Manchester City v Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

City used to be a respectable club that got good crowds at lower levels, but now the football world just thinks they’re pathetic. Everything they do is meaningless- if you gave Stockport County £2b they would win titles too, so who cares?

I’m so glad that I don’t support a club like that, there can’t be any joy in it whatsoever.

He probably came here because Allah sent him. After he finished his work, he went back to ISIS.
post-37094-Tom-Cruise-WHAT-gif-Oblivion-I-wDog_zps89khyuh7.gif~c200

To add. I miss our high intensity pressing game. We used to scare and bully teams ... it's all gone a bit flat lately
Don't get me wrong I'm glad we finally learnt a bit of guile and craft with the sit in and sucker punch ... but I feel we seem to have gone a bit halfway house of late and the result is a bit drab

Still whatever manner we adopt

COYS always !!

Too many important defensive players missing unfortunately. 3-1 defeat I think then move on and forget it.

:dembelewtf: This is so pessimistic. It’s going to be the opposite. They are probably going to try and be so gung ho and leave gaps everywhere. Their defense is actually avg at best. Their attackers don’t help defend at all. If we press them they are going to make several mistakes like when they played Woolwich. But our attackers are better than Woolwichs so I think we can take more advantage. Plus even with Toby and Sanchez out our defense is better than Woolwich so we won’t go down 3-1 like they did.

Just look at their premiership “record” 92-08.
Pre-oil money.

Yo yo club finishing nearer relegation places than 1st place. Fucking laughable they can remember a cup final in the 80s and identify with it as their current club. It’s not.

And a country — with a human rights record that if you put the Hacienda in the middle of it would be literally stoning people to death for walking in the place — come along buy the people’s club of Manchester and prove that history and tradition counts for fuck all.

And they look at this success like it is something more than literally being given as much money as it takes to win trophies. The polar opposite of the term competition.

We will catch and overtake Woolwich through hard work and supporters believing in this club. I would never swap that for what city have done in their quest to overtake United.

Frauds. Managed by a chequebook short term manager out to cement a reputation built on being top dog.

Don’t envy the club, their fans or their success.

They can enjoy their paid for success, and pretend they didn’t prostitute what their club once stood for.
No, it doesn't sound like you envy them one bit.

To add. I miss our high intensity pressing game. We used to scare and bully teams ... it's all gone a bit flat lately
Don't get me wrong I'm glad we finally learnt a bit of guile and craft with the sit in and sucker punch ... but I feel we seem to have gone a bit halfway house of late and the result is a bit drab

Still whatever manner we adopt

COYS always !!

If you always play the same way you become predictable a la Woolwich's Wenger and Klopp's Liverpool. Guardiola generally sticks to a system but he makes sure to be at clubs where he can have the best players to play that system.

We've outperformed teams with bigger budgets by being tactically variable and unpredictable.

Back
Top Bottom