Man United [A] Sunday 14 Jan 16:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What's your prediction?

• 3 points

Votes: 150 75.8%
  • 1 point

Votes: 39 19.7%
  • No points

Votes: 9 4.5%

• Total voters
It’s really not that bad. Bentancur is fantastic, Skipp is good young player and Hojberg is a highly experienced pro. Midfield has good depth considering who we are missing.
It’s awful

No legs, no ability on the ball other than Bentacur

Incapable of playing football the way Ange wants to play. Pointless even trying to be brave on the ball, sit deep and boot midfield

Last edited:
I get the intent, but come on. Firstly not this week - the credit has be earned for that.

Secondly you don't want Gallagher.

And thirdly, you can see what's starting to happen with the Premier League - teams are under huge pressure and Forest/Villa/Newcastle and Wolves are all under scrutiny; with Chelsea and City surely fucked at some point. As annoying as it's been as Spurs supporters, we know that's not happening to us. And ironically we might just be the best placed to capitalise.
I want Gallagher

He improves our squad massively and his robustness means we can move on Skipp and Hoj. He also improves our 11 assuming we don’t have our best 11 for 75% of games. Also think he has goal potential, more so than anyone other than Madders. Got 8 for Palace season before last

In two minds about Romero. I would rather wait until he is 100% before trying him.
But maybe Ange is being a bit coy about his true level of fitness and starts him!
It was a slight niggle / bit of tightness in hamstring when he came off v Everton. One was the original time frame then changed to 4/5 weeks. So i reckon somewhere in the middle. If cuti himself says his raring to go then i guess he must be ok. In the past he may have cried off.

It was a slight niggle / bit of tightness in hamstring when he came off v Everton. One was the original time frame then changed to 4/5 weeks. So i reckon somewhere in the middle. If cuti himself says his raring to go then i guess he must be ok. In the past he may have cried off.
Also, other managers would have risked him for short-term gain eg that Portuguese cancer or the Italian bastardo. Don’t see that with Ange, he will be more focused on the season not 3 points and taking a risk

I want Gallagher

He improves our squad massively and his robustness means we can move on Skipp and Hoj. He also improves our 11 assuming we don’t have our best 11 for 75% of games. Also think he has goal potential, more so than anyone other than Madders. Got 8 for Palace season before last
Fair. I thought I'd seen a post where you said you didn't want him, that's my bad then.

I don't personally like Gallagher or want him BUT Ange seemingly does. And he is better than Skipp and Hoijberg IMO. So I agree. Plus getting him is acting like a "big" club.

Anyway. Come on Richie. You need four shots on target for me. 🤣

Vic

PP
Drag
VDV
Dog

Bent
Skippy (6)
Kulu

Johnson
Rich
Timo

Think we'll struggle sadly, too many absences and not much on the bench in midfield or attack. Hope I'm wrong.
Prbly the line up but skipp in there just brings it down. Can we not try say push Porro in there and play royal at rb who stays back a bit more. Need the pace in midfield as manure have some quick forwards and they will play on the break. Need to watch their left side. Skipp and Kulu in midfield is just to slow. The game passes them by. I’d rather PEH in there than Skipp who doesn’t deserve a start after last game.

Fair. I thought I'd seen a post where you said you didn't want him, that's my bad then.

I don't personally like Gallagher or want him BUT Ange seemingly does. And he is better than Skipp and Hoijberg IMO. So I agree. Plus getting him is acting like a "big" club.

Anyway. Come on Richie. You need four shots on target for me. 🤣
I also like the idea of another Eng player, sorry makes me a bit Brexit and also his energy, commitment and ability to stay fit. We can sign a better player, arguably GLC has more silky ability but rarely fit and is inconsistent

Bentancur got 5 in 18 EPL games last season playing clogball.
Fair. I like him as a DM but think his hard running is his best part eg when Bissouma is back as DM he slowly moves forward as fitness grows. He won’t score goals until that change happens.

I just think CG adds flexibility to cope without Bentacur, Biss or Sarr which will be needed especially next season

If we're short of midfielders, could Ange go to a 3 back?

Romero-Dragusin-Van De Ven
Porro Udogie
Bentancur-Hojberg
Johnson------Richarlison-‐-----Werner
Good shout. Bring back the double pivot midfield axis of bent and PEH. At least it would given porro and destiny even more freedom. Would have pace at the back and play cuti in the middle. I think Ange needs to be imaginative and think outside the box sometimes with all these players missing. He needs to weigh up pros and cons of playing say a midfield 3 of bent skipp and PEH with other formations / players. Like I have posted play porro in the Sarr role and put royal at rb. Something a little different to get us out of this hole.

Good shout. Bring back the double pivot midfield axis of bent and PEH. At least it would given porro and destiny even more freedom. Would have pace at the back and play cuti in the middle. I think Ange needs to be imaginative and think outside the box sometimes with all these players missing. He needs to weigh up pros and cons of playing say a midfield 3 of bent skipp and PEH with other formations / players. Like I have posted play porro in the Sarr role and put royal at rb. Something a little different to get us out of this hole.
The whole point of Ange is unwavering self belief in the process and style. I think it’s a consideration but I don’t see it happening

I bet either Kulu or Maddison start in MF

For me if we are gonna do anything random and left field would play Romero as DM! Kid has such good feet, presence and ability

The whole point of Ange is unwavering self belief in the process and style. I think it’s a consideration but I don’t see it happening

I bet either Kulu or Maddison start in MF

For me if we are gonna do anything random and left field would play Romero as DM! Kid has such good feet, presence and ability
I’m only suggesting diff options so as not to play a midfield consisting of skipp and PEH. Out of the two I’d prefer PEH as his passing is better certainly longer range which may come in use v manure for counters. I’d rather use our best available players and may tinker with the formation or positions of those players than play skipp / PEH in midfield.

I'd legit be tempted to try Gil in the 8/10 role if Deki isn't fit.

He'd get muscled off but he'd run forever and moves the ball really intelligently. In terms of getting muscled off, that UTD midfield is likely to be Bruno, Casemiro and Eriksen, none of them want to run as much as Gil and they will muscle him off less and less as they struggle to keep up with his running.

As others have said, the midfield is a worry tomorrow. Don’t fancy PEH or Skipp on that big Old Trafford pitch in what could be a game with lots of transitions. Both and it could get ugly. Let’s hope some players make it.

I don’t think he is , but he works hard and gives as an aerial threat . I doubt he ever gets 3 in a game. Hoping he proves me wrong tomorrow
But for offsides and snatching at shots he could have scored four against Brighton; its positioning more than anything.

He usually does well with headers too.

View: https://youtu.be/v0wHVLSW7s4?si=E3TklnjkKAAECVhY

Mad and Solomon next two back in training, defo not available Sunday.

Forget all the noise about the "Cult of Ange" that first answer is the real reason the media love Ange. He gives them real insight and in-depth answers about his process and what really goes on in the process of a signing. Usually they would need to go through a manager's people and the club's press officer to get this kind of access and behind the scenes details. With Ange all you need to do is ask a good question in a press conference.

The man could have been a journalist because he understands the benefits of communicating the game properly and not just regurgitating controversial snippets on the same tired old topics.

I hope Ange has watched the whole game they had against Villa. Basically don’t play like they did second half and we will win. Having VDV back could be huge as they love a ball over the top. Their defence and keeper are poor though, so press high win the ball and punish them and we will win. It’s just a shame Sonny isn’t here because we will need to be clinical in front of goal.

Back
Top Bottom