Match Thread: Man United (away)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Fuck it I thought I would make this one. I've only made one other match thread and we won :king:

Not much to say other than we need a miracle to win. Not because were a shit team but when we play United, everyone on our team wants to play like Jenas.

I think we always played into United's hands in the past in having a go at them and leave ourselves a bit open. If we can hold on to the ball a bit better than we have done before we have a chance. United haven't been playing that great recently so you never know. Would really serve to boost players and managements confidence if we got a win.

SadlerTHFC said:
Fuck it I thought I would make this one. I've only made one other match thread and we won :king:

Not much to say other than we need a miracle to win. Not because were a shit team but when we play United, everyone on our team wants to play like Jenas.

Don't forget that the referee always acts like a cunt. I just hope it isn't Clattenberg :avbfacepalm: His bias towards United is almost as obvious as Howard Webbs.

it will be very interesting to see the reaction to a loss, will our utterly abysmal record be taken into account? or will it be another sign of AVB being a charlatan completely out of his depth?

really don't fancy Defoe up front on his own at OT, and think playing 4-4-2 would be suicidal, so that's a bit of a problem with no Adebayor, wonder will AVB stick Dempsey up there on his own at the risk of upsetting Defoe?

SadlerTHFC said:

5pojs1.jpg

:jenaswtf:

1) jimmyriggle wanted to start one
2) if we don't win, you have to pay a donation to The Fighting Cock

Not that fussed about 1), as for 2), blame pyro. :akabusi:

Stanners said:
SadlerTHFC said:

[ Image ]

:jenaswtf:

Is that Alan Smith standing next to Van Nistelrooy?

How did he ever get into the Man United team?

I was ready to blame T if we lost to QPR, but we won against all the match thread odds so I've officially given up the superstition. It's all about Andre's beads now...

HyNdZee said:
I was ready to blame T if we lost to QPR, but we won against all the match thread odds so I've officially given up the superstition. It's all about Andre's beads now...
yeah but it's fun to put it down to that, strikes a bit of fear in the OP. :king:

All depends on whether Adebayor is fit for me. Defoe never troubles their defenders for the whole 90mins which means we don't have an out when under pressure.

Adebayor plays we win. Maybe.

[centre]Friedel

Walker - Caulker - Gallas - Verts

Sandro - Dembele

Lennon - Dempsey - Bale

Adebayor[/centre]

Their side is going to be tricky to beat though:

[centre]Probert - Mason

Dean - Clattenburg - Webb - Dowd

Oliver - Friend - Halsey - Foy

Atkinson[/centre]

I think AVB will stick to what he knows best so far. Defoe and Dempsey seem to be the working combo at the moment, unless someone else impresses massively against Carlisle.

Perhaps Ade would be better but if Lloris can't get in ahead of Brad then I doubt Ade will get the nod ahead of JD and it's the way it should be. It would be unfair on a match fit Defoe to drop him for a returning Ade who still hasn't had 90 minutes since last season.

But by all means we should bring him on from the bench if things go pear shaped and then he can earn his place back like the rest of the players have had to do (Vertonghen, Dembele, Dempsey, Naughton, Caulker).

We'd struggle with United away even if we had Messi. Whatever decides the result up there is always beyond the team that we pick...

Back
Top Bottom