Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That’s an incredibly naive statement to make.

They are the wealthiest club in the league when it comes to natural revenue and as long as they can pay 3 times the salaries we can we will be as attractive as them and will always been vulnerable by their advances.

That was the case in 2018 it is still the case in 2019.

As naive as people who said that Kane, Poch, Dier, Toby, Rose, Trippier, Loris, Dele and Jan were all going there and there was nothing Spurs could do about it

:pochfacepalm:

New times.......Utd were clearly sailing under SAFs coat tails for too long. The club itself has fuck all in terms of a model (apart from Posh n Becks)

That’s an incredibly naive statement to make.

They are the wealthiest club in the league when it comes to natural revenue and as long as they can pay 3 times the salaries we can we will be as attractive as them and will always been vulnerable by their advances.

That was the case in 2018 it is still the case in 2019.
And they've used that money so wisely too...

As naive as people who said that Kane, Poch, Dier, Toby, Rose, Trippier, Loris, Dele and Jan were all going there and there was nothing Spurs could do about it

:pochfacepalm:

New times.......Utd were clearly sailing under SAFs coat tails for too long. The club itself has fuck all in terms of a model (apart from Posh n Becks)

Apart from absolutely no one has ever said that. Most of those players haven’t even been linked with them. The likes of Kane and Ali have greater options in terms of Real Madrid and Barcelona.

Again there is no ‘new’ times - the modern game is largely dictated by resources and they have the capacity to remain at the elite level, we do not.

It serves absolutely no purpose living in the realm of fantasy.

Last edited:
And they've used that money so wisely too...

It’s doesn’t make a difference - they have the capcity to waste it we don’t. And for all of their issues they finished above ua last season and are only one place below us now. It takes a special level of delusion to think we are now positioned ahead of a club of Unitied’s a capacity

It’s doesn’t make a difference - they have the capcity to waste it we don’t. And for all of their issues they finished above ua last season and are only one place below us now. It takes a special level of delusion to think we are now positioned ahead of a club of Unitied’s a capacity
Table doesn't lie mate....By the way Danny Kelly will love you...

It’s not a case of owning all of the knowledge - it’s about knowing basic facts, having a basic understanding of the game, about not making breathtaking ignorant statements routed in fantasy rather than reality. A Madrid are ahead of Real in the league - do you really think it would be wrong to claim their supporters to be deluded if they believed they represented a more attractive option than Real? Let’s get real here please.

Apart from absolutely no one has ever said that. Most of those players haven’t even been linked with them. The likes of Kane and Ali have greater options in terms of Real Madrid and Barcelona.

Again there is no ‘new’ times - the modern game is largely dictated by resources and they have the capacity to remain at the elite level, we do not.

The serves absolutely no purpose living in the realm of fantasy.

No new times?
So we are still mid table. Interesting...

Oh, and:
Kieran Trippier: Man Utd favourites to sign England World Cup hero - bookies

Manchester United step up efforts to sign Eric Dier from Tottenham

Manchester United to target full-backs with Danny Rose on shopping list

Man Utd transfer news: Ed Woodward wants Harry Kane deal - and has Tottenham prediction

Dele Alli promised Manchester United transfer

EPL transfer news: Manchester United want Christian Eriksen, Tottenham, Spurs, Liverpool, Chelsea, latest rumours, gossip, 2019

How did that pan out.....how did it pan out with Toby?
But naive melts like you think that we have no control because we sold them Berbatov 11 years ago......stuck in the past mate. Laughable stuff.

So the evidence is links in the Daily Star, Daily Express and the Footballfaithful. Top work. How many official bids for any on those players have their been?

And yes we are midtable - we are mid table in the Deloitte money league and that is what is matters. There is one club that has annual revenues of £557 million and the other with £379 million but according to Sammylogic we now a more attractive proposition to managers and players in a game driven by resources. I guess we will also starting spending more than them as well now we have overtaken them right?

So the evidence is links in the Daily Star, Daily Express and the Footballfaithful. Top work. How many official bids for any on those players have their been?

And yes we are midtable - we are mid table in the Deloitte money league and that is what is matters. There is one club that has annual revenues of £557 million and the other with £379 million but according to Sammylogic we now a more attractive proposition to managers and players in a game driven by resources. I guess we will also starting spending more than them as well now we have overtaken them right?

You seem to have missed the guardian, how convenient. They were just headlines I took, I could find other sources if you prefer, but your claim was that “NO ONE” had linked those players to Utd and I just proved you wrong. Shift the goal posts all you want just because you now don’t like the source.

The tabloids that print the same rumours about Poch.....but those ones you believe of course.
Lol

We are mid table....hahahahahahaha

As I said, how many players have we lost under Poch? Walker to City.

But Spurs have no control, and everyone wants out. You’re really struggling with our progression aren’t you. Awwwww

Using a daily star link to back up your argument sweet Jesus. I don’t be on here that much but when I do it’s always you I see talking absolute tripe. Take a day off son.

Using a daily star link to back up your argument sweet Jesus. I don’t be on here that much but when I do it’s always you I see talking absolutel tripe. Take a day off son.

See above....several guardian posts too, I simply took a headline after googling

Would you like another source?

Rumours are rumours....you can pick and choose what you want, but the point was simply that the players were linked, which they were.

Why don’t you stay away for good, You’re as forgettable as you are pointless

See above....several guardian posts too, I simply took a headline after googling

Would you like another source?

Rumours are rumours....you can pick and choose what you want, but the point was simply that the players were linked, which they were.

Why don’t you stay away for good, You’re as forgettable as you are pointless

you go from thread to thread posting the same pessimistic drivel...and I bet most people on here are sick to death of it too.

you go from thread to thread posting the same pessimistic drivel...and I bet most people on here are sick to death of it too.

Pessimistic???
I’m here telling you and Hood that we are not the small club of ten years ago, we are more attractive that Utd right now, Poch will not go there, and we’ve kept every single player linked with them since Berbatov.

You are agreeing with some prick who just said we were still mid table.
Silly, silly little cunt.

If most people are sick of me, maybe they should stop pos repping my posts all the time.

Last edited:
You seem to have missed the guardian, how convenient. They were just headlines I took, I could find other sources if you prefer, but your claim was that “NO ONE” had linked those players to Utd and I just proved you wrong. Shift the goal posts all you want just because you now don’t like the source.

The tabloids that print the same rumours about Poch.....but those ones you believe of course.
Lol

We are mid table....hahahahahahaha

As I said, how many players have we lost under Poch? Walker to City.

But Spurs have no control, and everyone wants out. You’re really struggling with our progression aren’t you. Awwwww

Oh sorry I missed that great bastion of truth and justice that is the Guardian - I stand corrected, that changes everything.

Oh and as for my claim that NO one has been linked - care to point where I said that. Please feel free to quote that as well.

And no I don’t place much stock in tabloid rumours - it’s just click bait. I place interest in officialmoves or statements from the club. I don’t know if United want Poch or not - all I know is if they do want him there is strong possibility of him going there for all of the reasons I stated. And Poch has history here - he has walked out of clubs for bigger move before.

Again we are a midtable financial club or do Deloitte have this wrong as well.

So far we have lost Walker and we lose Alderwield and Erisken as it stands. It’s never a mass exodus - it wasn’t under Redknapp but the likes Modric and Bale moved on when their careers demanded it.

But that automatically means everyone wants out right - strawman ahoy! If you don’t understand or appreciate the pyriamd structure of the game and how this is determined by capital then you won’t have the capacity to understand much else.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom