Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rowe, Buckingham, Nicholson, Herrera, Guardiola
Sessions
tenor.gif

I see every media outlet is now back to discussing how Pochettino will be next Utd manager. Pathetic and embarrassing. That McNulty at the BBC is the worst of them all for me. Smug prat.

Be funny if we win the double and then Pochettino goes to Man City instead, would 'almost' be worth it just to see the utd fans cry like the babies they are..

:pochlol:

So I saw an article this morning about United prepared to pay the fee required to get Pochettino, and it did make me wonder why managers tend to be a lot cheaper than players.

The Express claim £34m as the fee (and I know the article is going to be bollocks), but if we take that at face value, that seems extremely cheap for someone so integral to our club, considering that your top players are going for £100m+ in todays markets.

I get where you're coming from but:

Players = Transfer fee:
Manager = Buying out their contract.

Lot of money. Will it be enough to turn Levy's head?

Manchester United are willing to pay Tottenham a £34m compensation fee for manager Mauricio Pochettino if they appoint him as their boss in the summer. (Standard)

Manchester United are willing to pay Tottenham a £34m compensation fee for manager Mauricio Pochettino if they appoint him as their boss in the summer. (Standard)

Not in the grand scheme of things. Pochettino is worth a lot more than many of our players. If Utd want him surely it’s worth north of £50m. Would rather we sold Eriksen for £150m than lose Pochettino for peanuts.

Not in the grand scheme of things. Pochettino is worth a lot more than many of our players. If Utd want him surely it’s worth north of £50m. Would rather we sold Eriksen for £150m than lose Pochettino for peanuts.
Pochettino is worth more to Spurs than Neymar went for.
If I was Levy I would tell Manure that I would want £250m plus
Keeping Poch will earn him that in the next 3-4 years, if he gets the players to keep the performances he's getting at the moment.

actually, fuck it - I would pay Poch to stay, whatever it takes

Agreed. Consider that Poch's coaching genuinely seems to generate cash/value more than any other manager I can think of (Trippier, for example, could be sold for more money than he's worth due to Poch's fullback whispering), that alone is worth way more than £34m.

More importantly, in Poch, Levy has someone who perfectly fits the ethos of the club right now and (touch wood) really does seem to have a loyalty that sets him apart from basically everyone. Those photos of him out to dinner with Fergie scared the shit out of me at the time, but it looks more and more like he wants to be our Fergie - not just take some oil-rich easy-mode job after having made a name for himself.

He's priceless, you know.
:pochsmirk:

Pochettino is worth more to Spurs than Neymar went for.
If I was Levy I would tell Manure that I would want £250m plus
Keeping Poch will earn him that in the next 3-4 years, if he gets the players to keep the performances he's getting at the moment.

actually, fuck it - I would pay Poch to stay, whatever it takes
the only issue with this logic is when/ if the managers head is turned they are worthless, players you still have some control but managers are done - its why the transfer market for them is not the same as players even though 9/10 they are the most important part of any success.

It’s the painful realisation for them that it’s not 2008 anymore, and Tottenham are a more attractive option right now.

20 times 20 times.....whatever, SAF is long gone and they are just another Woolwich/Chelsea

That’s an incredibly naive statement to make.

They are the wealthiest club in the league when it comes to natural revenue and as long as they can pay 3 times the salaries we can they will always be a more attractive option than us and we will always been vulnerable by their advances.

That was the case in 2008 it is still the case in 2019.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom