Match Thread: Man United (away)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Chris-Hoy-lg.jpg
Chris-Hoy-lg.jpg
thousands of these

Sadly I don't think enough of our fans are smart enough for that sort of wit/humour. Now if it was an 1882 event on the other hand.

Dembele has already run all over Utd at Old Trafford once this year. 2-1 Spurs. Goals from :vert: and :lennon:

COME ON YOU FUCKING SPURS

Seeing that we are possibly the last football team left in the known universe not to have beaten Utd in the last 10 years - I can only expect the default outcome.

- 3:0 Utd

- At least one controversial decision against us

- One of their players who hasn't scored in years to break his duck

...................................Brad

Walker............Gallas.............Dawson...........Vertonghen

Lennon............Sandro............Hudd..............Bale

................................Dembele

............................Defoe

2-1 Spurs

Funkapuss said:
really don't fancy Defoe up front on his own at OT, and think playing 4-4-2 would be suicidal, so that's a bit of a problem with no Adebayor, wonder will AVB stick Dempsey up there on his own at the risk of upsetting Defoe?

I think he could be alright if we stick Dembele a bit further up, like a second striker. He has the strength and creativity to allow Defoe to just concentrate on staying onside, and getting into scoring positions.

HyNdZee said:
I think AVB will stick to what he knows best so far. Defoe and Dempsey seem to be the working combo at the moment, unless someone else impresses massively against Carlisle.

Perhaps Ade would be better but if Lloris can't get in ahead of Brad then I doubt Ade will get the nod ahead of JD and it's the way it should be. It would be unfair on a match fit Defoe to drop him for a returning Ade who still hasn't had 90 minutes since last season.

But by all means we should bring him on from the bench if things go pear shaped and then he can earn his place back like the rest of the players have had to do (Vertonghen, Dembele, Dempsey, Naughton, Caulker).

We'd struggle with United away even if we had Messi. Whatever decides the result up there is always beyond the team that we pick...

Im not sure Id go with Dempsey and Defoe in a 442 up there. Id play a 442 with a fit Ade and Defoe, but they would both have to work extremely hard in the middle of the pitch.

Thelonious said:
I'd pick Dempsey ahead of Siggy for this game (if we had to pick between the two), Dempsey more of a goal threat.

Id leave Siggy well out of this one unless Ade is the lone man. Someone made a really good post regarding his lack of impact at the moment being down to not having a big holding striker to support him. Could be alot in that.

Lets just organise a barbecue , invite all the players and give them the three points for free. It will be a far more relaxing experience for everyone involved

Spurs for not having to return empty handed after playing good
Man U will not have to bear the long wait for that undeserved penalty
The ref can just collect his pat on the back from Fergie before the game

And we spare ourselves about a thousand cunts , a few hundred bollocks and the obligatory for fuck sakes while watching the game.

screw the what could ve been game ...

Back
Top Bottom