Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't think people are sick of you at all, but more that some are sick of your style at times, which would include me. You're clearly a good and valuable contributor, but I wish you'd just take a breath sometimes.

The number of threads, where it's just page upon page upon page of you having every second or third post in a back and forth that's going more backwards than actually contributing anything of value, does get old real quick.

Thanks but if you read the dialogue I find it really odd that you’d pick me out for the pathetic way it unfolded.

I was only talking about Spurs, and backing our club, while others took it upon themselves to belittle the club while slagging me off.

Have I ever cunted you off? No, because I treat people the way they treat me. If someone comes in and calls my opinion tripe and slags me off out of the blue, then I’ll respond in kind.

I have a good relationship with loads of posters, and not so good with others yet we have mutual respect.
Then there’s others who offer nothing and spend their entire existence here slagging off the club, chairman and half the squad.

If people don’t want back and forths with me, they shouldn’t quote me. But if someone wants to argue with me for ten pages ( and it’s usually a group of them) then I find it a little bit rich that everyone pulls me up on it only.
Not one person has pulled up SPURIDL or whatever the fuck his name is, despite him being the initial aggressor, instigator, and not making a single on topic post about the discussion, which before he turned up was about Tottenham Hotspur Football Club.

Always the same mate to be honest, I’m totally used to it. I mean, look at Micks input...from nowher, out the blue. Pointless post, but everyone’s ok with it. Oh well.

Thanks but if you read the dialogue I find it really odd that you’d pick me out for the pathetic way it unfolded.

I was only talking about Spurs, and backing our club, while others took it upon themselves to belittle the club while slagging me off.

Have I ever cunted you off? No, because I treat people the way they treat me. If someone comes in and calls my opinion tripe and slags me off out of the blue, then I’ll respond in kind.

I have a good relationship with loads of posters, and not so good with others yet we have mutual respect.
Then there’s others who offer nothing and spend their entire existence here slagging off the club, chairman and half the squad.

If people don’t want back and forths with me, they shouldn’t quote me. But if someone wants to argue with me for ten pages ( and it’s usually a group of them) then I find it a little bit rich that everyone pulls me up on it only.
Not one person has pulled up SPURIDL or whatever the fuck his name is, despite him being the initial aggressor, instigator, and not making a single on topic post about the discussion, which before he turned up was about Tottenham Hotspur Football Club.

Always the same mate to be honest, I’m totally used to it. I mean, look at Micks input...from nowher, out the blue. Pointless post, but everyone’s ok with it. Oh well.

I wasn't picking you out in the context of the specific back and forth here. More an overall observation. I didn't read the back and forth, because as much as I enjoy coming on here reading various opinions on our club (and beyond), I'm not going to spend my time reading 2-3 people having any number of pops at each other. So I end up skipping pages which I really would rather not.

I could put you on ignore, but as I said I do like your contributions so I'd prefer not to (plus I'd just get a bunch of replies to you making no sense).

I wasn't picking you out in the context of the specific back and forth here. More an overall observation. I didn't read the back and forth, because as much as I enjoy coming on here reading various opinions on our club (and beyond), I'm not going to spend my time reading 2-3 people having any number of pops at each other. So I end up skipping pages which I really would rather not.

I could put you on ignore, but as I said I do like your contributions so I'd prefer not to (plus I'd just get a bunch of replies to you making no sense).

This feels like that time my ex told me she loved me but it’s over

Last edited:

They pulled you instead of me...what does that tell you haha... I was a cunt but they pulled you instead. LAV IT

I agree. I'm new here...but some things are perfectly obvious.
....don’t let this image fool you......:rolleyes:
vADIRBQ.jpg

As the tweet says, the clubs 2nd most consistent period in its entire history. An amazing time to support the club

Generally you could extend that to cover Jol, Ramos (well, he won a trophy), Redknapp, and AVB too. We’ve more or less been a consistent top 5 team for many years now, which was unheard of for god knows how long.

It’s incredibly satisfying knowing that we haven’t achieved this by simply throwing millions around. Oddly enough I still look back at the 90s with some fondness. It was the early 2000s that I felt we were a bit West Ham.

Generally you could extend that to cover Jol, Ramos (well, he won a trophy), Redknapp, and AVB too. We’ve more or less been a consistent top 5 team for many years now, which was unheard of for god knows how long.

It’s incredibly satisfying knowing that we haven’t achieved this by simply throwing millions around. Oddly enough I still look back at the 90s with some fondness. It was the early 2000s that I felt we were a bit West Ham.

Whilst you're correct in what you're saying - I think it's just pointing out that Pochettino is our longest reigning manager since Burkinshaw and that consistency has shown.

Amazingly, in our 137 year history, Pochettino is our 6th longest reigning manager and would move up to 5th if he completes another season.

The five above him?

John Cameron -- FA Cup winner.

Peter McWilliam -- FA Cup winner, Second Division winner.

Arthur Rowe -- First Division winner. Second Division winner

Bill Nicholson -- First Division winner. FA Cup winner (x3). League Cup winner (x2). UEFA Cup Winners Cup winner. UEFA Cup winner.

Keith Burkinshaw -- FA Cup winner (x2). UEFA Cup winner.

He's in good company. Cups will follow.

Last edited:

A consistent top 5-6 team yes I agree, but looking like we are on course to secure or 4th successive top 3 status is a huge achievement that many such as AVB & Jol said was unrealistic when they were in charge. Pochettino really has been the one who's pushed us in the right direction moreso than any of those before him and even though he is yet to win a trophy, in modern days league consistency builds a club more than a sporadic trophy does. His achievements are so much greater than a lot seem to acknowledge because we haven't taken a cup at the end of one of his seasons.

If the club plays its cards right, it's the platform it's been waiting for for years

Back
Top Bottom