Man Utd (A) - 11 DEC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I take your point about being clinical in front of goal but apart from Wanyama's awful miss what other chances did we create?
None really, neither did they, really.
Kind of the point. We need lots of chances to score. If we don't create any we won't because if we do get a single/ two decent goal scoring chances we will invariably not convert them. It's sometimes like we need to miss a few before we score. Sometimes you don't get lots of opportunities to do that, like v CSKA for example
How many times have we been all over teams/peppering the opposition with shots the keeper saves /missing good chances then the other team gets one chance and puts it away

None really, neither did they, really.
Kind of the point. We need lots of chances to score. If we don't create any we won't because if we do get a single/ two decent goal scoring chances we will invariably not convert them. It's sometimes like we need to miss a few before we score. Sometimes you don't get lots of opportunities to do that, like v CSKA for example
How many times have we been all over teams/peppering the opposition with shots the keeper saves /missing good chances then the other team gets one chance and puts it away

They just seemed to look more dangerous and energetic than us

You'd think we had played in Ukraine in midweek

They just seemed to look more dangerous and energetic than us

You'd think we had played in Ukraine in midweek
Yeah but to be fair he rested 6 and 4 of them were in defence.Rojo was the only one to play midweek. Carrick and Martial were rested too. Ibrahimovic doesn't exactly put himself all over the place like Kane either.
His back 5 was fresher, the middle a bit more on it, and our attack looked jaded, having played a must not lose game midweek.
That was probably the difference.
Rose and Walker rested and fresh may have made a difference. Yet Dembele was and looked like he wasn't. Think we may have seen the best injury free season from dembele last year. Looks like he is back to the in out dembele of old.
Then again the goal was down to us, as it was last season there. Otherwise we probably would have picked up a point

Yeah but to be fair he rested 6 and 4 of them were in defence.Rojo was the only one to play midweek. Carrick and Martial were rested too. Ibrahimovic doesn't exactly put himself all over the place like Kane either.
His back 5 was fresher, the middle a bit more on it, and our attack looked jaded, having played a must not lose game midweek.
That was probably the difference.
Rose and Walker rested and fresh may have made a difference. Yet Dembele was and looked like he wasn't. Think we may have seen the best injury free season from dembele last year. Looks like he is back to the in out dembele of old.
Then again the goal was down to us, as it was last season there. Otherwise we probably would have picked up a point

Yes not happy with Moose
Plays too far back
I want him breaking into their box!

Always want Dier in front of our back four too!

Been on SpursVital and a lot of them are anti Poch and blame Hugo for their goal
:pochrolleyes::lloris:

Yes not happy with Moose
Plays too far back
I want him breaking into their box!

Always want Dier in front of our back four too!

Been on SpursVital and a lot of them are anti Poch and blame Hugo for their goal

I see alot of them wankers crawling out of the woodwork recently..

Shite performances will do that.....

We literally just smashed Swansea and CSKA Moscow.

Last season is quite literally turning into a cancer. Expectations are far too high for some fans, especially as they don't understand that it was a one off.

We literally just smashed Swansea and CSKA Moscow.

Last season is quite literally turning into a cancer. Expectations are far too high for some fans, especially as they don't understand that it was a one off.

Oh so hold on the fairytale season was us and not Leicester..... what a nightmare.....

We beat moscow in a wooden spoon and swansea are the worst side ever (once you get them on the back foot from a fucking cheated pen) The fairytale continues.

Last edited:
Oh so hold on the fairytale season was us and not Leicester..... what a nightmare.....

We beat moscow in a wooden spoon and swansea are the worst side ever (once you get them on the back foot from a fucking cheated pen) The fairytale continues.

Oh, cheer up! Swansea were shocking, but have beaten two other Premiership teams the games before and after. 3rd in the Premier League was an excellent season for Spurs, our best finish in decades. That was special and the team could do it again this season. We're not that far off. We haven't been firing on all cylinders yet, but I think we will click at some point!

You can only beat what's in front of you. Chelsea couldn't beat Swansea. City just about did.

It's not our fault the teams around us have unlimited funs and wage structure practically double ours. We are right where we belong and until people realise this, expectations are going to be too high. Many people thought we'd walk out champions league group ffs bevause we battered Monaco last season. Everyone seems to base things on LAST season. I mean people probably still think Chelsea can't win the league because they finished outside the top 6 last year.

I was looking at a general football forum and they were comparing Klopp to Poch and were saying that while Klopp is an amazing manager with a track record of success who can take Liverpool to the top, Poch appears to be reaching the limit of his abilities with us. Just such a stupid opinion. Poch has only ever managed clubs with limited budgets, has far less experience as a manager and isn't in charge of a team that most of the country seem to be in thrall of and think it's a massive injustice that they aren't constantly challenging for the title. I think there's also an element of people massively falling for Klopp's Mr. Nice Guy act whereas Poch just seems a lot colder and angrier as a person (although to me I think Poch is just more honest and doesn't dress his behaviour up in so much shite, while Klopp's presentation in every way is a complete act).

I was looking at a general football forum and they were comparing Klopp to Poch and were saying that while Klopp is an amazing manager with a track record of success who can take Liverpool to the top, Poch appears to be reaching the limit of his abilities with us. Just such a stupid opinion. Poch has only ever managed clubs with limited budgets, has far less experience as a manager and isn't in charge of a team that most of the country seem to be in thrall of and think it's a massive injustice that they aren't constantly challenging for the title. I think there's also an element of people massively falling for Klopp's Mr. Nice Guy act whereas Poch just seems a lot colder and angrier as a person (although to me I think Poch is just more honest and doesn't dress his behaviour up in so much shite, while Klopp's presentation in every way is a complete act).

And it doesn't matter who we play against the opposing teams manager is very respectful and, in Conte's case, shit scared!

Several issues firstly the style is slightly different. Poch is at heart more defensive than Klopp, Poch wants to press and play with intensity to stop the opposition playing as much as to score, Klopp wants to play hard and high to simply out score the opposition. Personally I think Klopps way in some respects is more Spurs in the traditional sense of scoring more than the opposition and being reckless to a degree. That being said having a top notch defensive record for a Spurs team is amazing.

If anything I think Poch has pushed some of our players as far as they can go. He has improved us massively as a team but we need more quality mainly in attacking areas if we are too move to the next level, that therefore is not a change in manager but the purchase of a few top quality players.

People forget that while Spain may have the best individuals (Messi, Ronaldo, Modric, Iniesta etc) the Prem has the best managers (Conte, Klopp, Guardiola, Wenger, Mourinho, Koeman and of course Poch) so its got to a strange situation where if any of these guys don't win things they are deemed failures when in reality it's simply that there is so much competition and it comes down more to the quality and depths of the squads which lets be honest we need to improve on.

Back
Top Bottom