Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

None of us know what his thoughts are. Saying he won't assess his options for the next 20 years is silly to me. But like I say, hope your right.
Don't put words into my mouth fella, I made no such statement, you claimed that this is what I said. Just as you chose to come up with him assessing his options at the end of the season directly after claiming he wants to be at the club for the next 20yrs. I take his words at their value, and I will rinse anyone that doesn't. Can't be any clearer than that.

None of us know what his thoughts are. Saying he won't assess his options for the next 20 years is silly to me. But like I say, hope your right.

It’s not his thoughts that we need to interpret - it’s what he says. I agree 20 years is unlikely - that’s a bold statement, but don’t you think he’s trying to put the tittle tattle rumours about him leaving to bed? Honestly, I don’t know what more the bloke can say.

Bed for me now Scott. Back tomorrow for the chavs. Speak then.

Don't put words into my mouth fella, I made no such statement, you claimed that this is what I said. Just as you chose to come up with him assessing his options at the end of the season directly claiming he wants to be at the club for the next 20yrs. I take his words at their value, and I will rinse anyone that doesn't. Can't be any clearer than that.
Ah, so you do think he will assess his options. We agree then.

It’s not his thoughts that we need to interpret - it’s what he says. I agree 20 years is unlikely - that’s a bold statement, but don’t you think he’s trying to put the tittle tattle rumours about him leaving to bed? Honestly, I don’t know what more the bloke can say.

Bed for me now Scott. Back tomorrow for the chavs. Speak then.
Yeah I am confident he will be here for at least another couple of seasons. But I do think he will assess his options every summer (like all managers do) & things can change quickly in football. It all depends what big jobs are avaliable too. Just an opinion but i am more confident he won't go to United. When he does go I reckon it will be abroad.

Simple yes or no please. Do you think poch will consider his options in the next few years? No waffle. Just yes or no?
Not exactly specific is it? "Next few years" what 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, .......20yrs???
If you want an answer No I don't think he will consider his options for quite some time probably not for at least a couple of years. He's clearly planning and building (WITH LEVY) for the next few years, so why the fuck wouldn't he?

Last edited:
I hope so, but it's highly unlikely he will be here in 20 years. Doesn't seem to happen these days. I think poch will just take it season by season & see how things are going.
The 20 years thing is like when you are in love and tell the girl you will be with her forever because ' at the moment, I am so happy'

Not exactly specific is it? "Next few years" what 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, .......20yrs???
If you want an answer No I don't think he will consider his options for quite some time probably not for at least a couple of years. He's clearly planning and building (WITH LEVY) for the next few years, so why the fuck wouldn't he?
I dont think he will consider his options either unless something very drastic happens in his relationship with Levy.

He did say this too.
"I saw a stat that in the last 10 years we were bottom of the spending list in Europe. We are doing a fantastic job but if we want to be real contenders we need to operate in a different way in the future."

I think he will see how much Levy puts out for the next few transfer windows once we are in the stadium because he would want to be in charge of 'real contenders' ......in the future.

Simple yes or no please. Do you think poch will consider his options in the next few years? No waffle. Just yes or no?

YES - Everybody considers their options probably every day, that doesn't mean you make any changes.

I often consider giving up drinking, moving back to the UK, holding less cunt-offs, but none of those things are ever likely to happen.

Poch will, and no doubt has over the last four years, considered moving to Real Madrid, Barcelona, Utd, PSG and feck knows who else, there is no question pretty much any of them would want him.

But actions speak louder than words, Poch is now the eighth longest serving manager in the entire football league, since 1950 only Billy Nick has won more games for Spurs, Poch has only just signed the biggest and longest management contract in the clubs entire history ...

Poch could become the first Spurs manager to win the EPL, the first Spurs manager to win the CL, and he will be the first Spurs manager in our new Stadium, the best stadium in the EPL.

Does all that sound like the actions of a man who is about to leave?

Sure I bet like all of us he will 'consider his options' but I'd also bet that he's going nowhere anytime soon ....

I hope so, but it's highly unlikely he will be here in 20 years. Doesn't seem to happen these days. I think poch will just take it season by season & see how things are going.

Only you and John could piss on that.

You must feel so gutted that every time you get a quote that you think backs you, which is gospel funnily enough, there are another 20 that don’t.

Which are conveniently just Poch lying.

Fantastic news that he wants to spend his whole career here.
We are Tottenham Hotspur, after all. He should want to spend his career here.

Now then. Lets all hope Levy takes on board his comments about changing our transfer policy to give him a chance to really compete with the big hitters and who knows, we may have our own version of Sir Alex ready to dominate England for years to come.

Poch has made his hopes and aspirations clear to all.

Levy, ENIC,.....over to you. You have a man in a million. Lets not fuck this up.

No John he was tricked into signing a six year contract and wants to leave and won’t be here in the summer right? Showdown talks, and warnings about spending big or I’m off to Utd.....he’s been betrayed.

Remember when I said he won’t leave so I won’t have to admit Levy let him down?
You asked me to “answer the question” five times......I told you he isn’t going anywhere.

Outside. Looking in. Still not getting it.

Still sitting there thinking Poch and Levy have no relationship (despite Poch saying how good it was a few weeks ago).
And that the first time he hears any of this is when we do by reading the news.

Christ man, wake the fuck up for once.

It is incredible.

This is football in the Premier League. For the time being Pochettino is doing great, and even more so when you consider the relatively low net outlay.

That also appeals to other clubs, some of whom have spunked money for lesser long term reward. That being said only us and Liverpool of the current big 6 are without trophies for a while. Odds are that one of us will change that this season.

There are always 3 sides to a triangle and 3 sides to a story. We can sit here debating/arguing and in some cases being downright disrespectful but...

We know Pochettino is here now. We know he is feted. We can hear him talk of the next 5 years. And he did say we might need to change things.

I don't think another 5 years of such limited net outlay would see him at the club or us being as competitive.

But hey as long as we are nearly there he will be happy... yeah right.

The guy wants to win things. He has laid the foundations. He has undertaken and is still undertaking his own development. He might also think he deserves backing.

Last edited:
I don't know where all this 20 years nonsense came from, i heard it was 2 decades! FAKE NEWS!

I heard that “I would like to manage Spurs for 20 years and win titles and the CL here and I can’t wait to get into the new ground and I’m so excited about the future and we are ahead of schedule and Levy, Lewis and Jesus we all agree”

Meant:

“Spend big now so I can win trophies or I will reassess my position in the summer”

#betweenthelines

I don't think another 5 years of such limited net outlay would see him at the club or us being as competitive.

Which is why he said:
At the moment it’s fantastic, so far so good, but we’ll see if it’s enough to challenge and be consistent in the next five years operating in that way, if we’re capable to fight with the big sides in the same way that we’ve fought in the last four or five years.

No one has said this policy will be enough for another five years. People have simply said what Poch has said.
You take what Poch has said, add your own conclusion to how likely it is, and try and palm it off as something Poch meant.

He said exactly what he said, which you are just repeating as your views, and adding ultimatums to it

Back
Top Bottom