players I don't like to criticise-and one of them is Eriksen. However, I have been very disappointed with him this season. And as bad as he is-and this is the killing part-I believe he is still laying on on our best chances.
So thats your way to address his form?
Make up some fake fantasy about Eriksen creating stuff, say you will never criticise him, all after saying you dont want to debate him.
Win win for you then.

When ever the cameras were on Poch yesterday he was sitting next to an unknown female and not in the seat that was spare next to Levy. If their relationship is good then I find that strange.

Last season when Dele started off shite and Son was on fire every time he came on
All I can tell you is that it has angered me in the past that Dele was guaranteed a starting place.
Oh sorry, I'll email him and tell him to personally apologise to you for only being able to help us out in the actual fixtures that were on the list. He scored against Chelsea, won the fucking Watford game with a goal and an assist, assisted against Newcastle and Leicester and scored against Dortmund.

I guess you didnt celebrate any of them.....Took 9pts from the 3 PL games he played.
Hows it panned out since he was dropped. This pathetic fucking attitude that losing when Kane scores is better than winning when Llorente scores.
Are you suggesting we are in crisis because he's back on the bench?
say you will never criticise him
I said I don't like to criticise him. I didn't say I will not criticise him. And the reason for that is I see him as our most intelligent player. Don't know what the answer to his poor form is. Maybe he is still struggling with that abdominal issue. Maybe he is fed up here and needs a new challenge.

Are you suggesting we are in crisis because he's back on the bench?

No, Im suggesting that Llorente could and should be an established, trusted and competent squad member after two years of integration by now.

Thats on one man alone, and its Poch. Not Levy, Not Llorente, but Poch. Same with Janssen.
The two of them had scored a combined 50 odd goals in their teams the season prior to signing them...Llorente with 15 in the PL.

Poch decided to bin 35M quids worth of strikers, while sticking with Lamela and Sissoko for two years. But not these two? And people foolishly claim we spent no money for the manager.

No, Im suggesting that Llorente could and should be an established, trusted and competent squad member after two years of integration by now.

Thats on one man alone, and its Poch. Not Levy, Not Llorente, but Poch. Same with Janssen.
The two of them had scored a combined 50 odd goals in their teams the season prior to signing them...Llorente with 15 in the PL.

Poch decided to bin 35M quids worth of strikers, while sticking with Lamela and Sissoko for two years. But not these two? And people foolishly claim we spent no money for the manager.
I think it was £35m badly spent, sammy. Very badly spent. I do wonder about his eye for a player.

Back
Top Bottom