Match Thread: Man United (away)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Wtf dude? What happened to not starting a match thread until the last match is over? You have now doomed us all, as my thread was going to win this fixture for us. I hope you're happy

jimmyriggle said:
Wtf dude? What happened to not starting a match thread until the last match is over? You have now doomed us all, as my thread was going to win this fixture for us. I hope you're happy
tumblr_lz69ndqOuk1r554qf.gif

Fucking Foy! :avbfacepalm:

I've never been to OT before, and I'm going on Saturday, so let's hope that I make the difference :akabusi:

Anyone else going? If yeah, fancy meeting up in a pub near the ground?

Manchester United FC 4-3 Tottenham Hotspur FC

Jermaine Defoe 9
Jermaine Defoe 25
Gareth Bale 75
Sandro Sent Off 78

Van Persie Penalty Kick 81
Kyle Walker Own Goal 83
Van Persie Penalty Kick 89
Michael Carrick 90+4

@8colespurs8 said:
I've never been to OT before, and I'm going on Saturday, so let's hope that I make the difference :akabusi:
I thought that last year but I went up there and we got fucking battered 3-0 on a Monday night. One of the worst nights of my life.

SanDiegoYiddo said:
I think AVB's style of play is suited to face stronger teams.
Isn't this what we said about Harry, too? This squad seems built to defeat sides that come to play. If they park the bus, we're left without a clue.

Éperons said:
SanDiegoYiddo said:
I think AVB's style of play is suited to face stronger teams.
Isn't this what we said about Harry, too? This squad seems built to defeat sides that come to play. If they park the bus, we're left without a clue.
Well AVB seems to be ok with giving up possession (or at least more so than Redknapp). Plus playing Defoe up top instead of Adebayor (so far) lends itself to a more counter attacking style. Plus we have 3 of the 5 or 10 fastest players in England.

For a couple of seasons now our squad has been good enough to be able to beat them. It's more about whether our players believe they can. I hope AVB can instill some confidence in them. He probably will, in the long term, but this game maybe a little too soon for it.

I will be happy if we can control the possession and get a draw. Also, I fully expect Foy to fuck up and gift them one goal atleast. It is OT after all!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-8dOjeVC80[/youtube]

this will happen again....

Old Trafford rules, guys.

No away penalties, ball has to hit the back of the net for away goals to count, if ManU losing at 90 mins, play added time till they win.

Written off as far as I am concerned.

Back
Top Bottom